“great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Plainfield
Saint Paul, Indiana, United States
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Upon arrival, the young man at the desk was cheerful, friendly and very efficient. We were upgraded to a whirlpool suite, which was a nice surprise. Staff at checkout were equally pleasant and friendly. The room was very spacious, with a king size bed, desk and chair, and a chair with footstool, a bench/suitcase stand, big TV, coffee maker, and a closet to hang clothes including a chest of drawers.. The furniture looked fairly new, it was clean and in good shape, so no problem. Bathroom was spacious with a huge countertop. Whirlpool tub was also very large. had a GREAT time in that with my wife ;-) Everything was very clean. Beds and pillows were very comfortable . Breakfast was pretty darn good too, for a free buffet, and the breakfast area was clean and bright. Food area was kept very neat, so overall good marks for that. I would stay here again for an enjoyable, relaxing stop.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your review and for being our guest! We're delighted you were able to have a nice relaxing stay and enjoy one of our Jacuzzi suites. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

For starters it took 20 minutes to check in because they somehow could not find both rooms, then had to move rooms around for us.Somehow without telling us they upgraded one of our rooms to a King Suite for the same price which was nice of them. I was not upset about this though because I have worked Front desk second shift before. What happened next thought I could not understand...this is when I started getting really upset. AFTER my dad paid for both rooms and got the keys... they they told him the pool was closing at 7 for maintenance, it was almost 6 before we got checked in! This should have been told to us before checking in! Especially when there were two small children with us in the lobby! That irritated me beyond belief as all my girls had wanted was to go swimming that day. But I tried to get over it figuring they are little and wore out from the zoo so it would be okay. But then we get back from the pool give girls showers and get ready to pull out the couch bed....I had no sheets at all for the bed. I had extra pillows and a blanket but no sheets! Yuck. Luckily my parents room was upgraded because I was able to take the sheets from their room and put them on the girls mattress. So we get up at 8 which is early considering we had made a 4 hour drive and spent the previous day at the zoo...we were wore out. We all got ready and packed up our things and headed downstairs for breakfast. Most hotels I have stayed at have breakfast till at least 9:30. We got downstairs at 9:10 and the entire breakfast area was shutdown. Needless to say for the price we paid for these rooms I was very upset with this stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cassandra, I am so sorry you had such a poor experience! From the details of your review, it appears that your feedback was meant for another location. If you would please call 317-839-9000 and ask for myself or Jennifer Swanson, we would like to assist you in verifing that the proper party receives your feedback. If it does turn out that your stay was at our location, again we would like to extend our apologies and would still like to discuss your stay with you. Thank you, have a wonderful day!
Findlay, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel on several occassions for work. The front desk staff has always been friendly. They have a lot of park and fly guest so the breakfast was open earlier than your typical HIE. It was nice to be able to have a light breakfast prior to heading to the airport for an early flight.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the Hotel are opposite of the Interstate thus a little less road noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Jim, thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words and are pleased you were able to enjoy our early breakfast selection before heading to the airport. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Carbondale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My first full day here at the HIE/Plainfield I couldn't find a newspaper to read during breakfast around 8:30am. When I arrived back that evening still no paper and I asked at the front desk if they received them today. The very polite young man said they had arrived. Since I am platinum with Priority Club they said I should have received one at my door. I thought I was out of luck. That young man left the hotel and bought me the missing paper and delivered it to my door. Also they gave me a very nice gift as an apology this occured. Check in was very fast and personnel very polite. Room very clean and modern. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for more than 8 years and can't go wrong with any room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not receive your paper the first night of your stay. Evidently, the papers needed drastically increased after the deadline to order more that night. I'm so glad we were able to rectify the issue for you. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We previously stayed at the Staybridge next door which is owned by the same group however decided to give the HI Express a try this time.

The check in was swift and our staff member was courteous and informative.
The great room area was spotlessly clean with plenty seating and a large screen tv to watch.

Our room was well appointed (could have done with the addition of a fridge) and had a seating area in addition to the bedroom part.

The complimentary breakfast was very well stocked and the lady in charge was quick to ensure tables were cleaned and available for guests. As we were there over the Indy500 weekend the hotel was busy and we thought they handled the guests numbers exceptionally well in comparison to previous hotels we have stayed in over the same weekend.

We had already made transport arrangements to the race however on check in we were asked if we needed any further race info which we thought was a nice touch.

The hotel is central for speedway, airport and many more things and benefits from several restaurants within walking distance and a good movie theatre only a 5 minute drive away.

Would happily recommend and will be our hotel of choice for further visits in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Currently, we have two Executive Suites with the added refridgerator and microwave, however, it is in our plans to add refridgerators and microwaves to the rest of our rooms in the future. Thank you again for your review and choosing us for your lodging needs. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Upon registering, the two of us were offered one bottled water. The staff was just OK, nothing special. I am used to better treatment at a Holiday Inn. We appeared to be a bit of a bother. They did what they were supposed to do and that was it, not even a pleasantry or even any eye contact. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The lady in the breakfast area was wonderful! Breakfast had the "good" gravy. The other guest were great. I have no complaints, except I am whining a bit about not being treated "special", but I am part of their loyalty program...

Room Tip: Room 322 had a strange shower situation. After a few minutes (in the shower) all hot water is gone...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Karen, thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not feel you were effectively recognized for being a Priority Club member. We do offer the complimentary water among other goodies to our Priority Club members to recognize them. I would be delighted to hear any suggestions you have on how we can better recognize our loyalty members. Please call the hotel and ask for Caitie or Jennifer. I'm glad you found the breakfast and our hostess to be so enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future.
Olcott, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were upgraded into a master suite for a regular room price, very nice.
Hotel looks a little dated, but very clean.
Could use some more luggage carts in the lobby.
Do not park under any trees as there are hundreds of birds nesting in them at night with the resulting mess on your car

Room Tip: Book early There was no room service
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Caitie R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade. In regards to the birds, we are working with the Department of Natural Resources to deal with their desire to roost in our trees. We have also obtained Mikes Carwash passes until we can resolve the issue permanently. We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Plainfield / Indianapolis? Share your experiences!