“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Rockville

You added Econo Lodge Rockville to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Rockville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1659 East US Hwy 36, Rockville, IN 47872 (Formerly Billie Creek Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rockville
Centerville
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I love Billie Creek Inn! The motel staff are so friendly, and pass on great tips for a place to eat, things to see and what events are going on in the area. We stay here every year. There is almost always a festivals going on as we come through. The motel is a clean, comfortable place to spend a few days. The owners are "on site" and handle request quickly. The motel location is wonderful...in the mornings there is a great road to jog around without worry of traffic. In the evenings, Billie Creek Village is across the road, and we stroll around that. Its the best place to stay in this area!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fishers, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We had to stay here due to a wedding we were attending. No other hotels in the area, we should have just made the 2 hr drive back to Indianapolis instead of staying. The rate was $99.00 a night. Our room was very big but not very clean. We had a pack and play delivered for our 1 year old. It was so amazingly filthy, I cant believe they even gave it to us. I asked for cleaning supplies to clean it as I did not trust them to do so. They instead gave me a new pack and play and it was cleaner. Room had a mildewy smell to it. Room is very dated but it is a "country" inn. We of course did not touch the comforter but out sheets underneath had cigarette burns in them (real nice added touch). Bathroom was acceptably clean, but not much more than that. My wife and I refused to shower there the next morning and we could not checkout soon enough.

One positive note- Although very "country" the ladies at the front desk were very polite and friendly...Not like Marriott friendly but they were nice people and not once were we treated rudely.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Our stay at the Billie Creek Inn was unexpectedly fantastic! The staff took great care of us. Family members who also stayed at the Inn have medical problems, and with the severe heat this summer, we worried about air conditioning and preparing the room ahead of time. They went out of their way to make sure that we were all comfortable, including our room temperatures. The rooms were clean, quiet, and comfortable for our stay. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Be kind to the staff. They work hard to provide a nice stay.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We had a wonderful experience at the Billie Creek Inn. The people were amazingly friendly. Tina, the lady who took our reservation over the phone, actually stopped by our room on the second day just to say hello! She was not onsite when we initially arrived so she wanted to check on us and make sure we were happy. I must report that the first 'non-smoking room' we were given on the 2nd floor did smell very 'smokey'. However, we asked to relocate and were immediately accomodated with a room on the 1st floor. Our new room was clean, smelled fresh and had a very nice 'country' view. This Inn is not a luxury hotel like those found in big cities. It is, however, a friendly place that fits the country quaintness of it's surroundings. We loved the 2 covered bridges within walking distance! In regard to previous posts, I used to travel very extensively for work, and non-smoking rooms that stink of cigarette smoke can be found even in elegant 5-star resorts. It is unfortunate but not everyone abides by the smoking policies. We thoroughly enjoyed Billie Creek Inn and will choose to stay here again on future visits.

Room Tip: During our 100 degree July visit, the first floor rooms were significantly cooler.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

I wanted to add to my post about our stay. The next morning when we got up I had to take a breathing treatment for my asthma by an opened window because the smoke filtered down from the upstairs smoking rooms into our downstairs "non smoking room" had put me into an asthma attack. We attempted to get some breakfast and even though it was early still all that was there were a few stale donuts and some cereal. We went ahead a checked out. While my husband loaded up I voiced my complaint to a very nice lady at the front desk. She told me they gave us the wrong room and that the smoke does filter down into that room. WHY WOULD YOU CALL IT A NON SMOKING ROOM IF THERE WILL BE SMOKE IN IT? She explained that the reason we heard the obscene noises from the room next to us was because it was a hot tub room. ok. She did refund us $25.00 cash. Problem is I have been to the DR twice, have had to get medications and have a horrible cough that I cannot get rid of. These are expenses not covered by our high deductible. I avoid cigarette smoke because I know how it affects me this is why I reserved a nonsmoking room. The bad thing is you shouldn't have to wake up your family to move them to another room during the middle of the night. Nor be able to use the heat because of how it made the smoke worse in the room. This is not a motel for a person who has any kind of breathing problems, just not worth the risk of this kind of a health issue! Please!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Southern Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

It is currently 4:30 am and I am in the Billie Creek Inn. I am highly disappointed! The reviews about the smoke are correct! I have asthma so always ask for a non smoking room. This is suppose to be one but the smell of smoke in here is so bad I have had to use my inhaler through the night several times and am afraid to go to sleep because I don't want to have an asthma attack. Our 1st clue that this was not going to be a good stay was the smoke smell on our way to our room. 2nd clue problems unlocking the door. 3rd clue upon getting inside our room hearing the TV in the room next to us. 4th clue not being able to turn the water on to run a bath for our daughter (who by the way is 8 and didn't want to take a bath because it was dirty and rusty-her words.)5th clue the hot water knob at the sink wouldn't turn on. Ok so if this was a bigger place we probably would have went elsewhere. But here is the best part of the stay, at 2:00am I hear strange sounds from the room next too us. I am not going to tell you about these sounds but please feel free to use your imagination. I also heard bodily functions and the man being told he was gross as well as talking and snoring later. So the walls are extremely thin. Finally around 3:30 it was quit again. I have yet to decide if we are going to try breakfast or just get out for fresh air as soon as possible. I intend to voice my dissatisfaction when we leave not expecting much. But will let you know. Luckily this was not during the covered bridge festival so our rate was 61.00 including tax vs the upped rate of 100 to 200 a night. We will NEVER stay here again! I just pray we can get home without any health problems from this!

• Stayed March 2011
Rensselaer, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

we made reservations about a month in advance and when we got there they had no record of this, but luckily i had my confermation number that the lady at desk recocognized to be there code and found a room for us. now i get the charges on my credit card and they have double billed me and now i get the honers of getting this mess straighted out. dont believe we will stay there again do to poor management..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Rockville? Share your experiences!