“Warm and welcoming” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Columbus IN, United States
“Warm and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a wonderful place to take up residency when there is inclement weather. It is close to the highway and multiple eateries. The accomodations are clean and very comfortable. The staff are polite, courteous and cheerful. Make you feel as if you are family or a long time friend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnPlainfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-SW/Plainfield, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Jane S... thank you so much for your kind words. It has always been our goal to make every guest feel right at home here at Hampton Inn Indianapolis SW/Plainfield, IN. Thank you for letting us know how we are doing in that regard. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return! Have a wonderful day!! Thank you again.

Brandy Dixon-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
paris, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This hotel was exceptional including comparison with it's peers. Offering a wide selection of tv channels and quit rooms was a benefit not all Hamptons offer. this hampton is located just outside of the airport. I will start using this more since i have to travel via air, but have to drive 100 miles to get to the airport. this will make my life easier. we will also use this as a family when we go to indy for recreation.....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We heart you too Paul S!!! :) Thank you so much for taking the time to say good things about us on TripAdvisor. We know so many people trust TripAdvisor for all their traveling needs and it's great to know we are doing what we set out to do, and that's make people love us! We look forward to having you back. Have a wonderful day and thank you so much again for the positive feedback!

Terre Haute, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

On a business trip and had to catch an early flight out of Indianapolis International Airport. Stayed over night so I would not have an hour drive to the airport. Good location for the Hotel, 15 minutes away from Airport. Easy to find location for the hotel. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and I had not one issue when I stayed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bill B... we are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience here. We are very thankful that you took the time to post your positive review here on Trip Advisor and look forward to having you again! Thank you so much for your input. We value our guests' feedback! Have a fantastic week.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I needed a room for just one night near IND. Finding this Hampton was like finding a hidden gem. The hotel was clean and well kept. The staff was polite, helpful and most important, just acted like they cared. Great job folks at Plainfield Hampton. I plan to make this place a regular stop when traveling in and out of Indy.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Whammie787- We DO care! And thank you so much for noticing and taking the time out of what I'm sure is a busy schedule to give us positive feedback. We appreciate you! We look forward to having you back soon! Have a fantastic day!

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed at this Hampton Inn just off of I-70 in Plainfield for business. Plainfield is just a few miles south of the Indianapolis airport and easy to get to. The hotel was typical Hampton - clean, up to date, good breakfast, friendly staff. There are several restaurants nearby, many within walking distance. I was only there for the night, so did not leave the hotel.

Do not hesitate to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shelbyville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My DH and I stayed one night before our vacation and one night after, leaving our car at the hotel and using their shuttle service to the airport. We reserved a King jacuzzi suite both nights and found the room a bit small for a suite, but very nice with everything we needed. It was clean and quiet and comfortable. We actually stayed in the same room both nights. We found the desk clerks upon check in very nice and accommodating. The free coffee and tea available 24 hours in the lobby was really nice and the breakfasts were tastey with a good selection.
The only hiccup was the desk clerk in the mornings when checking out. The first morning I was trying to use their computers in the business room and went out to ask the clerk if I needed a password...she kind of jumped on me and told me I just needed to use my room key. I had already used my room key to get into the business room and she seemed very annoyed with me for bothering her. I finally just went back and figured out how to log into their computers without her help. Then on the 2nd morning when we were checking out, the front desk clerk was ordering her lunch on the phone and just kind of waived us away when I asked for a receipt. She said I would have to go online and get my receipt. I told her that I received a receipt on our first visit a week ago and then she finally printed a receipt for us. The odd part about both of these incidents is that no one else was around at the time, so I'm not sure why I was treated like a bother. These 2 incidents left a less than favorable opinion, but the stay was just fine otherwise. I'm not sure I would return to this hotel again or not. Customer service is important to me and a cavalier attitude is just not acceptable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnPlainfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-SW/Plainfield, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for writing to let us know how we are doing. I cannot always be here and it's very important to me to know how we are doing overall. I do sincerely apologize for the cavalier attitude displayed by our front desk team member. That should never happen, regardless of any excuse. I would love to talk more with you about the incident so that I may pinpoint which staff member this may have been, so that we can have some training... and I haven't figured out your name. If you have some time that is convenient for you, I would be happy to discuss this with you further. I would like to review the tapes to find out what's happening with our lack of guest service. Thank you so much for the opportunity! You can reach me at the hotel most of the time during the day, or email is great too. 317-839-9993, brandy.dixon@hilton.com. I am most interested in when you stayed, check in and out dates and your name, and I can figure out more from there. Thanks again! We appreciate your business, and hope that we can regain your loyalty to us and the Hilton Family of Brands.

Brandy Dixon
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at this property for one night last week, We chose it based on prior reviews, and found it every bit as good as suggested, if not better. Upon checking in, I was asked the reason for our visit. I explained why we were there, and the desk clerk acknowledged it. He then did something totally unexpected, very nice, and very much appreciated. He most certainly did not have to.

The room was excellent, the bathroom clean, and the facility very quiet at night. The breakfast buffet was well above average, offering a wide variety that would offer at least something to almost everyone.

The Wi-Fi was complimentary and efficient.

Again, we were guests for only one night, but I would have no reservations about returning in the future, or recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis-SW/Plainfield? Share your experiences!