“Desperately needs quality decision-making level” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bizz Tamanna Hotel

You added Bizz Tamanna Hotel to your Saves list
Bizz Tamanna Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot No. P-10 | MIDC, Phase-1, Hinjewadi 411057, India (Formerly Tamanna Residency, Hinjawadi)   |
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Hinjewadi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Desperately needs quality decision-making level”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is going to be a long review, but, then so was my stay- over one month. During my business stay I got to experience a lot of the hotel and I would like to share some of it so it helps you handle your stay.

When I got there in the first week of August the hotel was under repair, probably and existing building renovated.

I was put in room at the end of the hallway with widow on the road-side, but, as it had no cell connection and wifi connection I was moved to the door opposite which had window to the rear of the hotel overlooking Infosys Phase-I. The phone (Vodafone) connection now showed a couple of bars but never went full. The wifi connection despite repeated complaints and even calling the front desk person to my room never worked and finally I had to use my phone 3G with roaming blowing a big hole in my pocket. For us in IT quality complimentary wifi is one of the most important features in selecting a hotel and as I pointed out, all it required just adding another router at the end of the hallway or extending the wire and moving the existing one, but, nothing was done.

The fresh paint smell was nauseating, but, they could not find another room even though the hotel was far from full and when I thought of keeping the window open I discovered to my dismay that there was a building with some heavy equipment behind the hotel where something which sounded like generators or transformers raise quite a ruckus. Thankfully the rear window was well insulated when locked, but, it was difficult to stay and I left window open when I went to office and I ceased to notice the strong paint smell after a week.

The package by my company included complimentary drop and pickup to office and breakfast. On the first day I had a rude shock when despite officially saying that the breakfast time was from 7 am, nothing was ready! All through my stay I had to call and ask if breakfast was ready and I never got it before 7.20. At this time too I had to personally get to the restaurant and push for things to be prepared, brought out and served. Another shocker was when I was told that the drop would not be available at 8.00 am I needed.

Again I had to huff and puff talk to my office, some local person when finally they relented. This when considering the fact that through most part of my stay another person also used the same route and timing yet it was struggle. The first instinct by hotel was to say no which is a most undesirable attribute in service industry.

The room and the hotel is newly done in the IKEA-sque straight-line, pastel color northern-European design which has become the mode for hotels these days.It gives an efficient, sanitary and organised feel, but, looks mass produced and lacks warmth. The quality of furniture, furnishings and fittings are good enough for the price of the room they charge.

Once, the hotel did not have water and employed a taker to deliver water from some dubious source and muddy water was found in my jug of water! I was shocked to see that drinking water kept in the room was from taps and not filtered. I called up room service and they went and got the jug refilled from their sister hotel nearby! As you can see in the attached picture of the hand-towel the concentration of dirt in tap water in the sick. Thereafter, I started taking a bottle to office to fill it up and bring to my room for drinking.

There is a single person in-charge of desk and quite has his hands full managing the whole hotel. The person is there the whole day but not at night. For a week during my stay there was a corporate party staying on my floor. Members of this group would get drunk and create a horrible ruckus. When I called-up the desk to complain there was no one who could speak English and no night security to control the out-of-control guests. Finally, I had to jam towel and sheets under my door to drown out the hullabaloo a little. It was a psychological help only though. Also, there was no attempt to stop (they seem to have cameras but to no avail) smokers smoking in hallways. It was the worst 5 days of my stay.

The hotel has a restaurant and a decent menu given the fact that patrons of their restaurant "Talk About" are meager when compared to their flagship restaurant at Phase-I circle. I had breakfast and dinner every single day at the hotel which shows that the restaurant is one of the good features and I plan to write a separate review for the same given my long and consistent patronage of it.

The staff is courteous and the boys try to do their best in their circumstances e.g. when the driver bailed on one day they quickly arranged an alternate travel mode. Also, the driver who dropped and picked me up was always on time once he saw that I was a stickler for time and was eager in service.

