“Great Recommendation” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone Creek - Plainfield is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Plainfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Metropolis Outdoor Shopping Center
Description: Located in Metropolis Outdoor Shopping Mall in Plainfield and opened in 2005, Stone Creek Dining Company Plainfield is part of the Cunningham Restaurant Group (CRG) family. With a unique charm and easy elegance, Stone Creek Dining Company - Plainfield delights and entices with warm, wonderful foods, superior service and an enchanted ambience. Join us today for delightful dishes infused with the flavors of the season, Our menu features a wide variety of sandwiches, salads, seafood, pastas, steaks, chops and chicken - and doesn't disappoint! We look forward to serving you.
Danville, Illinois
“Great Recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My wife, sister and Brother-In-Law took my daughter to the Indianapolis Airport. We were famished so we asked a family friend to recommend a restaurant with good food & a great atmosphere. Stone Creek was recommended and we totally enjoyed it. The meals were reasonably priced and the cocktails, appetizers and main dishes were awesome. We will definitely return to this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greenwood, Indiana
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have dined at the Greenwood, Indiana restaurant in this regional chain and have always been pleased with the food and service. I went to meet friends at the Plainfield restaurant. First the parking is a distance from the restaurant except for a few places in front. I am recovering from several surgeries and the closest lot did not have a sidewalk to the restaurant but instead I walk over a small rise as has many before me since the grass was gone and had it rained it would have been mud. The handicap spots are even further from the restaurant. Locating the restaurant is also difficult as it is on the back side of a large outdoor mall with no signage directing you there as far as I could see. We all ordered different things. One of my friends had ordered Mahi Mahi which as soon as it was served you could smell the fishy smell across the table. No self respecting chef would have sent that to the dining room. I also had heard that the chain had great French Onion Soup which is one of my favorites. I ordered a bowl and got a cup. When I saw it, there were 2 or 3 small onion crisps on top and no visible cheese or crouton. I found a crouton and about a spoon full or cheese in the bottom of the cup. The soup was warm not hot and had little flavor. I ordered a horse radish crusted sirloin. it was not hot either. I do not understand since they brought it and my friends' food about the same time.
At one point I had to tell the waiter I was about to send out a search party as it would take about 15 minutes to obtain another wine. He would bring it out in mini carafes. I am guessing it is bulk wine since he never brought the bottle. The wine was fine but I just do not understand the delay. The waiter did not have more than 3 tables and he was not attentive enough. My buddie sent back the Mahi Mahi and ordered a salad. They asked if he wanted another Mahi Mahi like the next piece would be better. It was not cooked improperly it was either not Mahi Mahi or it was not fresh. My friend had to ask for the manager. At the end the waiter wanted to let him know they were gracious enough to take it off the bill and offered one dessert. I would not go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mooresville, Indiana
“STONE CREEK AT METROPOLIS, PLAINFIELD, IN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stone Creek is an excellent restaurant located in Metropolis. The restaurant's decor is outstanding. My two favorites are the Ribs and Tuscan Penne. Enjoy

Plainfield, Indiana
“Off there game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Dining here is usually a very good experience but the other night they were off there game. Service was slow (kitchen) but to the managers credit she came by and apologized and offered free deserts for all. When meals came they were warm, our friends ordered a sirloin combo and got a small filet which was good she said. I ordered the sirloin and blackened shrimp. steak was nothing to brag about. Just an off night I guess because you can usually count on a great meal at any of the local Cunningham Group restaurants.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plainfield, Indiana
“Good Everytime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have been to this restaurant many of times for business and personal use. Always have friendly service and good food. Atmosphere is good for business lunch or a nice night out with friends. Outdoor seating on a warm summer night is wonderful!

• Visited May 2014