“Good eatery” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 85 Restaurants in Plainfield
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Plainfield, Indiana
“Good eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a pretty good steak house if you are in the mood. Service was very good. Food is well priced, and good. If you get there for prime rib night, I recommend it.

Visited March 2013

Plainfield, Indiana
“Horribile Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you get Becca as your waitress, leave or ask for another table. Never experienced such rude behavior and attitude. Will not be a repeat customer and I am local. Waited forever to get plates cleared, drinks refilled and for check. Always smelled like smoke when she did show up. Her smoke breaks were obviously more important than her customers. Go to Cracker Barrell next door and save yourself from the frustration you will experience at The Coachman in Plainfield.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Nice Family Style Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We wanted a restaurant that was not a chain. The atmosphere and staff were warm and friendly. Good variety of home cooked meals and priced well. Definitely would go back again. Close to many hotels.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mesa, Arizona
“Nice ambience, average cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I would come back here. I liked the ambience, I saw the bar area looked nice. The dining area was ample. Service was good, friendly staff, prices were reasonable, portions were generous. I did not give it a higher rating due to the food flavor was simply average. I think this would also be a good place for a business dinner in the area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brownsburg, Indiana
“Stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Spur of the moment stop on our way from the airport to home. The exterior surely does not invite you in, but it doesn't shout 'stay away' either. We walked in to an empty hostess station with a sign telling us to seat ourselves. Having never been there, we meandered around until we found the bar area.

We found a table in front of some sunny windows, as one knows the sun isn't out much in winter. Tori, our server greeted us, asking if we would likes beverage. My husband ordered a martini, straight up, and I inquired about wine. It was a short, unexciting list, but I wasn't feeling like a mixed drink. I ordered a Yellow Tail merlot.

Drinks were delivered, and my glass was all sticky ok the outside, and overall didn't look very clean.

We ordered a grilled cheese and a grouper sandwich,. Food was really average. My husband had onion rings, which he says were okay. The French fries were very dry.

The menu, overall, was very boring. Definitely wont be back, even though I go to and from the airport multiple times a month. Plainfield and Avon are desperate for a little upscale bar/ restaurant.

• Visited February 2013