“Don't you DARE stay here!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Inn - Plainfield

Ramada Inn - Plainfield
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Plainfield
Ramada Inn - Plainfield
6023 Gateway Dr, Plainfield, IN 46168   |
Ranked #15 of 16 hotels in Plainfield
Naples, Florida
“Don't you DARE stay here!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Unless you are broke, cannot smell or have no other choice, DON'T stay here! The air conditioner will not shut off ... result ... Great if you are an ALASKAN! Complaining means NOTHING ... the nice man at the front desk said, "Oh .. We will fix it shortly" ... a classic case of pure, "Lip Service". If you love the smell of a musky, mildew and enjoy the feeling of old dust all around you .. you will love this place. I wouldn't stay here if they paid me $56 including tax! This has to be down there with the very worst Ramada Inns in the entire WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baahhh Humbug .. you ought to be ashamed to call it "RAMADA"!!!! I would call it "Disgusting Inn & Out"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaarrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at. It's no longer the Ramada Limited, but the Budget Inn. They'll still accept coupons for the Ramada Limited, which is the only reason I booked the room. If I hadn't been so tired, I would have checked out and demanded a refund. This place is awful.

Peeling wallpaper, rust stains in the bathroom, dust in the corners. Water stains all over the ceiling. One of the dresser drawer pulls is broken. There's a microwave and mini-fridge, but no cups or coffee pot, and the phone is greasy. Yes, greasy. The whole room is pretty dirty and there's a police car that's been parked across the street all evening. I can't believe they charge $54 for these rooms.

• Liked — At least the sheets were clean.
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fife, Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

We ended up booking this hotel after problems with our original hotel at the airport (long story). Upon pulling up it looks old and dated but willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. The reception area is reasonable, but the rooms are filthy. I agree with the last review, there were crumbs all over the floor, debris of some sort on the bed, the sink was disgusting, the bath and toilet were clean but you do not want to know what was behind the bathroom door. We decided this was not a nice place to be so asked for our money back and left.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

This was truly the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Not only was the room absolutely filthy (actual dirt piled all over the floor, dirty counters, tub, toilet and sink), but I was charged an additional $50 the day after my stay. When I called to question the charges, the "assistant manager" (he refused to give me his name) was rude and abusive, using unbelievably offensive language and calling me names, while accusing me of stealing towels (there was one towel in the room that was not even clean and was only used to wipe down the counter) and "setting poodles free to s**t all over the room" (yes, that is exactly what he said). I have never owned or set a poodle free in my life. He also threatened to "charge whatever he wanted to" on my credit card.
Honestly, I stayed at that motel against my better judgment once I set foot in the room, but was so exhausted from having been on the road for 15 hours that I just didn't have the energy to go find another place. I was not even able to get a good night's sleep or even a shower due to the condition of the room.
We'll see id Ramada cares enough about its customers to resolve this, but if they allow someone like this guy to be an assistant manager... well, let's just hope they do the right thing.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — the smell that lingered
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lawrence, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

We had an awful experience. The wallpaper is peeling, torn, and had someone's initials written on it with lipstick. The coffee pot was not clean, and one bed was missing a sheet.

The staff was not helpful, and the breakfast was pretty minimal.

• Liked — low price
  • Disliked — the lack of cleanliness and customer service
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

Plainfield, IN is on Intertstate 70 about ten miles from downtown Indianapolis. Before my trip, I had checked out many downtown hotels and they were averaging $200+ a night, which I consider ridiculous. I booked The Ramada Limited in Plainfield through Priceline for 59 dollars and drove downtown in 15 mins. The Ramada is located off Highway 70, exit 66. This exit has about 6 hotels and assorted restaurants including a Dennys, Steak N Shake, McDonalds, Burger King and Arbys. I was surprised to find that the hotels (i.e. Holiday Inn Express, etc.) were all around $90-$110 per night. All of them except for The Ramada that is. The hotel was very basic. You can see the photos for the hotel here on this site- they are accurate. Small, but comfortable room. Very small bathroom- although it did have good water pressure and hot water. This hotel is fine if you just need a place to sleep and shower. My only complaints would be the 16 year old kid who "checked me in" acted like an annoying teenager who was being bothered that I was even there. And my second complaint was that when I drove back to the hotel from downtown, I saw a billboard advertising the hotel for $35 per night, which is about half of what I had booked on Priceline. I blame myself for that - it was a very basic hotel and I should have spent about $40 for it. Other than that, there were no problems. It was clean and acceptable.

• Stayed June 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2005

I stayed on a business trip and the first indication of trouble was when the desk gave me the wrong key to an occupied room.
When I did get a room, I had to go get a remote control, air the room out, and kill the flies in the room.
All in all, it was cheap but not worth it. There seems to be a lot of extended stay persons working on local construction complete with barbecue grills and that sort of thing.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Inn - Plainfield? Share your experiences!