“Step Back in Time” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Rochester, Indiana
“Step Back in Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This place is a gem. They have a glass cabinet with antique items which is neat to look at. The "ice-cream social" room is very cool and fits partys. This is my favorite place to stop for pie and old fashioned sodas. They have Green-Rivers, Suicides and my favorite Marshmellow Cokes. The service is good, but I am not there are amazing service or to be entertained. They do have a lunch counter which is retro and fun to sit with the kids.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rochester
“Too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have lived here in Rochester for twenty years and have only been here a handful of times. The food is good but the prices are way out of line for anyone trying to eat affordably. there are much better deals at other local restaurants. Both times I have ordered carryout my order has been wrong. The tenderloin sandwich is very good but also expensive.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nappanee, Indiana
“Overrated and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Food was good but certainly nothing special. Very expensive for what you get. I know a lot of people love this place, but I can only imagine that is because of tradition rather than an individual decision to eat here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
mrs.rose@cox.net
“Best down-home meals! Takes me back to my childhood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Best item on the menu, hands-down is their tenderloin sandwich. We used to go every Sunday when I was a child. Now when I go back to Indiana for a visit I make time to visit the Streamliner for my fix. Still family owned and ran and still have familiar faces like Deb! She's the best!

In fact, last visit I took 1 dozen frozen tenderloins home with me and shipped them on dry ice. That's how good they are! Service is top notch also and best bang for your buck.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family restaurant with overpriced food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nice booth style family restaurant with a great selection, but too expensive for my family to return.

• Visited March 2014