“Stay here if going to Holiday World.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Santa's Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Claus
Santa's Lodge
You added Santa's Lodge to your Saves list
91 W. Christmas Blvd., Santa Claus, IN 47579   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Claus
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Stay here if going to Holiday World.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

It was so nice to have a very short car ride from Holiday World to the hotel because by the end of the days at the park, we were exhausted I have stayed at the Santa Claus Lodge twice with my family. Both experiences were very good. We stayed in Queen Deluxe rooms. They are a little bigger than the standard rooms and have a small fridge and microwave. If I had more people staying in the room than one child and a husband, I would spring for a suite. The rooms are clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. When we checked in for our most recent stay, we had reserved the deluxe rooms, but the ones they gave us were just standard. We realized it as soon as we walked in and went back to the front desk. They apologized and gave us deluxe rooms immediately. There is an extra $20 cost per night for deluxe vs. standard. The building looks dated in places, but clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a Remodeled room. The Deluxe rooms are approximately $20 more per night, but are a little b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We just returned home from a wonderful time we had at Santa's Lodge and Holiday World. I have to say, I was concerned about the bad things I read about Santas Lodge. Please do not believe them and check this place out for yourself. From checking in to the time I left, I was totally HAPPY with the service, cleanliness and the food buffets. And I have to admit, I like things nice, tidy, and clean. I love the way the Entrance is decorated and I hope they do not change anything. My Granddaughter and I went and checked out the minitature Golf Course and it was well manicured. The lake, pools and grounds were very well taken care of. There were even day old biscuits for free for the kids to feed the fish in the lake. It was close to Holiday World, there is a Subway, Holiday Foods, ets. very close. And by the way, for the people who put down the Brick Oven pizza, we ordered one for a Pizza party in our room, and it was great. I asked for extra towels and pillows, I received them with a smile from the friendly staff. WE WILL RETURN TO SANTA'S LODGE FOR OUR NEXT TRIP TO HOLIDAY WORLD!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Family Suite and it was great. With a Family with two small children, it was nice to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a total of 4 adults and 6 kids. We had one standard room and one suite. We used the outdoor pool which was fine. The staff is nice and the it had a country Christmas feel. Our rooms were clean, nothing special. There really is nothing else in town. So we had wished we had brought more food and snacks. Next time we hope to rent a cabin.

Room Tip: If you want a room here to be close to park and pools, then get a suite, it made a big difference a...
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is terrible. The halls look like they haven't been vacuumed in a week and there was mold on the hallway wall. Walked into or room and it was very filthy. Terrible house keeping. We turned around immediately went to the desk and requested a refund. They did refund with little resistance. We then stayed at the Comfort Inn in Ferdinand. Comfort Inn was a little better, but not much. Next time we go to Holiday World we will stay in Bloomington, Evansville, or Louisville area hotels.

Room Tip: Stay in Bloomington, Evansville, or Louisville area hotels if going to Holiday World.
Branson, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The people are very nice which made the stay plesent! Here's what I didn't like but when there not much to choose from this is what you get. I knew we weren't in for Four Seasons accommodations and I was expecting Motel 8 accommodations but I'll stay at the Comfort Inn in Ferdinand if we came back and here's why.
1. The standard room beds are uncomfortable, no wonder there was the upgrade for the pillow top room.
2. There is NO installation for noise barrier from room to room nor the hall! By 6:30 I was awoken by our neighbors upstairs, they weren't being abnoxious just normal morning procedures but there was No barrier. Now to the hall, we heard every person that walked by, don't stay in the hall that leads to the resturant. Last, once the family next to us got ready that was it, no need for the 8am wake up call. A little installation would help.
3. Ever time we needed to eat we left the town of Santa Claus, ie the Lodge, therefore it really didn't make since that we stay there but I didn't know. We just ate there for breakfast in the morning. FYI, you're not going to get much more in Ferdinand but you will have more variety.

As I mentioned, the staff is great and extremely helpful because if they hadn't this would be a1 rating. I can at least say, since this trip was about my daughter, she loved it and that's all that mattered we got the experience of staying in Santa Claus, IN where EVERYTHING is related to Christmas! A little homie but it exist and for a child this is unbelievable to them-:)!

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor at the end where there is less traffic flow!
Edwardsville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Call for reservations and ask how many people the rooms can SLEEP, not accomodate. Two adults and three kids equals Five, correct? The room on-line says it accomodates six. Thinking ther would be a pull out sofa, we arrived to two beds, uncomfortable at that. The friendly staff at the front desk was unresponsive when I asked how you claim to accommodate up to six yet only have beds for four. The do not have rollaway beds either. I have never been to a motel/hotel where the practice is for guests to have to sleep on the floor.

Restaraunt breakfast buffet was edible but overpriced. Three kids with a plate of bacon and a biscuit for $9.99. Rip-off city. Didn't even try dinner after being robbed at breakfast.

Pools were a joke. Had about 5 chairs outside with a big sign saying that if you have had diarehha in the past two weeks, you can't get in. The outside was not pretty or landscaped at all.

The year round decorations in the lobby looked circa 1950's and probably had not been dusted since then either. Mini golf was bad. People filling up huge coolers at the lone ice machine didn't help.

Just becasue it is a stone's throw away from Holiday World does not give the proprietor's of this dump reason to give you the bare minimum of everything. It is a rip-off from the word go. Two years ago we stayed at a motel 20 minutes away with several amenities 100 times better than this place. Go the extra couple of miles and stay in an updated hotel instead of this throwback barn that Santa Claus would be ashamed he is associated with.

Shame on you Santa's Lodge for making our vacation less than desirable.

Room Tip: Make sure you have enough beds or couches for the number of people staying in the room. "Accom...
Northern Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

If you plan to spend more than one day at Holiday world, then this place is worth the money based on location and lack of options. We reserved a family suite that was available early(always a plus). Easy check in, dropped off luggage and went to Holiday World. Room was clean, plenty of towels, refrigerator, beds were comfortable. Nothing fancy, but we hardly spent time in the hotel. As long as you don't expect the Ritz Carlton, you will be happy you stayed here.

Side note, no alcohol sales on Sunday, so bring your own!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Santa's Lodge? Share your experiences!