“We tried the new location, about a mile east of the Krogers” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Plainfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Plainfield, IN
“We tried the new location, about a mile east of the Krogers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I tried the new El Meson location last night, across from Walmart. This location has been a lot of different restaurants in the last 20 years, so we were skeptical but curious. We shared a double order of steak & chicken fajitas and it was a great choice. It tasted great and was more than enough for both of us..
Down side of the visit was my wife thought the restaurant smelled musty but I didn't notice. Worth trying again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Plainfield, Indiana
“Great Mexican Cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Always good food, fast service, excellent atmosphere and a great value! The portions are huge. I recommend sharing meals here unless you like to take some home. The wait times during evening hours on the weekend are never too long as we have had to wait 10 minutes tops. El Meson is one of the best Mexican Restaurants I have been to.

Visited December 2012
Plainfield, Indiana, United States
“Weekly visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I meet another couple here every Sunday evening. This place is great if you like authentic Mexican food that doesn't cost a lot and has great, friendly service. We now know most waiters by name and they bring our drinks without even asking what we want because they know us that well.

Visited November 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went to El Meson on a busy friday night a couple of weekends ago. Although there were about 4 other parties in the waiting area when we arrived we were still seated within 10 minutes. The atmosphere is family friendly and vibrant. Our waiter was very punctual, attentive, and professional. The prices were average but the food was outstanding. I ordered a chimichaga and my wife ordered a buritto. Both entrees were delicious and the food was served quickly. I will definitely be making a second trip to El Meson !

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newburgh, Indiana
“Good food at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Good food & drinks at a very fair price & very good service. Will go back the next time were in Indy.

Visited August 2012