Please, in the name of all that is holy, DO NOT STAY AT LAKE RUDOLPH. If you’re wondering why, I’m happy to tell you all the reasons. First of all, the Lake Rudolph experience absolutely destroys anything people actually like about the great outdoors. Between the loud movies they show, the loud campers shouting and drinking at the next campsite over, the golf carts people ride around everywhere, and so on, there is no “peace of nature” to be had here. The golf cart riders are obnoxious, engaging in in-your-face exultation while they cut you off as you try to back your car or trailer into your space (and nothing says the great outdoors more than golf carts, of course!) The setting is far too large, spreading over at least 100 acres, and in an effort to make all the money they can, the campground managers have packed in all the spaces they can as tightly as possible, giving you absolutely no privacy. Too many of the campers bizarrely embrace one aspect of traditional camping, the campfire, and indulge in it even on sweltering hot nights in August, which doesn’t make you think too highly of their intelligence. Please stay away from this place at all costs, especially if you like your camping to involve any interaction with nature, instead of with annoying, stupid tourists. If all you want is a cheap place to stay in southern Indiana, you have lots of other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the great outdoors by staying at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort in Santa Claus, Indiana. Voted one of the top ten favorite parks in North America and a two-time National RV Park of the Year, Lake Rudolph is the closest lodging and camping to Holiday World Theme Park & Splashin' Safari Water Park. Multiple family lodging options include over 270 Cabins & Rental RVs, and nearly 230 full hookup RV Sites and Tent Sites, including over 100 paved sites. Family fun amenities including Santa's Splash Down WaterPark, the giant Blitzen Bay swimming pool, playgrounds, basketball courts, horseshoe pits, fishing, paddleboats, kayaks, gem mining, mini golf, game room, camp store, Blitzen Kitchen Ice Cream & Pizza, family activities, and much more. Lake Rudolph is the perfect solution for your getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Rudolph Campground And Rv Resort
- Lake Rudolph Campground & Rv Hotel Santa Claus