“Diner” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Rochester, Indiana
“Diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Tweedlee D's Diner is about the only sit down restaurant in town for breakfast, if you don't count the fast food places and the coffee shop. I'm talking bacon and eggs kinda food. I've eaten here on several occasions and for breakfast, lunch, dinner and ordered carry out. Their specialty is broasted chicken, it is on both their lunch and dinner buffets. The broasted chicken is good, slightly pricey, but for me it is close to the house so I don't mind, Just be mindful they need about 20 minutes to make it fresh. Just last week my daughter and I had breakfast here, I ordered the chicken fried chicken breakfast and for her I ordered the Mickey Mouse Breakfast and a scrambled egg. The breakfast consisted of pancake shaped like the mouse, sausage link, and a slice of bacon. This was quite a bit of food for my toddler, and she couldn't eat it all. She was pretty excited and knew right away what the pancake was in the shape of. My meal was good, eggs just a bit under cooked, I prefer over medium, and it's always a roll of the dice as to what I will actually get over easy/over hard, that is anywhere not just here. Truthfully I have never had a bad meal here. The decor is a 50's style diner, neon, juke box, Elvis and Coke Memorabilia everywhere. It's a nice small town diner. I don't know if they have any connection to it but there is a replica of Tow Mater from the movie Cars in the lawn next to this place, my daughter has to see it once a week. I see people stopping by and taking pictures with their kids all the time, it's easy to access.

• Visited October 2013