“Will stay again despite...” 4 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Richmond
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3020 E Main St, Richmond, IN 47374   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Richmond
Norfolk, Virginia
“Will stay again despite...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Based on reviews from this site, I expected nothing edible for breakfast. That was true, except the milk was cold and fresh for my tea. The coffee was horrible (I was told by 3) and the pastries were doorstop hard.

HOWEVER, I didn't go for the breakfast; I went for the price and cleanliness. It was clean enough --a bit of mold in a notions basket, but the desk clerk took care of it and when we returned next morning it and the shower curtain had been replaced. Then it was as clean as a 4-star (and I've been in many). The staff were all very nice.

I'd rather not waste my money on hotels when I travel. I love to travel and all I really want is a clean, comfortable, room where everything works. This Knights Inn fit the bill. Since our newest grandchild lives nearby in Ohio, this will be our hotel of choice in the future, although we have stayed at several others nearby in Richmond, both better and far worse.

Thank you, Knights Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here rather than other places because of the reviews. It sounded like a clean serviceable motel that might have problem rooms so we were on the alert for them. Our room was clean and fine. The Wi-Fi worked, the refrigerator was fine; we didn't use the microwave. Shower was good and hot water was plentiful. So, the things we look for -- clean, safe, comfortable bed -- all were there. And when we drove in we saw "breakfast" on the marquee so we thought that breakfast had been ramped up from prior reviews. Oh, were we wrong! There is no way that was breakfast. There were stale doughnuts and cookies, bread and two kinds of cereal. We'd bought bananas a day earlier and ate them with a cup of coffee. So, the motel is a suitable place to stay, but don't plan on there being breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the back of the property so you're not near the street. Also, you might wan...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Crawfordville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Thr room smelled of urine, we were given another room, it smelled of urine n were told that's the difference of air from FL to IN. Actually removed the sheets n found fresh urine on mattress cover, asked the maid to change n she searched for the urine as if I were lying,. You can write clean me in the dust. I washed the air conditioner filter and vents, they were both black. Beds cozy, I've stayed numerous times but will never again. I've never found the staff to be friendly. The pool was not open. Breakfast, ha ha, stale. And there was a possible murder, def a dead body and a fight from the room a couple nights before. Beware, this part of Richmond is dangerous, we used to live near here so we know.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel, we aren't picky, we just like a clean room, and a safe neighborhood...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Farmington, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Don't believe all of the 4 and 5 stars reviews...those individuals must be used to sleeping in their car if they thought this place deserved that great of a review. I will admit that that the room was quite clean and much better than the place looked from the outside. On the downside (way down) was the front desk service. English was definitely not the individual's first language and possibly not even his second or third. To start with we had booked three nights and he had us booked for only two. I had booked it through Wyndham and had the confirmation with me but he refused to look at it. Actually, he showed me a piece of paper that showed that we had booked it through some travel agency in Long Beach, CA. He did manage to change us to three nights and then complained that we had got a discount when we booked and it came right out of his pocket (at least that is what we think that he said). The only vending machine was ice and pop...no candy or chips. Forget the pool, it appears to have been closed for years. The place was supposed to offer a free breakfast but once we finally found it in a room, not the front desk area, we skipped it. The only reason that I gave it three stars was because it was clean. All in all, I would suggest avoiding this hotel as there are many more in Richmond and they are even closer to the Interstate.

Room Tip: Flip a coin.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is exactly what I look for in a motel - a quiet clean room with a comfortable bed at a very reasonable price. Knights Inn of Richmond delivers. Wi-Fi worked great. My only complaint was the "breakfast" that was provided. Stale donuts and coffee served in a converted motel room.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
burns
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We found this late, due the time change and found the place friendly, clean and inviting. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet. The Wi-Fi worked great along with the television. The shower was not very strong but acceptable. The breakfast was a very light continental hone.

Room Tip: We were fortunate to get one on the first floor which was very convienent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Took a chance, based on previous reviews, and was very satisfied. It was nice and quiet, even though a little close to the road. The room was small to average, but very clean and equipped with mini-fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. Furnishings were older, but the bed was comfy and the a/c kept it cool. Wifi was good but we were pretty close to the office. Don't be put off by the outside - the building is nicely painted but the stairs are still a bit shabby. It's within walking distance to Arby's and a frozen custard place, and a very short drive to a shopping mall, grocery stores & tons of restaurants. Which is good, because breakfast was pretty skimpy: 2 kinds of cereal, muffins, donuts and a pot of regular coffee. Even so, the price was great - we paid about $55, and it was good value.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!