“Best experience among all the comfort inns” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushville
Lexington, Kentucky
“Best experience among all the comfort inns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were on our way from Kentucky to Wisconsin and stopped at Rushville to visit an old friend. Being a small town with a few thousand people, we didn't expect anything great to stay at. But what a great surprise this Hotel was for us!!!! Starting from check in-The hotel manager- Devin was at the shift and he was really friendly and helpful, which we really appreciated after a long trip. Being senior citizens, we needed a ground floor and he graciously provided us with a ground floor room, even if they were busy. The room itself was a gem. It had all the amenities needed for a standard hotel. The carpet was very clean and looked new. The bathrooms were spotless and with fresh aroma. Water was sufficiently hot with a great pressure. All the linens were clean and new. Breakfast was continental along with hot food options, which was nice. High speed internet was indeed high speed!! Lot of choices for the TV channels. There are a lot of nice restaurants around, among which we chose to go to Park restaurant- which was as great as explained by the Comfort inn manager.
We couldn't find a single fault at this hotel and it is by far the best comfort inn we have ever stayed at. If you are ever in Rushville or nearby town, this is the place you want to be. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

There aren't too many places to stay when you are in Rushville Indiana and this is the best available. The staff is top notch and really caring. The breakfast is very good when compared to others in its class. The room was clean and appropriately equipped. The microwave and refrigerator with a freezer were really appreciated. The only problem we had were with the beetles that kept showing up in our room (not roaches!) The only thing I can figure is that a ground floor room, which we had, was an easy entry. Other than that, a good value.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I came to the comfort inn in Rushville, Indiana twice, the front desk young who is the relative of the owner was disrespectful, loud, not courteous, I am an older individual he give me a room on the second floor and let me carry my luggage without an elevator or help. They are prejudice against women, special women of age. The food is terrible. The service is terrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed a night at the Comfort Inn in Rushville while in town for an event. The hotel was clean and reasonably priced. There are no extras, but it is a good place to stay for a night or two. All of the staff was helpful and nice. We did not eat the breakfast so cannot comment on that. The coffee in the room was ok, but the lids did not fit the cups.

It is not really a destination hotel anyway, but for a place to stay for a night or two that is clean and comfortable, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were travelling on I 74 and wanted to take rest on the way. Nearest hotel we found was this. Although rushville is a small town, we were glad to find this hotel in there.
Starting from check in to check out everything was great. The price was fair. All the staff we came across with was courteous and ready to help. We had a room with hot tub inside the bathroom. The room was clean with plenty of supplies. Excersize room was small but enough to get the daily workout done. The bed was very comfortable and we slept sound. Morning breakfast included hot stuff with a lot of choices. There were a lot of good restaurants around to choose from at just a walking distance.
We have stayed at the hotels owned by Patel and it has always been a good experience. It was worth the money every bit of it and we will stay here again for sure on our way back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Pros
-250-400kb inet WIFI only
-LCD TV
-Computer desk & chair
-Micro & fridge if you specifically ask in advance AND REMIND THEM SHORTLY BEFORE TO BE SURE. They do not check special comments until check-in day.
-Nice mini fridge with the biggest freezer portion I've ever seen
-Mini chocolate donuts at breakfast which I've only seen 1 other time in my travels (Shoreline Inn)
-Pretty quiet when I was there

Cons
-Microwave was ancient. It had a turntable but it seemed to cook unevenly and at low wattage
-Sink/bath tub partially clogged
-Signs of mediocre house keeping, such as dirt on the walls and towels with yellowish or brownish stains
-As mentioned above the towels are old, hard, and some are clearly stained.
-Fridge was noisy. I pulled a Macgyver and took a dresser shelf out and mostly blocked off the compressor in the back of the fridge to muffle it lol.
-Only processed sausage and scrambled eggs EVERY day as the hot items for breakfast. It never fails to make me feel bloated all day. I stuck with cereal, donuts, and bananas.
-Room size is fairly small
-No elevator. Ask for 1st floor.

Misc:
Thermostat unit looked old but moderately noisy
Bed was the harder firmer style

Overall it was an acceptable hotel. It is still way better than some local crime motel that charges $40 a night to get god knows what customers. Tech-wise I was surprised with this hotel. It is still aged though.

By the way its an interesting town, they have a bunch of lions outside the businesses painted in different ways to reflect the business. Was kinda neat I thought.

Room Tip: Ear plugs for noise and electrical tape to block unwanted lights. Always come expecting the worst.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I paid for a room but did not stay there. We checked into our room, which by the way took about half an hour because the clerk could not figure out how to make the keycard work. By then we did not have time to even put our things in the room because we had to go to a family reunion. So we used the bathroom and left. While at the family reunion, my husband had an accident in which his finger was nearly amputated, so we spent the rest of the evening in the hospital, and got sent to a specialty center in Indianapolis in the middle of the night. I explained the situation to the teenage clerk, hoping she would give us a refund in this unusual situation. She told me "You can go," meaning she gave me permission to go to Indy. Thank you. I asked her to call the manager, she protested but finally did, and he was not any nicer, telling me that it "was not my problem," and that we would still have to pay. Including a $20 pet deposit when the pet did not even enter the front door of the hotel. At no point did either one of them show any degree of empathy.

So I had to pay for this hotel room, plus another hotel room in Indianapolis, which by the way was NOT a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!