“Better than expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Santa's Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Claus
Santa's Lodge
You added Santa's Lodge to your Saves list
91 W. Christmas Blvd., Santa Claus, IN 47579   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Claus
“Better than expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect from Santa's lodge, but overall it was very nice. The pools and hot tub were a great way to relax. Excellent location to Holiday World. Would like to have a mini fridge but we just used a cooler instead. Water pressure and hot water in the shower was perfect. My only minor complaint was the beds as super firm and the were noisy. You may also want to request extra pillows, none are on the room. The gazebo was also relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Carmel, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

When I booked the room they said the mattresses had pillow tops on them, etc., etc. When we got there, there was a bunch of people smoking right at the entrance where you check in. Not such a good welcome. The rom was very old and the pillows were from the 1950's. I was afraid to put my head on them. The mattresses were just as old. No pillow top. The parking lot was full. No were to park and the elevator was not working so we had to climb stairs with all our luggage. Room was somewhat clean. They are lucky they are right outside Holiday World Amusement park or no one would be staying there.

Room Tip: Check in early. We checked in late and got the worst of the worst.
Webster Groves, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

You can't beat the location for being close to Holiday World but its a bit pricey for what it is. The room was stinky like an old motel, and the view of the "courtyard" was just gravel and weeds. However, I must say that all of the Christmas decor was kind of fun… a little creepy but fun. We did not eat at their restaurant because it seemed a little expensive too. There aren't many choices to eat or stay in Santa Claus, Indiana, which was surprising. But Holiday World is fun… read my review :)

• Stayed May 2013
Hamilton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Santas Lodge has a monopoly on rooms in the area and are the only hotel in town. Not saying that is bad as it is a very small town. Hotel is nice looking from the street and Santa themed. We were three families that stayed one night each on June 18.

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and lobby was clean and festive. Room I reserved was a two queen deluxe and was in E building room 365. Room was very clean and very standard. Two beds, older tv and furnishing, small fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. a/c worked great. Bathroom was a little small and sink and vanity is located outside bathroom in entry way. carpet was older but clean. Just a basic room you could find in a hampton inn or maybe a little less quality.

Close up of building showed it needed some cosmetic touches like new paint as it was chipped and peeling. One elevator, so during prime time there is a wait. Indoor and outdoor pool looked nice but we didnt use them and they have a playground for kids onsite.

Enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant- st nicks- see my review for that as well.

I would stay here again if the price was better we paid $140 a night and the room does not equal that quality. A fair price would be between $79-99 a night really unless they update. Location to Holiday World cannot be beat though.

• Stayed June 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My two sons (ages 11 & 14) and I stayed at Santa's Lodge for three nights while we spent two days at Holiday World. This was our third stay over several years. It is the closest hotel to Holiday World and there are not any other choices within Santa Claus, IN unless you want to camp. The hotel is clean, but very basic. I think everyone who stays at the hotel is visiting Holiday World, so expect a lot of kids. Most of the employees are nice and helpful. However, when we checked in on the night of June 13, the front desk young girl could not tell me what the price was for their 'discounted' Holiday World tickets. You would think that every employee there would be well versed on Holiday World information, but not so. This young girl had no interest in helping me with anything other than handing me back my credit card to check in. Other than this employee, everyone else was very nice and welcoming. The next morning, the desk clerk was able to go into the office and pull a sheet to tell me pricing as the gift shop was not yet open.

The hotel restaurant is very basic - buffet breakfast and dinner every day we were there, with mostly the same food. The same food would get old if we stayed here for any length of time. The room is clean but very basic with older decor and basic older sheets and bedding. Lots of kids run around, so you must have tolerance for that to stay at this hotel. The indoor and outdoor pools get overrun with kids and have wet towels left everywhere. It would be helpful if someone at the hotel occasionally picked up wet left behind towels (and left clean towels) during the busy evening time.

The key to this hotel is simply the proximity to Holiday World,nothing else. It is very nice to be 5 minutes to Holiday World. Although it is clean, for the price and what you get it would be hard to compete with other hotels if there were any nearby. If no other hotels establish in Santa Claus prior to my next visit to Holiday World, I would stay here again. My expectations are controlled from prior visits.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel is a perfect place to stay if you are visiting Holiday World and do not like to camp. Beyond that, there simply isn't anything special about this property. The room was clean, as was the bathroom. Amenities were basic, and there was a coffee maker and ice bucket. The tv was your traditional CRT type, and the beds were very firm. The air conditioning worked great. Just be advised if you are in the front two "wings" that there is no elevator to get to the second floor. I would stay here again, just because of its proximity to Holiday World & Splashin' Safari.

Effingham, Illinois, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and 2 children (7 and 5) chose to stay at this hotel again this year after our pleasant experience last year with it. I was disappointed to see that the price went up $20 over last year's price ($120 w/tax for a standard 2 double bed room) but figured it was worth it given the nice room we had last year and the proximity of the hotel to Holiday World.
We checked in about 6:30 that evening. Check in was, for the most part, uneventful. I did ask the young gal at check in about a new bar in grill in town that I had read about online - she advised me that the hotel had a bar and restaurant and that she could not recommend the bar and grill to me. (Okay?!?)
We got our room and were disappointed to see that it was not recently updated (as our room the year before had been.) This one had older furnishings and a small tv. We were also put in an area of the hotel without easy elevator access. Not a huge deal as we only had a couple bags, but my children were sure disappointed we would not be using an elevator to get to and from the main floor to our room.
The following morning we planned to swim for a while before checking out. When we got to the pool area at 8:15 (it opens at 8) there were still wet towels from the night before laying around on the chairs and there was not a single dry clean towel on the shelf. Finally around 9 am I saw some members of the hotel staff in the hallway right outside the pool area and popped my head out and asked for some towels. They did get them brought in quickly after that.
Overall there is nothing horrible about staying here. It is clean and SOME of the rooms are updated, but for the price I would expect a little more then what you get. (The previous night we stayed in Evansville IN (1 hour away) and for $70 got a hotel with a much larger pool and free hot breakfast the next morning).
If the price remains at the $120 a night range (or higher) we will probably stay elsewhere on our future trips to HW.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Santa's Lodge? Share your experiences!