“Wow!!! Not expected at all!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Chicago, Illinois
“Wow!!! Not expected at all!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Lori was awesome from the moment at hello!!! Drink specials a plus, rooms very clean and completely updated!!! What a huge surprise not a typical Best Western!! Our room had awesome lighting for reading. We came in for business, but look forward to staying here for future travel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor is was very comfy!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Avon, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here one night with kids, just to swim. We live locally and just wanted to have a little getaway. Very nice hotel, super clean, modern and nice pool. The only down side was the breakfast was not replenished as needed. That said it was still a free breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visit Indy with some regularity and this is the place I want to stay. It is close to the airport, has shuttle service, and great service. Easy access to I70 if you are driving. The lobby is nice for little friendly get togethers, and it has a very small, but pleasant bar. Breakfasts have a lot of variety, something for everyone. The rooms are spacious, and CLEAN. My friends and I were meeting for a birthday celebration, there were about 6 or 7 couples, and we all enjoyed the hotel. It also has a very nice, heated indoor pool.

Room Tip: We like the second floor, I think room 200 has a nice view, but they are all nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

With regular trips to Indy for business, I have spent virtually every minute in one of the downtown hotels (i.e. Westin, JW, Omni, etc.). On this particular trip, I had absolutely no luck in finding a hotel to accommodate me throughout my entire stay.

Looking around the airport was just as difficult. But I read a few reviews and booked the Best Western Plus Atrea. And I am so happy I did.

Now, to be fair, if I had to drop a bit on the review it would be because of the distance to Indy. 12 plus miles isnt a deal breaker, but it also isnt "cab convenient" either. But the staff, rooms and nearby restaurants more than made up for this.

As my flight my flight plans were changed because of weather issues I called the hotel and Rebecca was outstanding. Not only did she get me in a room a night earlier at the very last minute. She called when my flight landed to confirm I arrived and to let me know the room was waiting.....The Westin or JW have never been that customer focused.

For the hotel itself, clean and modern are the first words that come to mind. Great breakfast area, full bar and appealing pool (though I didnt use it) are all there.

My room was immaculate and up to date as well. Large room was well appointed. (could use a bit larger amenities thought - shampoo and such a bit skimpy)

And back to the staff. Kudos to Rebecca! Shuttle was there when I needed it and everything went better than expected.

If this hotel were in downtown Indy, it would earn my business every time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, but had planned on a third. The coming snow storm caused us to leave early. This was a beautifully appointed place--from the lobby, to the bar, the breakfast area and the room. The staff was helpful and friendly from the moment we stepped inside. The room had everything we needed--42" flat screen tv, desk, larger microwave than usual and refrig. There was plenty of light in the room--several lamps, and lighting over the bed. The beds were so comfortable! The bath was beautiful too--granite top. The breakfast was pretty good--hot and cold items. If we ever pass this way again, I'd stay there in a heartbeat. What I also liked about it was that it was close to restaurants. Was able to use the exercise room, sauna, and the pool which were nice. Everything was very clean and well maintained. This was a great value! Stayed in more expensive places that weren't this nice. The only thing I was disappointed in, which was very minor, was not being able to use the spa (hot tub). It was covered over by boards and a table on top.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brookville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and I stayed here for an overnight trip to the Childrens Museum of Indianapolis. I chose this hotel because of an outstanding stay at another BW Plus in Michigan.
No problems at check-in. Lori was WONDERFUL!!!! She is very nice and helpful, and works her bootie off to accomodate guests. She was running from the front-desk, to the bar, to the pool with dry towels, and doing it all very quickly and effeciently, and with a great attitude.
The room was very nice. Very modern, with "spot" type reading lights on the headboards. I could read while not disturbing my wife with the light from a big lamp. Nice big flat-screen tv. Everything was very clean and comfortable. Rooms have a fridge, microwave and a Keureg coffee maker. No problems at all with the room.
I took my kids to the pool to swim. Even though it was a little crowded with kids, and very noisy, I was a good dad and let my kids (10 and 5) play. I wanted them to sleep good that night. I was VERY disappointed there was no hot tub. There used to be one, but it appeared to have been "boarded over", with a table/chairs where it should be. It would have been nice to have been able to sit in the hot tub while watching my kids in the pool. They also had a sauna, but it had a big "out of order" sign taped to the door.
Now, let me tell you about the breakfast the following morning. I've stayed at alot of these "free breakfast" hotels, and this had to have been the worst! I can't really elaborate on the food, because there really wasn't much of it. We arrived at around 8:30 (breakfast is from 7-10). The kids always enjoy the make-yourself waffles. I had gravy/buscuits with sausage links, and some kind of mini cheese omlette thing. Not sure what it was. The buscuits and mini-omlette were crusty and had been sitting in the warmer too long. They were out of regular eggs and hash brown potatoes. There were no juice glasses. We had to use coffee cups for juice. At one point, a lady was digging around under one of the cabinets looking for someing. A guest thought she worked there, but she was a hotel guest looking for coffee creamer. There was a young lady working in the back. She was in NO HURRY WHATSOEVER to help any of the guests. SLOW!!!!! If it were't free, we would have been next door at Cracker Barrell getting a real breakfast.
Overall, the place is decent. It's a great place to stay if you don't care about the pool/hot tub/sauna or breakfast.
It definitely doesn't live up to the standards of a BW Plus. I would probably skip this one next time.
Thanks for reading! Safe travels! {:O)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Paris, Illinois, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Room was very nice, Everything appeared newer & well maintained. Carpet had not been vacuumed under & around the chair in sitting area. Crumbs all over floor. bathroom clean & stocked. Very pleased with the stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!