“A Delicious Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Matteo's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 118 Restaurants in Noblesville
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Noblesville, Indiana
“A Delicious Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've been to Matteo's before, and the food has always been good, but this time was exceptional.
We had the OLIVE ALL’ASCOLANA COCKTAIL DI GAMBERI appetizer,
Olives stuffed with cheese, breaded with ground veal and fried. Served with alfredo dipping sauce.
I had the TAGLIATELLA ALLA TARANTELLA a fettuccine pasta cooked with homemade chicken sausage, garlic, fresh asparagus, sun dried
tomatoes and a white wine cream sauce. My wife had RAVIOLI MARIA ROSA,
ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, and cooked in a light tomato-cream sauce.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

sunshinefanatic
“Missing the mark for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I begin with saying I had great hopes for Matteo's as it's been on my food To Do list for a few months. Having recently moved back to my home state I was looking forward to having a favorite go to spot in my new hometown that I could visit frequently and take out of town guests. I like the location and my first impression of the interior was that it had good ambiance. After being seated I took a closer look at my surroundings. The table behind me was being used as a set up station for glassware and service settings; those things should not be out in the open taking up valuable table space and making you feel like you were just seated in the butlers pantry. The next table over was set for service but vacant and the ready look was marred by one chair being pulled out and left in the walkway for my entire visit. Details do matter. The server was very personable,made us feel welcome, and was knowledgable about the specials. The bread was excellent. I had the vegetable lasanga which arrived in a sea of sauce that tasted just like Campbells Tomato soup and the interior of the dish was very dry and tasteless as if they forgot the seasonings. The server did detect that I wasn't impressed and did offer a replacement. Dessert wasn't offered and the check appeared before we had a chance to order an espresso. My suggestions would be watch the details because you have a great space with potential. Then upgrade the recipes.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
NWUSA
“All Everyone Else Said”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Matteo's is located on the square in Noblesville. On a recent birthday visit we had a table in the front window bay, looking at the courthouse, a little quieter than the main part of the room so we could have a good conversation with our friends.

As usual, the staff was friendly and professional. Our friends' baby was offered high chairs by two different servers. A gluten-intolerant friend was efficiently given the information she needed by a well-prepared waiter. Wine recommendations were spot-on, and the birthday boy even got his creme brulee comped.

Our appetizes were quite good; the shrimp cocktail, though not as spicy, rivaled a more famous one served about 18 miles south. Main courses included tagliatella alla tarantella (delicious!), penne nocia (very good), and ossa buco (great flavor, but could have been cooked a little longer for that fall-off-the-bone goodness). Even the baby seemed satisfied, as he slept the whole time.

We only have two small suggestions. First, the veal could have been more tender. It was good, but little longer in the overn would have definitely improved the texture. Second, both creme brulees (perfectly carmelized at the table!) were a cold in the center; we all agreed we like them a little warmer, a little softer, so the flavor comes out more.

Those are two small complaints and certainly didn't keep us from holding the table most of the evening, and they won't keep us from coming back again and again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, USA
“Superlative Italian, top-notch service and warm ambiance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

On the square in Noblesville you will find a charming family "Ristorante Italiano!" We had a party of ten with adults and teens and we all enjoyed a delightful early evening dinner. Crusty, home-baked loaves of hot bread served up with fine olive oil flavored with garlic and fennel seeds. Some of the group enjoyed the Calamari Fritti appetizer-- it looked crispy and lightly breaded. The "chop salad" was artfully presented with crunchy toast points and was a combo of lettuces, olives, onions, feta cheese and a house vinaigrette. The vegetarians all enjoyed homemade cheese-stuffed pastas with various tomato and cream sauces, including a tasty gnocchi dish. The rest had various satisfying entrees with veal, meatballs and a chicken lasagna. The servings are large, the flavors full and the sauces fresh. Our host for dinner selected a terrific Ripasso Valpolicella, a lovely dry red with a deep fruity taste. It paired well with our various entrees. Dessert was also splendid- Crème Brule, Tiramisu, and Cannoli. Of course, I cannot submit a review without my usual request for a few more vegetarian choices, so we will just have to return and try some of the other veggie options!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carmel, Indiana
“My favorite Italian Restaurant in the greater Indianapolis Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The number of good Italian restaurants in Indianapolis continues to grow; however, Matteo's is one of my favorites. The food is always excellent, the service is never rushed, and they have a very good selection of wines. Reservations help on the weekend.

• Visited January 2013