“A diamond in the Princeton rough” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Billings, Montana
“A diamond in the Princeton rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Atmosphere:
A real nice Mom and Pop place. Wood floors, art on the walls, chalk board specials. If you have been elsewhere in Princeton you will realize quickly how unique this place is to the town.

Food:
I wasn't real impressed with the portabello, rice, alfredo special I had, but from looking at the other specials and the menu, it won't keep me from coming back.

Drinks:
Beer and wine is served. There are two pages dedicated to the beer and wine. The beer is all craft/microbrew. They even had a "Septemberfest", their version of Octoberfest. Which I was unable to make it to, but I saw that they were going to have 19 Octoberfest beers to try.

Service:
Very friendly and knowledgeable server. She knew the food menu as well as the beer menu.

Price:
I felt that the price was reasonable.

Conclusion:
I will be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

USA
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were not impressed. Spinach salad was mostly spinach. We were told the hummus was made in house but I have my doubts. Where in the world do you go order a hamburger & pay extra for pickle? The Peanut Butter Slider came straight from refrigeration hard as a rock & the chocolate filling was bland. Needless to say one bite was taken from the dessert. We were surprised the server did not question why only one small bite was taken. Is the dessert okay? Would you like something else? We felt the value for the quality of the food was way off target.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
EVANSVILLE
“Fresh and tasty...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our food was fresh and tasty, using local products where possible. Meals were individually prepared, not served from a steam table. If you are into "organic," this is the place for you. And if you are interested even more in tasting good food like i am, this is really the place for you.

On the main square in Princeton, the building is quirkily decorated outside, and is comfortably rustic inside. It was fun to look around while waiting for our food to be freshly prepared.

My only complaint was that they were out of the chocolate cake I wanted...another table got the last piece! Should have eaten dessert first.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Unique in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants I have ever tried. All of the food is fresh and organic when possible. I had a Cajun meatloaf that was out of this world and unlike any I have ever had. Sarah, the owner, is creative as an artist and it translates into her cooking.

The decor is very rustic and reflects Sarah's art background. The restroom door is a sliding barn door.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“What a gem in a small midwestern town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stumbled onto this restaurant while antique shopping in Princeton, IN. It is located across the street from the courthouse on Broadway. We were quite surprised when we learned all the food in the restaurant came from local farmers. The food was fresh and very well prepared. I had a spinach salad which was deliciously fresh. Another had the toasted cheese with an over-easy egg; and the bread was freshly made in the restaurant. The chipotle potato salad was excellent. As you can expect the menu is small but you will for sure be able to find something you like. Plus, there are specials everyday. The Sunday brunch menu looked fantastic; I can only imagine what the french toast tastes like made with that home baked bread. My only regret about this restaurant is that it is in Princeton, In; and we live in Texas; otherwise I know I would be there at least once a week. It is so refreshing to see a restaurant like this be successful; serving locally grown and raised food. If you live in Princeton then consider yourself lucky; if you live within driving distance - make the drive and enjoy the best fresh food ever. I know when I go back to Indiana it will be on my list.

• Visited August 2013