“Friendly staff - good place for flying out of IND” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
The Woodlands, Texas
“Friendly staff - good place for flying out of IND”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed here to catch a flight out of Indianapolis airport (IND) early the next morning. They have a free shuttle (mini van) to and from the airport which is three minutes away. The van is shared with the next door LaQuinta and can be over in two minutes if not making a run. In other words, they try to have the van waiting for you five minutes prior to your requested time if not taking other guests at the same time. Five star in this reguard.

Our checkin was around 7PM and quick. The room was clean (nothing fancy but did have a LCD TV). Overall, we were satisfied with our stay, but I think the staff being friendly helped me to not be bothered too much by all of the following:

Reservation was for three, and we had to ask for towels for a third person in the room - extra towels provided quickly when front desk was notified (the laundry for the hotel is right behind the front desk).
Hallway carpet had a faint odor.
Door to outside had a key entry but you could just open the door at both 7 PM and 9PM
Room door had two locks, but the flip over one did not prevent me from opening the door from the outside when I used my key.
The whirlpool tub was fairly clean (but when I filled it and started the jets, some "lint" came out and we started over with the filling (about ten minutes) - good quantities of hot water and good shower head.
One more issue with whirlpool tub was it appears the motor would overheat and shut off, then after ten minutes run again for about five minutes.
The empty room next door had the alarm set for 5 AM and beeped from 5 AM to 6 AM loud enough to cause my son to think it was the one in our room.
The plumbing did make some noise from higher floors (I think the venting is not preventing the pipes from "knocking").

I could not rate the food since it started at 6 AM and that is when we took the van to the airport.

Lots of Resturants nearby (McDonalds is next door) and in walking distance as well as a Speedway 24 hour convience store across the street for drinks, snacks, and Krispe Creme Donuts.

Small swimming pool, but adequate for kids on vacation.

Overall, it is worth staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Clean, fresh comfort at a good price sums up my stay. The rooms were graciously appointed and the bed comfortable.

The breakfast was typical the addition of cheesy sausage biscuits and apple fritters

I will return

• Stayed November 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I arrived at the Comfort Inn at 11:00 pm after being referred there due to my original hotel being double booked and confirming a room at the Comfort Inn for me. The original hotel covered my bill so they handled the situation very satisfactorily as well. upon my arrivel the room that was reserved for me was found to be left dirty due a day guest renting it. Once I informed Abby of this she immedietely went to work to find me another room with no luck and once the night shift staff (Joe) showed up she went right down and cleaned my room for me so that I could have a place to sleep, and she did a very good job on this. Due to the National FFA convention there were no other rooms available for at least 40 miles. Thank you Abby. I am the CEO of a small businesss that employs approximately 200 people and people like you are the type of employees I strive to handle. you, your family, fellow employees and friends should all be proud of you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
englewood fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here so we could access St Frances Hospital in Mooresville. Why no motels in Mooresville, dunno.
Got in after dark and any number of characters hanging around the lobby door and front of building. Not comforting at all.Later found out this is where the smokers go including the front desk staff who should be on duty! Very TACKY APPEARANCE AND MANAGEMENT SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Room was ok and bed was comfortable. The Pillows were about 16"x16", tiny for the king size bed and not comfortable at all.They can do better.!

THE REMOTE DIDNT WORK, THEY REPLACED IT, IT DIDNT WORK EITHER. DIDNT NEED TV ANYWAY.

OVERALL A GOOD VALUE IF YOU CAN PUT UP WITH ITS SHORTCOMINGS. Management needs to step up!

Room Tip: Room 101 has a whirlpool tub, a plus!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marshall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Recently stayed here 4 nights on business and could not have been any better! Despite the bad reviews, I found the room to be clean-every day, the breakfast was good, the front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Despite the planes coming in overhead, slept soundly all night long! Get back in Plainfield, will definitely be here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Carmel, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed herethe night of June 23, 2012 prior to a flight out the next morning. We were on a park and fly reservation. The hotel was great in every respect including the great and prompt delivery to the airport and the pick up on our return. The staff personel were kind and gracious

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My daughter and I came to Indy for the Fastpitch World Series. We checked in with the friendly front desk clerk. We walked in to our first room and it smelled damp and moldy. Because of my bad allergy to mold, I went to the front desk and asked for another room. The clerk allowed me to 'preview' another room before moving. Second room smelled ok, so we moved all of our things into the new room.
We left and came back. While I was getting ready for bed, I stepped in something wet between the bed and window. There was standing water under the carpet under the AC unit. I went down to the front desk again. The clerk allowed me to 'preview' two other rooms, but both reeked of smoke even though they have been cleaned and turned into nonsmoking rooms. I decided to stay in the room we had. Needless to say, it's now 3 am and I cannot sleep due to my allergy attack to something in the room. I have already booked a room in another hotel for the duration of our stay.
Overall, the hotel is run down. Don't use the elevator unless absolutely necessary. Going up, it makes a terrible noise and starts shaking. All five rooms I looked at were not very clean and all but the one we're in smells lolled either smoke or mold.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Comfort Inn Indianapolis Airport- Plainfield? Share your experiences!