“Terrible !!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Midwest Inn

Midwest Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paoli
Midwest Inn
You added Midwest Inn to your Saves list
1917 West Main Street, Paoli, IN 47454   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Paoli
Louisville, Kentucky
“Terrible !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I booked this hotel because I saw the picture online and emailed them. Well when I talked to the person on the phone again a nice person. The shock was when I got to the hotel it was TERRIBLE. The room was so small a full size bed for two people, mattress was so soft that I woke up at 3 am. The pillow was something from a baby's bed (at least that is what it looked like) very small. I have to agree with on of the reviews furniture was outdated and the television was just as bad. The cable connection was terrible. It was just a terrible experience and for the money that I paid I wished I had of cancelled the reservation, and went across the street to the cheaper hotel. At least if it was as bad as this one I would have gotten my moneys worth and would not feel so bad. It is the Bates Motel...beware

Room Tip: Go somewhere else the price is too high and there is one across the street for 39.00 per night not 5...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

Rooms were discusting....constantly damp....and had a terrible smell of smoke and air freshener. The air freshener was a 99 cent one....stains on blankets and sheets sent us up the road ro buy a large tablecloth to sleep on. Beds and furniture must have been here from the 70s and never updated.... Sad to see since it could be the perfect place with some tlc.

• Stayed June 2011
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

My friend and I stayed here to have great access to Paoli Peaks, which is about a mile away from the hotel. The rooms are pretty standard, nothing too fancy but nothing to complain about either. I found the beds to be quite adequate and the room was fairly clean. There aren't little things like alarm clocks or the like but it really isn't that much of an issue for $65/night. The service was nothing short of amazing. The woman at the front desk was so friendly and helpful, giving us great ideas on places to eat and helping us get a great deal on lift tickets for the peaks. My only gripe would be that the room was a little dark, but that's just because one of the lamps was dead. All in all, we truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back. No other hotel in the area can beat the Midwest Inn for the price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Terre Haute, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

This a very good value for your money. It is clean, the staff are very friendly and make you welcome. I have stayed at this hotel 6-8 times in the past year and have never had a bad experience,

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Greeneville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I am originally from Chicago. I stayed at the Midwest Inn and I thought it was so much better than many hotels in Chicago! It's spotless, the pillows are amazingly fluffy, the management is wonderful, it's perfectly priced, the rooms are cozy without being small, and it was quiet all night! My four year old loved it too, and asked to come back - too bad we live so far away or we'd stay more often! :)

PS The manager Jane is a wonderful lady - full of stories, compassion for people, and patience!...and we only met her once!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Blountstown, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

The manager and her husband were absolutely great from the very first night (through the 10th night), willing to do anything to make my stay go as smoothly and stress free as possible. They were usually ready with answers to my questions and if not would find the answers quickly. The room was always clean and well stocked with towels etc. and other employees friendly/always helpful . As close to home comfort as possible when you are traveling.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Holland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We are grandparents and this was not the place for us. We stayes three nights , my husband paid ahead. This is a working man overnight place .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Midwest Inn? Share your experiences!