“Overnight stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   289 McDonald Dr., Rochester, IN 46975-8029 (Formerly Comfort Inn Rochester)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
“Overnight stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Last night, my husband & I stayed at this Comfort Inn. As I entered the lobby, the clerk let me know it would be just a minute. When she was able to help me she asked if I was Shanna. She had all of my paperwork ready & was very friendly throughout the check in process. It was a pleasure to deal with Jill ☺. Our room had a king size bed with jacuzzi tub and a recliner. The bed was extremely comfortable & the room was very clean and smelled clean. There were water stains on the wall & we could tell repairs had been made to the ceiling. For a small town hotel for an overnight stay I would recommend this hotel. Renovations throughout the hotel (especially to the workout facility & water stains) could bring the ratings up.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Louisville, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights arriving late one evening. The air conditioning in my room was not operating upon arrival and there was a terrible musty smell - I noticed water trickling down the wall in the room coming from the room upstairs. The hotel was booked and there was not another room to move to - yes, I did ask at nearly midnight. The staff tried hard to be helpful, and I give kudos to the maintenance pro, but even after the weekend rush left, no one offered to move me, or correct the black mold spots on the wall. I will say it was relatively quiet, the staff was friendly, and the bed was comfortable, but that was about it. There are great people at the hotel, but it needs repairs. I'll keep on driving next time, or find other options elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Rochester hotels

Huron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've been here a few times and it doesn't get any worse but it could use a a bit of updating here and there.

Friendly staff, comfortable beds are the highlights. I had a quiet night's rest. Definitely seems priced high given the accommodations and location.

Given the choices, I'll be back again when coming through this area. Recommended as the best of what's around.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

For a small town it met my needs. The staff were very friendly and the continental breakfast exceeded my expectations. The biscuits and gravy along with their cinammon waffle station surprised me. As for my room, the bed was comfortable and spacious. The bathtub had some fixtures that needed to be replaced, but overall it didn't affect my stay. The location is in the middle of everything so if you need to make a run over to Walmart for anything, it's right next door. The next time I'm in Rochester I would stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bear Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were very happy..could use some updates bit beds were comfortable..was clean and quiet... Breakfast was great.Waffle's,,sausage,eggs, cereal, yogurt... Etc. Had a lot to pick from. For the price we are more than happy!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

in its price category, it is a good hotel, although its obvious that it needs some maintenance and reparations. Mainly bath area looked like its getting old.
But room was clean. Bed comfortable, Cable TV,, AC quiet.
2 Things I couldnt get used to. The window couldnt be open, so the whole time you are running on AC air. Second thing was a certain, light, hotel smell. Wasnt bad, but not something I can consider as normal.
Stuff was very friendly and helpful with anything needed. I personally valuate good food recommendation [not a fast food] in such a small town like Rochester.
Hotel is surrounded by different shops, so one can buy daily stuff easily.
Breakfast is typical for US. Cookies, pancakes, eggs, joghurt, fruits, toasts.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here for a few days: room was comfortable although the hot breakfast was a bit repetitive with mini burgers and eggs each morning. The staff are outstanding here, helpful courteous and super friendly, whatever they are paid - it's not enough. Would recommend for a pit-stop if you are passing through and need a room for the night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TMoore2013, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank You for takeing time to fill out our survey. Your feedback helps us to understand and correct areas that we need to improve in. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and the staff also thanks you for the Compliments. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!