The root of all problems seemed to lie in the fact that was no second level of management or escalation other than the front-desk. For any decision making which was beyond their pay-grade or which required action on part of decision making management there seemed to be no one. In an industry where customer delight is bedrock of business this type of approach and come-if-you-need attitude would lead to loss of repeat business.

I hope future patrons have a more pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tamannahotels, Owner at Bizz Tamanna Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Greetings from Tamanna Hotels Pune

At the outset, we thank you very much for staying at Bizz Tamanna Hotel for more than a month and for sparing your valuable time to give us the genuine feedback of our services.

Tamanna Residency is now Bizz Tamanna Hotel after completing 100% renovation.

Due to 100% occupancy of the hotel, the net connectivity went slow for 15 days during the evening session only. We have identified the area and up graded the net connectivity by 2 MBPS to give better services to our guests during the 100% occupancy too. As suggested by you, we have also added the Additional Router for better connectivity to the rooms.

The Hotel has to undertake timely maintenance, painting and repair work during the course of operations to give better services to our guests without causing inconvenience to our guests. We regret the inconvenience caused to you due to fresh paint smell and we will ensure to use the odorless paint in future.

Our objective is very clear to serve you hot food for breakfast. Our breakfast timing is between 7.00 AM and 10AM.

Our official timing for Complimentary pick up and Drop from hotel to Office within Hinjewadi on daily basis from 8AM to 10PM and Guests have to inform Front Desk half an hour in advance for Complimentary Pick up/Drop. We have also now made a point to write this information in our welcome letter.

We have Corporation Water/potable water for bathing too. Being located in the MIDC area, MIDC(Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation) supplies us the water to our Hotel. From the whole of Hinjewadi, Only two hotels are located in MIDC area including Tamanna Hotels enjoying the potable Corporation water from MIDC. We did face problems for 1 day from MIDC due to heavy rains and major maintenance work and we then supplied Packed Drinking Water to all our Guests on that day. We lodged the serious complaint to MIDC and MIDC got it rectified on the next day itself. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

To make our Hotel viable and offer the best tariff to our guests, we have to optimize the manpower. All staff of Tamanna Hotels working hard, sincere and honest to give their best to satisfy our Guests.

As suggested by you, We are happy to inform you that we have written the matrix of second and top level of Management in the Room Service Folder for any escalation of the services rendered by us and to provide the best of services to our guests.

Tamanna Hotels will strive to give the best of services to all our guests always. 30% of our total guests stayed more than 7 days and 60% of guests are repetitive at Tamanna Hotels. Tamanna Hotels always give the best of services, hygiene and quality food , in-house laundry, wi-fi and Pick up and Drop from Hotel to Office within Hinjewadi complimentary. Conditions Apply.

Thank you once again for writing your feedback and I am sure you will experience a different level of services when you visit Bizz Tamanna Hotel next time. Please be in touch with our Senior Management: Vijay Shetty, Senior Manager(F & B and Accommodations) or Sadanand Shetty, Vice President of the Hotel for any services from our Hotel.

Please do visit us again to experience a Memorable stay at Bizz Tamanna Hotel, Hinjewadi, Pune.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was at Bizz Tamanna for a month during July-Aug 2013. Must say that the hotel offers excellent service. Staff is courteous enough to attend to your concern all the time. They do offer pick up and drop service to your work place which is definitely an add-on. Never had any complaints about anything. Be it housekeeping, restaurant or the front office, service was up to the mark from each of these departments. Would prefer to stay here again on my next business trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tamannahotels, Guest Relations Manager at Bizz Tamanna Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Greetings from Tamanna Hotels Pune

At the outset, we thank you for staying at Bizz Tamanna Hotel, Hinjewadi, Pune and sparing your valuable time to write about us.

