“high end and unpretentious” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Dessert, French, Indian, Bistro, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Website is more for the chocolate shop in another Indiana town but in Richmond, IN, there is a bistro/dessert shop that is amazing!!!
Wilmington, North Carolina
“high end and unpretentious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Delicious dinner in a very cool location. Our server was attentive and authentic, and our food was excellent. Often this level of quality is accompanied by pretensions that some customers want like constant checking of wine levels and slightly stitled/stuffy behavior on the part of staff. Our water was refilled, but we poured our own wine, just the way we like it, and our waitress was friendly and funny. Steak and pasta dishes were perfectly cooked and dessert was, of course, exceptional. If i lived here, I'd be a regular.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Hometown restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have taken friends/family to this restaurant when we are home. Very nice, located in an old warehouse building. The food is very good, on the higher side but worth it.Only been there for lunch. Will go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus, Ohio
“Good Food at a Moderate Price--Expensive Desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We used AAA to find this place as we were looing for something that wasn't a chain. The description of a French bistro appealed to us, and we were not disappointed. This place is in the old rail district near the train station in what looks like an old warehouse. The neighborhood looks a little spotty as you are driving up, but there are some nice Victorian era homes nearby. Make sure you are on the right road, as not all of the roads cross the railroad tracks (10th does not). The menu was not extensive--mostly snadwiches, creaps, soups, salads and the like. The cost was moderate. There is also a showcase with desserts and chocolates from their nearby factory. These are really beautiful--but are fairly pricy (4 candies for about $10). My wife got a chicken curry wrap (in naan) while I had a chicken pot pie. Both were excellent. Good service too. We will definately consider coming here again as we go through Richmond on our way to Indy fairly often. If we get dessert next time, we will probably split an item, due to the cost. They do appear to have a small wine selection, though we did not choose that.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Indiana
“A choclatier in lil'old Richmond!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I often go here for lunch after I get my haircut up on the second floor at Art of Hair. The lunch service and food are top notch but its better known for its desserts. Gyslain's is a premier chocolatier. While the desserts may seem a little pricy they are worth every penny and every calorie. Some are so pretty that people have trouble taking the first bite

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“Not as good as last time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was the second time my sister and I visited Ghyslain. We really enjoyed our visit last fall and couldn't wait to go back. My sister got the Crepe Fermiere and I got the Crepe Mistral, which is the same thing I got last time. I also ordered a piece of salmon as an extra side. The salmon was quite good as the was the tomato stack. I hadn't tried my crepe yet but my sister took all the sauce off hers as she thought it was too thick. I figured she wasn't used to that kind of food, until I took a bite of mine. The sauce was much, much stronger/thicker than last time and I ended up taking it off mine too!! I loved it last fall! Now I wish I would have ordered something else.
Service was very good and of course the gelato and chocolates are outstanding. I can't speak if they have their gelato freezer "right" as we took it back and put it in our hotel's freezer. We would go back but will be trying other items next time.

• Visited April 2014