“Ok for the kiddos” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Santa's Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Claus
Santa's Lodge
You added Santa's Lodge to your Saves list
91 W. Christmas Blvd., Santa Claus, IN 47579   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Claus
Indiana
“Ok for the kiddos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We purchased a vacation weekend through Groupon, which sounded magical with a stay at Santa's Lodge (including breakfast with Santa), visit to Santa's Candy Castle and tour through lighted campground. While we called shortly after another friend of ours did to reserve the rooms, they were able to get a family suite for the same price that we paid for a standard room, which was very small. We had heard that a family that went the weekend before had a bad dinner, but our dinner and breakfast wasn't bad - we didn't get to eat in the restaurant (I'm assuming because of the large # of people who purchased the Groupon package) but it was a traditional Christmas meal that wasn't bad, and buffet breakfast was the same. The pool was packed with kids, and there was a hot tub, and the hotel is decorated with Christmas stuff, but we were not overly impressed. Santa excited the kids! Rooms need updated and bathroom should have been cleaned better, took awhile to check in, but staff all seemed courteous.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Salvisa, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We had a Family Suite and it wasn't too bad. Santa and Mrs. Claus were very nice.
However, the staff was rude and lied to us! We bought a groupon. That included 4 people. I called and was told it would be $21 to to include my 5 year old son in all the activities my other 2 children would be doing. That sounded fair so I agreed. However, when we got there that wasn't the case at all. He wasn't included and when I talked to the hotel they told me the $21 extra was just for him to eat....Really for a 5 year old to eat two buffet meals (that he barely ate). Then we had to pay extra on top of the $21 to let him be included in the other activities. There was no gifts from Santa!!!!!! After we checked in a lady said go around the corner and get a mug.....a plan white mug that says santas lodge..????? Really??? What is a kid going to do with a mug? It could have at least been a Christmas mug...or even an ornament. Heck I would have been happier with a coloring book!!!!! Candy Castle would have been cute if the staff had been nice and happy and had Christmas Spirit. (The Santa there was also nice.) The others (mainly the manager) were grumpy and hateful.

The lights were nice and other then being lied to we enjoyed seeing the other things around the little town.

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

My dad, my brother and I spent the night at this hotel so we could have two days available at Holiday World. We were here because I was part of an annual roller coaster enthusiast event called HoliWood Nights, which were for card carrying coaster enthusiasts only. When we chose a hotel, we chose the one that was the closest to the park.

It's probably the most decked out hotel I've ever spent the night at! The lobby was filled with Christmas and Santa themed decorations, ornaments, and other things of the like. I thought this was pretty interesting and it would have been hard to not take a bunch of photos of it if I wasn't exhausted when I arrived there, and had to rush when I left the next morning!

The rooms were pretty sizable and provided good air conditioning through the night. There are two beds and a television. The bathroom was clean and had two towels and wash towels hanging ready to be used. What I especially liked about our room was the fact that the sink was located outside of the bathroom across from the bathroom door. The beds themselves were comfortable to sleep on and were queen sized.

Unfortunately due to some complications with our budget limits that involved trying not to spend money on another room, and the fact that the hotel didn't have roll-in beds, I had to share a bed with my dad while my brother slept on his own bed. Not a great experience when you wake up on the edge of the bed with a cramp in your left leg because of how you've been trying desperately the night before not to roll off and onto the floor.

This was just a bad experience, and probably the only one. Not really the hotel's fault, but I felt it needed to be told. Other than this, we all liked the hotel.

Room Tip: I don't remember if the hotel did or did not have roll-in beds available, and even if they did...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We do an annual Sister's trip--and like Christmas themes. We chose Santa's Lodge, driving distance was not too far for us and good shopping. Our rates were not bad--our rooms were very clean, fresh and beds comfortable!! Wireless connects worked great!! We didn't attend Breakfast or dinner with Santa but we did have dinner at the restaurant and found the found to be good. Staff was very cordial--we weren't stressed with little kids--maybe that's why our visit was great!!!

Room Tip: Room back by the B entrance were nice and quiet!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

We purchased a groupon for this venue. In the groupon, they painted this wonderful picture of Christmas dinner with Santa, breakfast & cookies & milk. Well, we left before dinner. The room was ok. Not real clean. But not terrible. Most staff wasn't very friendly. Jenna was very helpful, but that was it. We waited in line for over an hour for our "Christmas Dinner" that consisted of hot dogs & BBQ. Buns in bags where people were touching all of them. Disgusting. Then I was promised a refund from the manager Skip Allen, but he would never return any of my calls. I finally talked to the kitchen mgr and he was combative with me about all of these issues. I would definitely not reccommend!!! Stay away from this place!! You could get sick from the food!!

• Stayed December 2011
Marion, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Room was the same price that you would expect out of a hyatt, hilton, or marriot... but the quality was the polar opposite of what you would get from those brands. The bed was horribly uncomfortable, I barely slept. The whole place smells stale. The pools were nice, except they were dirty and they don't enforce rules. There were unsupervised children misbehaving and being dangerous the whole time. There was no option for breakfast other than they're overpriced buffet, and there are almost no restaurants or any type of option for food once you're in the area.

My experience is that it's way more worth it to stay a bit further out and just drive to Holiday World the next morning.

Very dissapointed and felt extremely taken advantage.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Logan, UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Santa's Lodge probably has the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. Helpful and genuinely interested in their guests' comfort. The hotel is nicely located, conveniently close to Holiday World, and the Santa theme fits in well with the community and surroundings. The hot breakfast buffet seemed like a pretty good deal if you are partial to fried, starchy foods, and the biscuits and gravy were delicious.

That said, however, the hotel seriously needs some re-furbishing and updating, inside and out. It was probably clean enough, but the carpets, bedspreads, and other furnishings just have too much age on them and the room just didn't look and smell as "fresh" as we would like. The double queen room was a little on the small side, there was no computer desk, and the wifi connection was slow and unreliable. The bathroom area was tight and crowded and the walls are obviously too thin, as the guy snoring in the room next door made it hard for me to go to sleep.

I would stay here again, but I also hope that the owners/management soon update and freshen up the place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Santa's Lodge? Share your experiences!