“Fantastic place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Princeton
east coast
“Fantastic place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

I travel 365 days a year. I stay at a lot of hotel, this is by far the best overall hotel I stay.The staff is very professional,the hotel is clean,the amenities are great. location is very good close to reaturants and shopping of all kinds. I give this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

This hotel is the nicest Hampton I've stayed in between Indianapolis and Nashville. My room was very clean and I was told the hotel was completely remodeled in late 2008. New manager came on board around the same time, and the staff is friendly and accomodating. Two new computers in business center, no waiting to check email. Nice stay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
peaches037
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

I am on an outside job, I am working the overnight shift. Therefore I rest during the day. This hotel only has cleaning service during the day. That is ridiculas!! The other guys who work for my company are staying at a motel at a cheaper rate and have been accommodated by having their rooms cleaned when there gone. For the money I pay this hotel they should clean my room, when I need it to be cleaned. I have been staying at this hotel now for three weeks.

These hotels are constantly calling big business's asking them to have their employee's/clients stay at their hotels and this is the type of service they get. It is bad enough I am away from my wife and children for long periods of time; don’t you think I deserve to come back to a clean room? They have ignored my complaint and kept my room a mess for three weeks. Now that my wife had called the corporate office and complained, my room has been cleaned. I don’t have the time to hang on the phone complaining to management. I asked management politely to clean my room. But, I guess being polite does not mean anything anymore.

Stayed February 2008
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

I have stayed at this Hampton each December for the past 5 years, and each time I've found the hotel to be clean and the staff helpful and professional. The breakfast is first-rate. It lives up to the name "Hampton".

• Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

This is a terrible hotel. It is old and had a bad smell. The rooms were not clean. There was a blood stain on my comforter! There was so much hair under the sheet you could see it through the sheet. The mangement said that they are going to re-model this fall. I sure hope so. The lady at the front desk did change my comforter when I complained but there is no excuse for that condition.

• Liked — It was close to were I had to be
  • Disliked — The rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

The hotel was lovely, relatively new, very clean and bright. The staff was very friendly and the free breakfast was good. I love Hampton Inn's new bedding. The duvet and cover eliminate that filthy bedspread and blanket in other hotels. We were in Indiana to attend a wedding in a town about 25 miles away, but I like Hampton Inn so we stayed in Princeton. When we saw where everyone else was staying we knew we'd made the right choice! I will travel out of my way to stay at a Hampton Inn any day.

• Liked — cleanliness, appearance, bedding
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

The Hampton Inn is relatively new and very well maintained. For $80 it was a very clean, spacious and well equipped room. Hotels on Route 1 are plentiful and discounts are available through Priceline, Hotwire and hotel websites. It is about as far away from Princeton as one can be and still have a hotel listed as "Princeton". When traffic backs up on Route 1, the drive to Princeton can be miserable.

We booked the Hampton Inn using the AARP rate on the Hotel Website. The breakfast was awful, but for the price one can't complain. Most Route 1 hotels list for around the $129 mark. The Hampton Inn is listed as a 2 star, but far nicer and better kept than the Prestige , a 3 star next door. With Hotwire or Priceline a similar hotel can be had for the price, but booking throught the Hampton Inn website offers far more flexibility. Our flight was canceled and we were stuck in Chicago for the night. Had I have booked my "discount" through Hotwire, I would have been stuck.

• Liked — The room was very spacious, clean and well kept
  • Disliked — The linens and pillows , the location and the YuKKY Breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Princeton? Share your experiences!