We will assure you that we will keep up our services up to your expectation and look forward to serving you always,
Kolkata
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Cold welcome.The washroom in room stinks all the time, however the decor is decent. the staff have poor understanding and are callous, despite repetitive instructions I never got the pick up n drop @ my client office on time. On top of that I was insisted to walk down in rain from client's location in the evening as they had no vehicle or driver for pick up.without checking they ask you to pay for the fridge item which you have not consumed and get into argument.Food ordered will be delivered only after an hour....extremely disappointing stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tamannahotels, Public Relations Manager at Bizz Tamanna Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for writing your feedback. At the outset, we regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at Bizz Tamanna Hotel, Hinjewadi Pune. Bizz Tamanna Hotel always strive to give the best services to all our Guests. We would like to inform you that your room was booked by your company with NO COMPLIMENTARY pick up and drop from our Hotel to your Office.

Bizz Tamanna is known as one of the best hotels in Hinjewadi located in the heart of Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park, catering to Corporate Guests for cleanliness, hygiene and safety. Our priority is hygiene, cleanliness and safety. Though we are a 33 rooms property, we have our own in-house Laundry to give a comfortable quality sleep to our guests. We will definitely find solutions to your suggestions/complaints to give the best services to our Guests always. Do visit us again, we will ensure that you will experience a best stay at our Hotel.
Chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am very satisfied with the stay. The rooms were decent and food was good.
Service was really good. I fell sick during the stay but the service team and GM took great care. It has an efficient travel desk also. The cost is nominal and strategically located to cater people visiting Rajiv gandhi IT park. By far my best stay in Pune.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Thank you for your appreciation. It is our duty to take care of our guests always during their stay. We will definitely maintain our service standards to the expectation of our guests.

We look forward to your visit at Bizz Tamanna Hotel always.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I came back to Tamanna after a gap of 6 months and it is now renovated. New interiors are pretty good, rooms are pretty spacious & gives grand feeling, linens are clean, bathrooms are little small but hygiene is maintained. The dressing area is too small and it's pretty dim (though they have provided lights) so ladies may not like there is no space to move in the dressing area and wardrobe.

Staff is very helpful and courteous and they take good care, tea/coffee makes is available in the rooms.
So overall it's nice place to stay..

Room Tip: Rooms on east side will have lots of natural light but give a barren view of electricity supply towe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We thank you for your feedback and appreciation. During the renovation stage, our guests were very kind to our efforts. We have already completed the renovation with Multi Cuisine Restaurant, Conference and Party Halls, GYM and luxurious rooms. Experience a great stay at Bizz Tamanna Hotel always

We look forward to your visit at Bizz Tamanna Hotel, Hinjewadi, Pune at all times.
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I had my son's 1st Birthday on 17 June 2012 and it was managed very well by Sadanand Shetty, Vijay and all other staff. Food quality was outstanding. Service provided by the staff was unbelievably.

All my family members cannot forget the experience they had with the hotel.

Room Tip: You would not get better deal anywhere else in that area
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tamannahotels, Owner at Bizz Tamanna Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Greetings from Bizz Tamanna Hotel Hinjewadi Pune

Thank you for appreciation of our services of our staff. Tamanna Residency is now called Bizz Tamanna Hotel. We have renovated our Hotel completely with Well decorated Rooms, Multi Cuisine Talk About Restaurant and Bar and Party Hall.

We are always at your service at Bizz Tamanna Hotel, Pune.

With best wishes
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

not so good hotel. they don't have a restaurant food comes from nearby Tamanna Executive hotel but the person who carries good brings it in a shabby manner, like a roadside boy, covering the thali with a flimsy cover thereby expolsing food to dust and germs. cable connection is poor (I stayed here 3 times earlier, it kis still the same). rooms are small.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
tamanna, Public Relations Manager at Bizz Tamanna Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback. We have now already started an in-house Restaurant named Talk About Multi Cuisine Restaurant from 1st January, 2012. We will meet all your expectation during next visit to our hotel. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Been to Bizz Tamanna Hotel? Share your experiences!