“Cheap hotel but not comfy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Plainfield

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Plainfield to your Saves list
Quality Inn Plainfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6105 Cambridge Way, Plainfield, IN 46168 (Formerly AmeriHost)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Plainfield
Bloomington, Indiana
“Cheap hotel but not comfy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I guess the saying you get what you paid for. I stayed 3 days here. The rooms were nice, but under the furniture it hasn't be swept, the house keeper doesn't speak english, and the beds are hard as a rock. I was told the pool was heated but then front office lady said, well it may be heated or not it comes and goes with the heat. Hot tub was out of order. There was hardly no hot water in bathroom sink, showers sucked need a new shower head. Worst night was Saturday night, someone parked their truck containing 4 sheep outside the windows. I complained to management at 2 times at night. His reply was sorry but I am glad I am not in your room. He said we are pet friendly, and we don't collect car information. Due to race weekend and state fair none of other hotels were available. Oh breakfast only coffee and donuts. no OJ, no fruit or hot tea, no coffee makers in the room either.

Room Tip: Paying more money a night would be better than paying a cheap fee.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We came here for our daughters 12th birthday because it had an indoor pool and hot tub. She loves the pool and we like the hot tub (it could have stronger jets in the hot tub but it is still nice). The counter people are really nice and said they was sorry it was an older tub and the setting work on there own. I love the pool area it is really pretty. The rooms are clean and nice to, lots of room to move around. Only thing I saw that they could improve on is the outside of the wondows need cleaned badly, other than that it WAS GREAT MOTEL FOR THE PRICE.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
anderson, in
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

they said the indoor pool was heated and the spa too. me, my spouse and friend checked in and had to get our key reprogrammed twice then we said, please give us a closer room to the pool." the lady at the desk said "you don't want to go to the pool" I thought she was joking. It was cold. the heat for the pool had been turned off or broken. She claimed it was broken but other people and kids had just gotten done. the spa was filthy like a child had pooped in it. and the pool had broken tiles all around it and there was mold on it. Sad because the room it is in is NICE! What the heck! Then when we got out after we were told the pool could not be fixed til the following week, we got out of the water and headed back to the room where we packed everything up. We hadn't been there for 40 minutes. I called the lobby and asked if we could have a discount for our stay since the amenity we had checked in for was not in working order. I was told they could not give me a discount. then I asked if I could have a refund and I would just get a different hotel. Why waist money staying at a place for the pool when I live an hour away and could have just gone home for a bed. I was told no. then I got a call from the front desk. man said, we can give you all but 15 bucks of it back cuz we still have to clean the room. REALLY? we didn't even sleep in it or use it but I ended up getting us packed up and receiving most of my money back but I guess I had to pay for the 20 minutes I tried to SWIM in the polar bear club???? never again! And their 'fitness center' is A treadmill. We checked out and went to a motel 8. it cost less for more comfort even though they didnt have a pool. so i lost my money anyway because I could have just gone home but I was too tired by then.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
lyla1969
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

I was unsatisfied with my trip at this particular Motel 6! Several things throughout a two week stay finally made us switch to another hotel near by. First thing, when checking in hotel room was not clean, so I re cleaned everything including tubs, sinks and toilet, grime in tub as well as pee on toilet base! Besides this the hotel staff was very sarcastic and on more than one occasion I was made to feel like not a guest but rather a child at a daycare center. I even had one male employee ask me how long I would be out for the day and if I needed 2 extra pillows because "did our heads need to be elevated at night?" kinda strange....then I had the owner tell me that I had to let housekeeping in to change my sheets one day, even though I clean my room myself and had recently changed the sheets as well. I have never stayed in a hotel where they told me what I was going to do, normally I don't have housekeeping as I travel with alot of personal things and don't particularly like housekeeping in my room while I'm away. So think twice before staying here, there are much nicer options nearby!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2007

First let me start and say that I normally do not do this type of thing and like to handle it with hotel directly.

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Plainfield Indiana, and will never stay at another Motel 6 after this experience. It was Indy 500 weekend and all the hotels rooms are at least doubled, But this Motel 6 was still pretty reasonable. I also booked a hot tub suite, thinking that yes it s a Motel 6, but the hot tub suite would have to be one of the best rooms in the hotel. Boy was I wrong, first the AC did not work, there were dead bugs around the hot tub, there was feces in one of the chairs, there was a couch in the room, that when you sat in it, it basically went to the floor. I had to slide the mattress out to get to one of the electric plug ins, and there was cigrarret butt alone with alot of other filth, there was also cigarette burns in the comforter in a NON smoking room. It started to rain and the roof leaked. OK I did complain to the hotel about the AC and the roof, and they did offer me another room, on the 2nd day after they realized theg could not get the AC working, but by then a cold front had moved through and it was not that bad in the room.
Like I said, I normally handle this with the hotel directly and called the customer service rep, and after 2 weeks, I get an email, saying this "Due to the motel 6 standard, we do not offer any amenities in the rooms".. I replied with this Your letter says they do not offer any "amenities", so a guest of Motel 6 should be OK with dead bugs around the hot tub, AC not working, cigarette butts behind the bed of a non smoking room, cigarette burns on comforter, and feces on a chair? and have not heard another word from them. SO like I said, I will not stay in another Motel 6 if this is there take on my experience.

Stayed May 2007
indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

this is a decent hotel, but the clientel is sometimes unsatisfied because of the recent switch from amerihost to motel 6. apparently the previous owners let a lot of [--] slide when it came to partying and unruly guests. that's not the case anymore. the new owner is trying to reform the property and make it the best motel 6 available. there is a clean pool and hot tub, a mini-exercise room, friendly staff, and clean rooms. i think people are often misled into thinking that this particular hotel has amenities that it does not because of sites like this one, and the fact that the plainfield location was formerly an amerihost inn. Motel 6 is primarily for travelers with a budget. Afterall, the name Motel 6 originates from the fact that when they first opened for business, the cost for one night's stay was only $6. With the rise in prices on everything, Motel 6 had to conform, or they would no longer be in business. Bring your own shampoo, set your alarm on your cell phone, and stop at McDonald's in the morning, and you will enjoy your stay at Motel 6. The price is cheaper because you don't get your biscuits and gravy in the morning, and most of the front desk clerks are also the ones that get suckered into folding your laundry (towels & sheets) while you're here. So, if you think they're being rude, they're probably just tired from doing two jobs, getting paid for just one, and still having to kiss your ass if you're not happy. They cut corners so you don't have to pay more than a hundred bucks a night. If you want to be pampered, go to the Hilton. If you just need a comfy bed and a friendly face, you'll be happy at Motel 6.

• Liked — The staff was helpful and friendly
  • Disliked — Some of the guests staying at the same time were rude and ungreatful
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2004

I would not recommend staying at this hotel. It was very dated and not overly clean. To welcome you they have a lobby with torn furniture. My room was very dated, the bed had a weird smell, the walls had stains on them, lamp shade was torn and there was an iron but no ironing board. Their continental breakfast was fine but the area was not very clean and needed to be attended too. Unfortunately, I was a guest with a group of people for several days and was unable to voice my opinion. There are many new hotels in this same area that looked really nice. I will try one of them next time.

Been to Quality Inn Plainfield? Share your experiences!