“Very clean. Great option when in Richmond” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates starting at $99
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Richmond
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very clean. Great option when in Richmond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Quiet, clean, relatively new. I'd highly recommend as the best choice available in Richmond.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

Stayed at the Hampton Inn getting there very late 2 am after having run over something on the road that tore apart the bottom of our car. The desk clerk Stephanie was so helpful telling us of a place that would service it on Sunday. That said the hotel is very new and clean. The rooms were very well furnished and the beds comfortable. The down side was the noise as one could hear the people talking next door in our room. The noise from the hall reverberated loudly with the morning bustle. We got to breakfast late 9:55 and were told they had to tear down the buffet at 10 so we were given 5 minutes to get our food which really was enough to grab stuff and put on a table. The staff did say she felt bad but management told them it had to be down at 10 which is fine but can say the Hampton Inn in New Orleans doesn't rush people. The location is right off of 70 and the town was interesting to drive through.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — noise in the mornng
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

I generally like Hampton Inns for the free Internet access, free parking, and free breakfast, and this one did not dissapoint in that regard, but there were some problems.

First, I do have to say that the staff was friendly and welcoming and the rooms were clean and the beds were quite comfortable. But, although it is located a bit removed from the main highway, if you are a light sleeper, as I am, you will probably wake up from the train passing by during the night. I woke up twice from that. I thought it was an airplane, actually, and didn't figure it out until the following day when I heard the train and looked outside to figure out what that noise was. Maybe you can request a room on the other side...

The other problem for light sleepers is that from our room (#204) on the second floor, you can hear noisy goings-on in the room above it. This started at 6:15 am and I thought either a baseball little league team was getting ready or a family with a bossy mother and many children. The strangest noise was the continual turning on and off of a faucet (I think) that went on for about 40 minutes, each time making horrible pipe noise for me in the room below. (At first I thought it was the room next door, but when I got up around 6:45 to investigate--I saw I couldn't hear from the hallway--only from inside my room.) Finally around 7 AM I called down to the front desk to ask if there was a way for them to call into the room to silence these people--or at least silence the water on and off problem. They told me that the group was checking out soon, so they did nothing, and eventually I was able to sleep another hour, because I guess they left. Anyway, the point is that I guess if I ever came back here I would ask for the top floor--and away from the train tracks!

One other thing that bothered me is that in previous Hampton Inns I have been given a room with a fridge and microwave and this one did not have either.

If you have kids, there is a cute Putt-Putt course across the road that looked like a fun activity for little ones. Also, the Visitor Center that tells you about the Old National Road is across the highway and very helpful to let you know what to do in the area. For those interested in history, about 10 miles away there is an original house from the Underground Railroad days, called Levi Coffin House and it is totally worth a visit. A lot of Amish live in that area and there is a wonderful fresh food market near that museum.

• Liked — comfy bed
  • Disliked — noise through walls
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Noblesville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

My family stayed at this hotel while in town for a wedding. For being a Hampton Inn off the interstate (geared mostly toward business I would assume), I was extremely impressed. We stayed on the 4th floor in a non-smoking King room. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was great (large walk-in shower). My only complaint would be the water pressure. And another nice thing was that the room had an actual thermostat on the wall that controlled the ac/heating unit by the window, rather than just having to manually turn the fan on an unknown temperature. I was up very early in the morning to attend wedding events and the breakfast was already out. A very nice array of breads, cereals, juices, etc. My Mother came to meet my husband that morning, since he had to leave early to for wedding events also. She watched our 5 month old son and got him ready for the 11:00 check-out time. Everything was a piece of cake. Next time we need to stay in Richmond, we are definitely staying at the Hampton! Nice, clean and very impressive!

• Liked — The quality of the room
  • Disliked — Lack of water pressure
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

Stayed in the queen suite room, it was excellent. The room was large and very clean. Would highly recommend this hotel to others. Staff was friendly and helpful

• Liked — The large room
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

After driving for 13 hours, we finally came upon this Hampton Inn and
stopped. I had hoped for a suite that had a front room with sleep sofa separate from the bedroom to accomodate our family of 5..two of them teen boys. But what they had available was a studio suite and it was wonderful! I was so pleasantly surprised. Huge room with lots of space so we weren't falling all over each other. After 13 hours of
driving for the second day in a row, we needed a little space and to relax and get a good nights sleep. The beds were amazing!!! I don't know what kind of mattresses and pillows they have but it was like sleeping on a cloud! And the comforters were so beautiful, unlike other comforters I've seen in hotels. The front desk clerk was so helpful and quickly got us registered so we could go to bed(it was after 11 pm when we found this hotel) We all overslept and just barely made it for the 11 am checkout. The price was very reasonable and was an excellent bargain for the cleanliness and comfort of the room. I was super impressed with the tile floors in the bathroom area
and with the fact that they had Kleenex tissues, instead of pieces of
wood that most hotels have for tissues. We would definately recommend
this hotel!!

• Liked — the beds and pillows!!!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

On a drive from Jersey to Missouri, we needed to stop overnight around Huber Heights, Ohio. All the hotels around there were full because of a convention in Dayton, so we continued on to Richmond. I wanted to try this hotel first based on the other reviews on this site, and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is new, and although a lot of people were staying there, judging from the parking lot, it was quiet. The location is nice because although it's convenient to the highway, it's not right next to it and it a little quieter. There are some nearby restaurants, and in-room internet access is free. We started our next morning's drive well-rested after eating the hotel's free breakfast (cereal, waffles, muffins, sausage, fruit, etc--but no eggs, in case you're looking for those). If I have to do this long drive again, I'll plan on stopping here again.

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike--suited our purposes just fine
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond? Share your experiences!