“Cold Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Louisville, Kentucky, EEUU
“Cold Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks. Needed to be up early. Wake up calls never failed once. The breakfast however included cold gravy for the bisquits, cold sausage, cold fake eggs and nasty potatoes. If you don't eat these items, your good.(Unless you wish to heat them up in the microwave) Hot coffee, toast your own bread selection and waffels with a warm oatmeal were just ok. The rooms were relativly clean. No observed and hunted bed bugs. My bed was comfy. Refrigarator and microwave in the room. Pool closed for treatment. Minimal excercise equipment. Staff friendly when you could find them. Only junk food close by.

Room Tip: Do not get a room behind elevators, 102, 202,302. Makes continual noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ashland, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Pool was closed for "chemical treatment" most of our stay (quite the disappointment). Breakfast was good but they only put out a small amount and when it's gone they do not refill. Convenient to Indy activities. Would stay again but would call first to inquire about pool availability.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't even know where to start. First of all, I do not have high standards with hotels, I am quite cheap. I travel often for business, but when I pay, I stay in some really shady places. This is the second worst hotel I have ever seen. In case you don't like long reviews, I will start with the most gross and work down to the smallest issue. My bathroom was GROSS!!!!!!! I can't even use the English language professionally to describe this filth. First I noticed that the sink counter was covered in small hairs, like from someone shaving their face. That would be fine if it were a few, but it appeared as if it wasn't even wiped down after the last man left. Ok, no big deal things get missed. Then I noticed MUSHROOMS!!! Actual real live mushrooms GROWING out of the floor by the toilet. I got super close just to make sure I wasn't imagining this, or that something just wasn't dropped and appeared that way. No, it was a family of mushrooms literally growing out of the floor. WTF. This kind of disgustingness does not happen from a few missed cleanings. This is a pattern of dirtiness and probably an ignored maintenance issue. After this the little hairs, and the several pubic hairs left on the floor seemed like a minor annoyance.
Not that it is needed, but here are the other smaller issues - My carpet was really dirty. I walked from the bed to the bathroom three times after checkin, my socks had turned black. The heating unit didn't work properly, I went from feeling like the belly of a furnace to an ice box all night long both nights.
And the last and also very serious issue -- This hotel is not safe. The front desk is unmanned often. I don't know where they go, but they are not there. Which wouldn't be a huge issue if the doors were then locked and a key card was needed for entry. This is not the case. The doors remain unlocked in the front, and also in the back. Even at night. Which means that the desk is accessible. I did see cameras.... but what good is a video after someone steals key cards? Your room may already have been broken into before that video ever gets looked at..... There are a million other hotels in this area. I recommend the brand new La Quinta, as the other Wyndham properties on the street are all owned by the same person.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. This one is DIRTY!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We arrived at the hotel early in the morning (around midnight), and when I went to check in I found a sign informing me the desk staff would be right back. The sign said to use the phone behind me and dial "0" to speak with a staff representative, so I did, and the man on the line told me the clerk had to run to the airport and would be back shortly. My wife and I were exhausted, and frankly, I didn't want to wait around (which we did-for about 1/2 hour). When the guy finally returned he was really, really rude. He didn't apologize for our inconvenience and gruffly asked twice for my credit card even though he could plainly see I was about to pull it out of my wallet. I ended up replying gruffly, "I heard you the first time."

When we got up to the room and opened the door we were greeted with stale smoke smell. I double-checked my reservations (yep, non-smoking room) and the sign outside the door (yep, little non-smoking symbol), but the smoke smell was pervasive. I didn't want to deal with the completely impersonal, cranky absentee desk clerk, so we sucked it up and turned in.

The bed was pretty comfortable and seemed clean. The breakfast was decent--eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereals, bagels, toast, and cinnamon buns. Everything tasted exactly like a free hotel breakfast.

If, on the rare chance we're ever again in Indianapolis, it's unlikely we'll stay here. If the staff had been accommodating, and if the room smelled better, I might because the price was right.

Room Tip: In our room we heard a lot of noise from the highway. Be sure yours is truly a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport Plainfield? Share your experiences!