“Had the best time at Raccoon Lodge!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raccoon Lakeside Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockville
Raccoon Lakeside Lodge
You added Raccoon Lakeside Lodge to your Saves list
Rte 1 Box 870, Rockville, IN 47872   |
Special Offer
$900 monthly furnished
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Had the best time at Raccoon Lodge!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I planned a camping trip for all my cousins in honor of our cousin getting married and we couldn't be happier with our trip and stay at Raccoon Lodge!! There were 10 of us, so it was hard to find something that worked for all of us, but we all had a weekend to remember here at, Raccoon Lodge. We had to change our plans last minute and were so lucky Raccoon Lodge had an opening. I spoke with Heather on the phone and she was so friendly, helpful, flexible, and accommodating. She, the staff, and the owner Roger went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and fun even staying up late to help us and checking the fuel on the boat so we could take it out for sunrise without any trouble.

My family was new to camping, so this was the perfect blend of experiencing the outdoors without being too out in the bare wilderness. The lodge gives you a wonderful naturey feeling while still being equipped with modern conveniences to ease your stay. My only suggestion is to get some fishing poles for the people to use and this place would be pretty perfect! :) I talked to the owner and he promised to look into it, so I hope the next people that go will be lucky enough to have that! All other things were provided-- cooking supplies and dishes, a gas grill, wood for a campfire. It was very helpful to have those things there already.

The location of this place is AMAZING! right on the lake, beautiful views, I really recommend renting a boat from the lodge and taking it out to see the sunrise or set! With its close proximity to Turkey Run (25 min) and Racoon Lake itself is awesome, this really is the best thing you could ask for in a trip.

Take advantage of all the things that the location and the lodge provides and I guarantee you'll have a trip to remember for a lifetime.

Just call the place if you have questions, they're informative, helpful, and flexible!

-Needa M.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Terre Haute, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I would normally never write a negative review about a place, but there is no excuse for their actions! My family reserved 6 apartments for my father's 60th birthday party. They allowed us to only reserve for one night, even though there was a 3 night minimum, and they promised a 30% discount. Heather, one of the managers or owners, confirmed our reservation by email. She said we would need a deposit, but she was not in a hurry to get it from us and even delayed in telling us how much we needed to pay. She was initially great to deal with, and we were very excited about our celebration of my father's birthday!

Less than 2 weeks before our visit, Roger, the other owner/manager, called and said he needed to change our reservation. He wanted us to either pick another date or stay for more than one night - neither of these options were possible for us. He said that he had someone else wanting to rent two rooms for 3 nights, and that our reservation kept them from getting 3 nights in a row.

He refused to rent the rooms for the discounted price (that had been confirmed by email!), and said that if we wanted to keep our one night reservation, it would be at full price. Roger was so nice and polite when I first called to make the reservation, but his entire personality changed when he had someone else offering him more money for the night we had already reserved.

He even blamed me for it because I hadn't paid a deposit - which, again, Heather had told me she would get from us but wasn't in a hurry to do so. I had spoken to Heather less than four days before Roger had cancelled our reservation, and she promised me that they were still holding the rooms for us.

We have decided to cancel my father's 60th birthday celebration because we are afraid to have any dealings with Roger and Heather. We are concerned that even if we pay full price, he will try to add on charges or claim we broke things after the visit. Based on my dealings with him, I would not feel comfortable trusting him AT ALL!!

I'm sad for my father, but maybe it is a blessing that we didn't end up staying here. Unfortuntaely, we will not be able to find accomodations for a group of our size at the last minute.

I stopped by the Lakeside Lodge to view the rooms we were going to be renting, and I really wasn't that impressed. They are okay, but they do have dingy, old furnishings, and were a little "musty" smelling.

The outside atmosphere is neat and it is right on the lake. However, I would say the place is way over priced, and you are taking a risk by entering into a contract with Roger. They refused to honor our agreement, even though it was in writing and emailed to me by Heather.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
12 Thank Holly R
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Once again, a lovely stay at Raccoon Lake. We stayed in a new unit for us. Brought Gramma along. A nice check in and time to catch up on all the flooding in the area. What a difference from last August. The water level is 23 ft higher than last year.
We bbq'd Saturday night with the family and it's so great to have a grill and all the utencils to cook. Our only comment would be we needed a few more coffee mugs. 2 didn't cut it Sunday morning. But, my hubby is always one to make things happen. Pyrex cup worked fine. Can't wait to come back this late summer when we drop our daughter off to school. We'd like to stay in one of the larger units and maybe one w/ the hot tub.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We arrived during a monsoon. A severe drought, no rain for months and it's pouring. A bit of water in our place, but we dealt with it. Not an issue. Glad we had towels from the resort. The lake is down 8 ft. But, Raccoon Lake has their pier in the water so boats can be tied up. NiCE! Our place is simply simple. Clean, all the utensils we could use, a grill outside which we used alot. Pool is right outside our room. Downside was other guests decided 2 am was a good time to swim and party. Not the resorts fault. Everyone here works so hard< constant cleaning up, tidying, care for the property is clear. Porches, stairways are being painted and maintained. And for those who can't be away from the internet, well, you have access. Hence, I can write this review today. It's a close distance to DePauw. IGA grocery is in Rockville. We will come here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank audChicago_IL
Sheridan, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

My wife and I have been staying at the lodge at least 1 if not 2 weeks each year since '04. We try to go in June and again in September. Only time we have missed is due to extremely high water. We usually stay in #14 with the private dock and they added a brand new hot tub last year.

If you are looking for a 4 star hotel this is not for you. I f you are looking for a very relaxing vacation of fishing, boating, etc. in a comfortable room with very friendly staff this is the place for you.

Some people stated that the rooms are overpriced. To me it's worth every penny. We have a pontoon boat and to be able to just walk down to the dock at sunrise jump in and go is great.

We also always travel with 2 small dogs and they have rooms just for people like us. We have only had a couple of issues while staying there and they were always very quick to resolve them.

If you are not sure if this is the place for you drive over sometime and I'm sure they would be happy to show you around.

Paul and Rhea Zink

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank zinkp1
Avon, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had planned to stay at Lake lodge and made a deposit of $100.00 on Thursday. Monday we had to cancel due to a work schedule conflict. They withheld $50.00 of our deposit for their trouble.....That $50.00 just cost them a few future customers as we had told friends who were also planning a trip as well. No longer looking to vacation with this establishment!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dbbart
Midlothian, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I am a bit taken aback by some of the less than favorable reviews.The rooms were exactly as to be expected for a country lodge. Clean and comfortable, and we had a perfectly wonderful stay. The view was breathtaking, the lake air clean and crisp and the staff was helpful and friendly.
Allison and her family went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant, to the point of making us feel, upon our departure, that we were leaving old friends.
I would definately recommend this place to anyone and hope to be able to return myself.
Miss you Allison and Char! Hope all is well!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family