“Mom's weekend at DePauw and a lovely weekend at RL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raccoon Lakeside Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockville
Raccoon Lakeside Lodge
Rte 1 Box 870, Rockville, IN 47872   |
Chicago, IL
“Mom's weekend at DePauw and a lovely weekend at RL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Once again, a lovely stay at Raccoon Lake. We stayed in a new unit for us. Brought Gramma along. A nice check in and time to catch up on all the flooding in the area. What a difference from last August. The water level is 23 ft higher than last year.
We bbq'd Saturday night with the family and it's so great to have a grill and all the utencils to cook. Our only comment would be we needed a few more coffee mugs. 2 didn't cut it Sunday morning. But, my hubby is always one to make things happen. Pyrex cup worked fine. Can't wait to come back this late summer when we drop our daughter off to school. We'd like to stay in one of the larger units and maybe one w/ the hot tub.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We arrived during a monsoon. A severe drought, no rain for months and it's pouring. A bit of water in our place, but we dealt with it. Not an issue. Glad we had towels from the resort. The lake is down 8 ft. But, Raccoon Lake has their pier in the water so boats can be tied up. NiCE! Our place is simply simple. Clean, all the utensils we could use, a grill outside which we used alot. Pool is right outside our room. Downside was other guests decided 2 am was a good time to swim and party. Not the resorts fault. Everyone here works so hard< constant cleaning up, tidying, care for the property is clear. Porches, stairways are being painted and maintained. And for those who can't be away from the internet, well, you have access. Hence, I can write this review today. It's a close distance to DePauw. IGA grocery is in Rockville. We will come here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sheridan, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

My wife and I have been staying at the lodge at least 1 if not 2 weeks each year since '04. We try to go in June and again in September. Only time we have missed is due to extremely high water. We usually stay in #14 with the private dock and they added a brand new hot tub last year.

If you are looking for a 4 star hotel this is not for you. I f you are looking for a very relaxing vacation of fishing, boating, etc. in a comfortable room with very friendly staff this is the place for you.

Some people stated that the rooms are overpriced. To me it's worth every penny. We have a pontoon boat and to be able to just walk down to the dock at sunrise jump in and go is great.

We also always travel with 2 small dogs and they have rooms just for people like us. We have only had a couple of issues while staying there and they were always very quick to resolve them.

If you are not sure if this is the place for you drive over sometime and I'm sure they would be happy to show you around.

Paul and Rhea Zink

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Avon, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had planned to stay at Lake lodge and made a deposit of $100.00 on Thursday. Monday we had to cancel due to a work schedule conflict. They withheld $50.00 of our deposit for their trouble.....That $50.00 just cost them a few future customers as we had told friends who were also planning a trip as well. No longer looking to vacation with this establishment!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Midlothian, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I am a bit taken aback by some of the less than favorable reviews.The rooms were exactly as to be expected for a country lodge. Clean and comfortable, and we had a perfectly wonderful stay. The view was breathtaking, the lake air clean and crisp and the staff was helpful and friendly.
Allison and her family went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant, to the point of making us feel, upon our departure, that we were leaving old friends.
I would definately recommend this place to anyone and hope to be able to return myself.
Miss you Allison and Char! Hope all is well!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

The place is older and not fancy but clean. It's in a great location--right on the lake. Being a duplex, the people upstairs managed to make enough noise all night to keep some of us awake--that was with an air conditioner and three dehumidifiers going. The outside is not as clean or maintained as the inside. We would go back, so I guess that's says that we were happy enough with it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Hebron, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

My family and I, meaning my parents and my family, have been going to this lodge for many years. We go there to fish and enjoy the amazing view of the lake. The fishing is excellent here! My 2 little girls look forward to going here to catch fish. But, it was getting to the point that we were about to stop going because it was getting so run down. Not anymore!!! They have done so many improvements. They fixed the docks, which was a big issue for me having 2 younger children. They've done a lot of maintence repairs that have been neglected over the years. In just one year! The room we were in had new appliances and plenty of cookware. The bedding was in great shape. I can't believe the difference just one year has made. We just got back from our annual trip and the kids are already asking to go back!

Allison (the new manager) goes above and beyond and they make you feel so welcome. If you have an issue, they solve it right away. They are all very friendly and helpful. They truly care about your stay with them.

A little story for those who want to hear it from this trip to show you the type of people they are. My little girls found a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest. Allison and Pam stopped cleaning a room. They tried calling someone who takes in abandoned birds. When they could not reach them, they went and got a ladder and put the baby bird back in the nest, hoping the mother would come back. The whole time they did this, they praised my girls for saving the life of the bird, because if they hadn't seen the bird, it would surely have died. Of course my girls constantly checkes to see if the "Mama Bird" came back, and she did!!! They are truly special people and I can't thank them enough for everything that they did for us on our trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Raccoon Lakeside Lodge? Share your experiences!