You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a strange review to write since there where positive and negative experiences after staying for 6 days in the hotel. Staff is friendly, helpful, and overall they seem to have a good attitude. Beds and pillows are terrible, I am still in pain from sleeping there. Twice I asked when I left the hotel around 11am to get my room cleaned, and both time they just did not do it. The cleanliness of the place I would say is lacking a bit, not as bad as other places but not really the way it should be.
I will not stay at this Homewood Suites again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
rodneybarta, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We've stayed at this Homewood before, and we think the suites at this one, with 2 separate rooms and a kitchen, are an excellent value. Since we had stayed here before, we could easily catalog the aspects which were less desirable: the carpet needed repair in one spot, the door keys operated only with difficulty, or sometimes not at all, the TV control was difficult to operate, the bedside radio clock was centrally set, and was a major operation requiring hotel staff to reset it. The breakfast included hot scrambled eggs, but the meat and potatoes were highly processed.

Any negative things were trumped by the nice rooms with real privacy for 2 people

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Well, everything was just great. It was our first time at a Homewood Suites and we were impressed. It was easy access off and on I-70. It is near the airport, and in the morning, I did hear some jet noise, but as we live near a major airport, I went right back to sleep. My wife did not hear it. Dinner was complimentary in addition to the breakfast. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed for two nights and was traveling with three small children (all 11 yr old). Booking a suite over a conventional hotel room was a must and Homewood Suites turned out to be a good choice. The large refrigerator and kitchen area allowed me to bring more drinks and snacks for the kids. The sitting room portion of the suite was acceptable, not as large as a Drury, but very comparable to a Hampton Inn. The bedroom was two queens and was very nice. The separate "get ready" area around the bathroom was good, as it allowed everyone to speed up the process. The kids used the pool area and I went to the hot tub. I will say the hot tub was warm at best, so a bit of a disappointment.

The free breakfast was standard (I didn't expect anything more) and all that the kids needed. They enjoyed making their own waffles.

The location was Plainfield, which I selected as it was convenient to the golf event the kids were playing in. Many chain restaurants nearby, so it definitely served our purpose. However, if you were traveling with adults only, the food options were slim and would have to drive further from the hotel. The overall experience was very good and at $99 per night, I felt it was a great deal (When considering other lodging options, I always default to a suite-style room and am willing to pay $10-20 for it).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for two nights at the start of our two week US road trip.

Very nice hotel and superb value for money. Suites were very clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was excellent - good selection of hot food and the menu varied from day to day. Served on "proper" plates as well - not paper ones. Staff were excellent - especially the young lady who checked us in (sorry - did not make a note of her name). She looked after our cases for us when United Airlines delivered them a few hours after we arrived! Nice area as well. Plenty of eating places nearby.

This was probably the best value for money of the eight hotels we stayed at on our roadtrip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

The Hotel is setup nicely between the "Metropolis" area and the Airport- 5 minutea to either, so if your coming in for buisness and dont want to deal with downtown Parking and fees- this is a solid hotel- Hilton bran is usually always solid, but HomewoodSuites does have the full kitchen and fridge so you can actually eat a bit healthier- only knock about this hotel was there cable was out in my room and aome others and I only was getting 5 stations which isnt terrible- but it is Football Season!

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Convenient to airport, 500, IRP, restaurants. Friendly, attentive staff. Big suites, fully appointed, clean, reasonably priced. Can't ask for more. I can't find anything wrong with this place. Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield? Share your experiences!