“Great park and fly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Champaign, Illinois
“Great park and fly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed there the night before an early flight out of the Indy airport. The rooms were clean, the staff was helpful, and the airport shuttle was very convenient. There was a little bit of a mix up about picking us up from the airport, but the front desk person made sure the shuttle driver knew we were going to be waiting and the shuttle driver was very courteous. He even dropped us off right at our car. I will definitely stay there again before my next trip out of Indy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This is a new(-ish) hotel close to IND airport and I-70. I stayed here for a couple of nights labor day weekend and I definitely confirm what the previous tripadvisors are saying. Big room with BIG Lcd, micro and fridge. Comfortable bed, fresh bathroom. Nice breakfast, maybe a bit small breakfast area. But top rating anyhow.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Yorktown, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We had a baseball tournament in Mooresville so we book this hotel for some of our team that wanted to spend the night. We got an excellent group rate and everyone was pleased. The lobby was clean and not a spot to be seen anywhere. The pool was wonderful and just the right size. The staff offered to serve breakfast an half an hour early, knowing we had an early game. The beds were very nice and all slept well. I like the fact they don't have a bedspread on the bed, much more clean looking with the blanket at the end. I'm a hotel snob and this place was perfect and I would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

A banner outside of the hotel indicated they recently opened, so everything had a fresh and new feeling. Rooms were a good size, nicely furnished. Continental breakfast had one of those Belgian waffle makers - yum.

Generally, the service was excellent. The woman maintaining the breakfast/coffee area was incredibly helpful and attentive, and the area was spotless.

Also, the night before our very early airport departure, the receptionist let us grab a few snacks from the pantry to hold on to for breakfast (we were leaving before breakfast would be available). Really felt like the staff was willing to go above and beyond.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I can't say enough nice things about this hotel. I always review places before I stay. I was a little nervous booking here at first since they didn't have any reviews, but then I saw they had just opened. I have a daughter who is still in a booster seat. I sent an email asking if I would need to leave one at the desk while we were on our trip as I did at a previous hotel. I had a response right away. They said they would purchase a seat for the hotel to keep and asked for a description of what to purchase. This was extremely thoughtful, but I'm sure other travelers will also appreciate having one available for use. We stayed on the tail end of our trip. I was running later than they had mentioned the day we were scheduled to fly out. I called the hotel and told them when I'd be arriving since I was behind schedule and to see where I should park. At another hotel I had to park away from the hotel in a separate lot. Here they said to park anywhere I wanted! They had the van waiting for me when I arrived with my two daughters. The driver loaded my bags for me. I walked in the the front desk to see if I needed to leave vehicle information or anything. He said I was good to go and to enjoy my trip! This was so great to hear.The trip back to the hotel was just as smooth. I called to say I was at baggage claim. They told me exactly where to wait and how to get there in the airport, what kind of vehicle to watch for to be sure I didn't take the wrong transport vehicle, and took my cell phone number just in case. They were very quick on picking us up as well. The driver took us to my van to drop any bags that weren't needed in the hotel first then drove us to the hotel entrance as well. When I entered, we also had a great experience. It was late, so they gave us a late check out for the next day without us even requesting it. They didn't have a TV channel line up in the rooms yet, but the front desk was extremely helpful when I called to let me know the "kids' channels". We missed breakfast, but that was our fault for oversleeping. Everyone was very helpful! I even became a rewards member for the first time at a hotel since I liked it so much! They made traveling with two daughters on my own so easy!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for two nights in March 2011 while in town for a funeral. We really appreciated the 1:00 PM check in time, since we were able to change from travelling to funeral clothes in our room before the visitation. The hotel is very nicely decorated and the room (two queen beds with sofa sleeper) is too and everything is very clean. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator which is convenient, too. My daughter and I used the indoor pool and hot tub and my husband used the fitness room. Both were clean and just what we wanted. He especially liked using the weight machine, which are often not included in hotel fitness rooms. The front desk employees were courteous and we had no problems. The only complaint I would make regards the breakfast area. The first morning there was only one other family there when we were, but the counters were messy and there was no attendant wiping tables and refilling items, etc. The second morning my husband went down at 9:00 and they had all ready closed so he was unable to get anything to eat - granted, he should have gotten there earlier. I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone else. It was a great deal at $77.00 a night on the La Quinta website. Lots of restaurants close by, too. - we ate at Burger King and Cracker Barrel and both were fine.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

This was the BEST LaQuinta we have ever stayed in. It is a non-smoking hotel, so no stale smoke smells. The entire staff was wonderful, every shift, all weekend, they were very friendly and helpful. There were 22 of us in 7 rooms ranging from under 1 to 80 years old and everyone had a great time and thought the hotel and staff were great. The pool was large and hot tub was very nice. We are planning to make it a yearly getaway at the Plainfield LaQuinta!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield? Share your experiences!