“room was not ready on arrival even though we were two hours...” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel Noblesville/ Indianapolis
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   17070 Dragonfly Lane, Noblesville, IN 46060   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Noblesville
Terre Haute
“room was not ready on arrival even though we were two hours...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

room was not ready on arrival even though we were two hours past check in. room we were given was not what we had reserved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

SuperServiceSeeker, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Noblesville/ Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and letting us know how your experience was. I apologize that your room was not ready, nor was it the correct type of room. I assure you I have address this with my staff in hopes to never have a guest left waiting 2 hours after checking for their room. Again I apologize for your inconvenience; we do hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Brandalyn Gragg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

First thing I noticed when we got to our room was the linens were stained. Later I noticed the window was broken, and there was standing water in the tub. The toilet was stained as were the walls. The bed was in good shape though, and I enjoyed good working A/C, tv, and good water pressure in the shower.

Room Tip: Will need to use stairs if on second floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and let us know about your experience. I would like to apologize for the condition of the room you were in. We are looking to go under renovations within the next year, including updating the rooms and décor. I have acknowledged the stains on linens and in the bath areas these areas have been addressed. I apologize that you had to experience those simple fix problems, during your stay rather than have them addressed before your arrival. Again thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Sadly, this hotel appears to be missing the 'love' it once might have had. Upon arrival, the room smelled of a sprayed fragrance that seemed to be covering for something; I opened the window to air out the room. The furnishing looked tired and slapped together (ex. two hangers on a rod in the corner of the room, no closet.) The bathroom had a shower curtain rod that was half a circle/oval even though the bath was rectangular, so the curtain was hanging out over the toilet. That same rod looked only tenuously secured to the wall as it likely was ripped down numerous times by previous visitors. My suggestion would be a half wall or glass door instead.

Equally disappointing is what passes for a continental breakfast. Sugary cereals, waffles, sweetened yogurt, factory bread (Wonder bread etc.), tea and coffee. The only food item I found without sugar was the plain oatmeal. No wonder there is a diabetes problem. Keeping it simply with healthy choices like properly fresh baked breads, no-sugar peanut butter, local honey, granola, and fruit beyond just oranges (even bananas and apples would be a plus). If people want to eat poorly, let them go out for breakfast. To top it off, EVERYTHING that was used to eat this 'food' was disposable. Nothing says inhospitable to me more than Styrofoam plates and plastic cutlery. Does anyone think about the environment anymore? Shameful.

Despite my disappointment at what $100/night buys today in the U.S., the people who served me were quite pleasant and the room was cleaned and well presented; the staff can only do so much. I slept well, but when asked by my friends about how I felt about where I stayed all I could reply was: "I don't know what either the Super nor the 8 stands for in the Super 8 name".

I will try to look elsewhere next time I am given a choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and let us know how your experience was. I would like to apologize that your experience was less that satisfying. We are looking at undergoing renovations and updating our rooms within the next year. I would also like to apologize that you were unhappy with the breakfast selections; we are limited by the standards of the Super 8 Brand, we follow the guidelines set forth. However I would like to let you know that I will bring this to the attention of those that make those desicions, this was a new breakfast set up, we have only had it out for a little over a year and they will be looking for your feedback to make additional changes. Again thank you for taking the time to let me know how you stay was. We hope to see you in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 5am went to shower and there was no soap, shampoo, towels or wash cloths in the bathroom. The toilet had a nasty ring of crud in it. The floors in the entire room were dirty. The towels I had to go get were stained and dingy. The bed sheets also had stains. I expressed my dissatisfaction upon check out. The clerk was attentive but unable to do anything. Had stayed here about a year ago & was pleased, but the maintenance & appearance of property has declined a great deal

• Stayed July 2013
SuperServiceSeeker, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Noblesville/ Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of the Super 8 Noblesville. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into. Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.

Brandalyn Gragg

Been to Super 8 Motel Noblesville/ Indianapolis? Share your experiences!