“Shhhhh. AF Reserve Base Best Kept Secret” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peru
Grissom Air Force Inn
Save Saved
You added Grissom Air Force Inn to your Saves list
471 Hoosier Blvd., Grissom AFB, Peru, IN 46971-5000   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Specialty Lodging in Peru
Indiana
“Shhhhh. AF Reserve Base Best Kept Secret”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I flew on a military flight from Travis Afb, CA to Grissom Air Force Reserve Base Indiana. The Inn is located about a five minute walk to the main gate. The Inn is very large with hundreds of rooms. Reservists probably use this Inn when called to active-duty. The rooms were large and had all the comforts that you would need. The front desk let me check out a laptop. The lady that worked there was helpful and very friendly. There was no charge for using the laptop. It was wireless and the connection was a little bit slow. The cost is 56 dollars a night with no tax. The front desk is like a mini-px. Plenty of food and comfort items for purchase. They also have a military dining facility located in the hotel that serves breakfast and lunch. I came in on the evening and missed that. The base is located in the middle of nowhere. I had arranged with Enterprise to pick me up by the main gate so I could drive it to Indianapolis. It was about an 1 1/2 hour drive with traffic and construction.

Room Tip: Because it is so large I would get a room near the main lobby. This way you do not have to lug lugg...