“Redeemed” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Restaurant is inside Bass Pro Shop
Chicago
“Redeemed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We took the kids to Bass pro shop and after walking around decided to eat. The wait was 40 min and as we walked by we saw all of these open booths so I was irritated. I ordered the fish chips to be safe and it was good. But the kids' pizza was terrible! It looked like an inflated square with sauce drizzled over it and a few pieces of cheese. Of course the kids barely touched it. I wasn't going to say anything because I was so irritated that I couldn't say something without sounding rude. But she asked me about the pizza and we told her how we felt. She was very nice about it and a few minutes later a manager came over, apologized and comped the kids' pizzas. I was so shocked by this amazing customer service.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Valparaiso, Indiana
“Delicious Food, Insanely Slow Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Every time I've gone it's been the same: an incredibly long wait for food, a food server that's a bit cranky and delicious food. If you have 2 hours to kill for some reason, you could do worse. I would recommend going to Longhorn nearby. They are fast and delicious.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portage, Indiana
“OKAY FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We love Bass Pro Shop and sometimes maybe once a month or so we go see the fish in the huge aquarium behind the Islamorada Fish Company Bar. The ambiance is terrific and probably fine for date night. The Key Lime Pie Desert is awesome. The bread is good too. The St. Louis style ribs are okay. Islamorada hasn't been on our radar screen for some time now. We used to go more often. We enjoy Longhorn Steakhouse better I guess!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portage, Indiana
“Good for Portage Indiana”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The food at Islamorada is decent. There is not much to eat at in Portage, so worth the trip if your in town. The grilled shrimp and scallops is always good. Served with vegetables over rice. The wood roasted chicken looks good. They have 2 small rooms (10-12 people) for small meetings or special occasions.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque, NM
“Grilled Seafood Seasoning Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stopped at the Bass Pro Shop in Portage, IN and enjoyed a mid-week dinner with my wife. We chose the grilled seafood entrees. I had the walleye, she had the grouper; we both chose the "lightly seasoned" option rather than blackened or garlic - both of which we do not like
The order arrived in less than 10 minutes and was well presented and cooked perfectly. However, we were both disappointed in the seasoning - it looked and tasted like "Lawry's seasoned salt". We would order the grilled seafood unseasoned next time and salt/pepper it to taste. The "corn on the cob" vegetable option was exceptional - very sweet and not mushy.
The waitress was very friendly and familiar with the menu options.

• Visited July 2013