“Family Notre Dame game great...Hotel stay horrible.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Plymouth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Seymour, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Really was torn between rating this average or very good so we will call it average plus.
Stayed there on a Notre Dame football weekend so all we were interested in was a place to crash after a late arrival, get some sleep and get on the way to campus in the morning.
Check in was easy and the desk person was friendly.
The room had a lot of "battle damage" cracks in the bathroom tiles, toilet was cracked and chipped, doors and furniture had plenty of chips and dings.
We didn't care, the room had all we needed, a good clean bed, a working TV and a clean bathroom.
Towels and bedding were clean and fresh and the room did not have a musty or stale smell. Room also contained a small fridge and microwave.
Did not try the breakfast since there is a nice family resturant just steps away.
Would stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jay0384, Manager at Days Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Preventive maintenance and on going upgrades are always a must at our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed you stay at the Days Inn. Also thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to see you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night and found it be very quiet. The mattress was very comfortable.
The only thing we found was the carpet was a little old and dingy. The rest of the furnishings were
clean and orderly. I would stay here again. Location to restaurants and Hwy 30 was great. For the money
you can't beat it.,

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs and it was really large and extra quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jay0384, General Manager at Days Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for the candid feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and welcome you to come and visit again!
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I will start off by posting that there were various items that could keep this from being a 'great stay', however, the overall accommodations allowed for my fiance' and I to have a nice stay while in Plymouth despite some lousy weather.

Booking the hotel was fantastic.
Initially when I called no rooms were available. The woman on the phone was nice enough to speak with me for some time and even give me recommendations and her insight into other hotels in the area. Ultimately I ended up calling back a few days later to see if any rooms had become available and they did. A new 'friendly' woman on the phone informed me that the Manager's go and call those that booked well in advance to see if they still planned on keeping their reservations. Evidentally, someone did not .. so a double opened up. Not ideal for my fiance' and I to have a double .... but it did allow for us to stay in a clean facility while in Plymouth.. which was all we really wanted.

The Inn also offers free breakfast... which was a tad above basic.. but none-the-less really nice and it seemed to have a country charm to it for some reason.

The only thing I didnt care for was the thin ceilings as the person above us was making allot of noise. The hotel also had some people that stood on their balconies all night. I think that allot of the people that were there while I was there with my fiance' were there for a wedding so the hanging on the front stoop with other family members drinking beers while it rained was not 'too' unexpected.

Again.. I really liked the hotel and would have given it a 5 stars if we got a room with 1 bed (king) instead of 2 twins; but this was my fault in booking too late evidentially... and if the walls were a little better sound proofed... the noise woke me up on various occasions while staying there.

One thing I must point out is that the staff here is stellar. I would take nothing away from anything relating to any sort of service the staff can offer.. from cleanliness to helpfulness they are the best.

I'd stay again for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor... no one stomping above you!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had three couples stay two nights in mid October. We all had king beds. Very comfortable, rooms were clean, no outside noise. Centraly located to downtown and the golf course we played at for two days. Breakfast was OK for one day. Went out to breakfast the mext day. Great value!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

If you are looking for a good bargain this may be it. It is an older motel, but has been redone and is very clean. Rooms have a small fridge and microwave. The site is quiet, near food and a grocery store. This is an economy motel, no spa, pool etc. They do have a computer in the front office for printing boarding passes etc.

Front desk person went out of his way to help me with directions back to Chicago, including making some copies from a map so I could take them with me

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!