“Nice People and a Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Midwest Inn

Midwest Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paoli
Midwest Inn
Save Saved
You added Midwest Inn to your Saves list
1917 West Main Street, Paoli, IN 47454   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Paoli
Deerfield, IL
“Nice People and a Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed here when we basically needed only a place to sleep and din't want to break the bank at nearby West Baden Springs.
The price was outrageously reasonable, something like $60 for room with 2 double beds, a nice TV, a frig and microwave.
The folks in the office were very nice, and provided extra pillows, etc on request.
It's not a luxury place, kind of what my husband calls a "front loader" where you drive up to your outside door. It could use some freshening up, but our room was very clean, and we were on the back side of the motel so it was also quiet.
If all you are looking for is a place to crash, you can certainly save yourself a few bucks here, and the folks couldn't be nicer.

Room Tip: The back side of the Hotel may be quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Monument, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

I am from this town so I wasn’t expecting much. But I saw the positive comments here and thought I would give them a try.
The room had a terrible stench, the carpet was sticky, and the curtains were filthy with cigarette holes. The vent on the air conditioner was busted completely through, but amazingly, it still worked. I checked the mattress for bedbugs and there didn’t seem to be any; but the mattress and box springs were stained and absolutely filthy. They still use the old quilted comforters. Ours had a terrible odor and a blood stain, so we removed it immediately.
Still, we figured we could make it a few days so I disinfected what I could and used Febreze; though it didn’t help the odor.

My husband had expected to do some work on his laptop since they advertise free WIFI…but it was
nonexistent for most of the time we were there. When he went to the office to inquire about it, the manager said that hers worked and was otherwise unhelpful. We eventually got a very weak signal that would last for just a few minutes at a time.

Still, we would have stayed.

But while we were trying to sleep in on Saturday morning, they insisted on coming in to change our sheets. I told them we didn’t want them changed. At home, I only change my sheets once a week and we were only going to be there a few days. The manager said it was the law. Obviously a fabrication because most hotels only change sheets in between guests in order to conserve resources. The housekeeper came in to change the sheets and promptly put the filthy comforter back on the bed.
We are professionals in our mid-fifties. I hate to think that we look like drug dealers, but they sure wanted to see inside our room.

The manager was rude and unhelpful in any way. In fact, the only time she was pleasant was when we were paying her for the room at the beginning of this horror story.

We left early and got a nice clean room in a nearby town.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

We reserved a room at the Midwest Inn based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. All I can say is SUCKER! The room stunk and was was visibly dirty. We seriously considered canceling the rest of the reservation and moving across the street but that motel didn't look much better so we decided to try. We were told the pool would be available but it was empty and we were given a ridiculous excuse. The WiFi signal was non-existent and instead of help we got "I don't have a problem." The final straw was when they demanded to enter the room after day 2 claiming it was the law to change the sheets every 2 days. We know they just wanted in to see what we were up to. Again, hotel staff was not helpful, only combative. We surrendered our final day and moved to a different town. HORRIBLE.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Rosarito, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

The people running this motel are so nice I feel guilty giving it a poor review. But the owner seriously needs to replace the worn and tired beds, air conditioning units, plumbing fixtures, and light fixtures. I doubt any money has been spent maintaining the rooms for a decade. On the plus side, rooms on the back side away from the road are quiet and have a nice view of the countryside.

Room Tip: Book on the backside for quieter rooms and a view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Huntington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Midwest Inn is the best choice in Paoli. Clean, affordable,and friendly staff. We stayed last year at the "other place" available in Paoli and Midwest is 100 times BETTER. Business purposes we stay in about 30 motels a year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
West Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here for the month of October for work. I was working in French Lick but do to that place being a tourist town, the hotel prices were simply out of line for a person who lives on the road. Lucky for me the Midwest Inn was only 15 min away and a much better deal.

The managers, who live on site, are the best and will make you feel welcome. They keep the place in good condition and offer very reasonable rates and negotiate when you stay long term. Honestly I always like to see that, as I don't care much for stubborn take it or leave it pricing.

I will say, the walls are almost nonexistent they're so thin. To say you can here your neighbor is an understatement. Talk about paper thin. For this reason I didn't give 5 stars. But still a good value. The newer 40" flat screens in every room are a nice touch as well.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the street offer a quieter night.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Warren, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very friendly owners made us feel at home. We were just passing through and looking for a clean and comfy place to sleep. The room had 2 double beds. One was slightly sagging on one side. The other was very comfortable. Bathroom was very dated, but clean and good water pressure in the shower. Newer television. Motel is a little worn, but comfortably worn. No hair dryer or coffeemaker in the room, but coffee was available at 7 a.m. in the lobby. They do have a pool, but since it was after Labor Day (and way too cold to swim), it was closed. That area looked clean and well taken care of, despite the empty pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. It is not facing the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Midwest Inn? Share your experiences!