“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Pennsylvania, Usa
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

On a recent road trip, our hotel desk recommended Galo's Italian Grill for dinner. It was terrific. The atmosphere of the restaurant reminded me of a courtyard in Italy, with stars and clouds painted on the ceiling. The food we had was outstanding, and compared well to our favorite Italian restaurants. The prices were reasonable for the size and quality of the entrees and the wine list was affordable. The location was on a side street across from a shopping area. It was easy to find and offered plenty of free parking. We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Larkspur, CA
“Not bad, but not great either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I took my daughter and her boyfriend to Galo's. Had no idea this restaurant existed, despite having visited the town 3 or 4 times prior. Guess it's because it's not onthe main drag (National Road). We went to Galo's for a late lunch, and experienced great service. Very nice waitress and manager. The place was nicely decorated, and not too noisy, but then again there was only one other couple in the place. But I mean not noisy in that they didn't have cheesy music playing. The food was really so-so. I had a bowl of cream of asparagus soup that was very nice, and a Cesar's salad that was without any flavor. Bland lettuce, bland dressing. My daughter had a too-rich Lobster Bisque (soup) and a horrible Tilapia plate, that she sent back and had a salad on the house. Nice thing is that they didn't charge her for the fish. The boyfriend had veal pasta dish that he really liked, but hey, that boy will eat anything! The price was very good...$30 for the three of us, but I would not return. The service and price were good, but the food was just not spot on.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

This is a fine Italian restaurant in a beautiful building. It's off of East Main Street and a little hard to find but motel desk clerks can give directions. The landscaping and building give an excellent first impression. Our waitress, Tekeyla, yes that is her name, was most pleasant and made our meal more enjoyable. Prices are very reasonable. The atmosphere is casual but formal in a way too. My only negative comment on the food is the serving size, big enough to feed two people. The acoustics make it somewhate of a noisy place. Some Italian music or a piano player would make this an outstanding place for an enjoyable evening of great food and socializing with family and friends.

Indiana
“A Nice Place To Eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

We have been eating at Galo's since the day it has open. My husband's favorite is the pizza. I like the Pasta Milano. I have notice changes since they open. The dish meals aren't as large as they used to be. It seems like they have cut a 1/3 out of your dish and they have really cut the meat in them. Now my husbands pizza seemed to have not change one bit. Of course when I ordered a pizza once there was hardly any toppings but yet my husbands seems to be "loaded". So I never get pizza. Of course prices hasn't went down with the dish sizes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Horrible, rude server ruined this for us”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

The food was quite good, but the service was the worst I have ever had. We had to repeatedly ask for our drinks to be delivered, the glasses then sat empty, and when the waiter did finally refill the glasses, he spilled tea all over the table and just left it there. Classy........

He also seemed to make a point of showing that he was much too busy to be wasting his time treating us with any courtesy or politeness. The elderly couple we were with were treated with a complete lack of respect as he rushed them to hurry up and order and basically not bother him any more than absolutely necessary. He just stopped short of rolling eyes as he grunted,"yeah, yeah, ok, ok" to speed them up as they dared to take more than 5 seconds to order.

The food was good, but we didn't get soup or salad with our entrees as stated in the menu, and we surely didn't want to ask our waiter about the omission. So, although the food was good, the horrible, rude, discourteous treatment by the waiter makes it a foregone conclusion that I will never return here and would never recommend it.