“Poor Ownership, Great Employees” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Garden Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Castle
Garden Inn
You added Garden Inn to your Saves list
24 E Executive Drive, New Castle, IN 47362   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in New Castle
Nashville
“Poor Ownership, Great Employees”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is an example of what could be a great property that the ownership will not spend the money to maintain. It was formerly a franchise of a major brand, but they no longer have that affiliation. The sink backed up our first night there and the only staff member on duty came in and cleaned the sink, but could not clear the drain. Since that was the Saturday before the Indy 500, there were no other rooms to move to and we had to stay in that particular room. Our neighbors next to us had the same problem. One room further down the hallway, our daughter and her family had no air conditioning and the temperature was over 85 during the day. The next morning, I spoke to the General Manager and she had one of her staff take the drain apart. We had to leave at the time he was working on the drain, but when we returned about five hours later, the GM told us that they used a plumber's snake on the drain and felt they had the problem solved. It never gave us anymore trouble. Our daughter and her family were allowed to move across the hall to a room that had an operating air conditioner, also. All said, they did their best to make our stay the best it could be. If the owner of this property does not see fit to invest a little money and effort into bringing this hotel up to higher standards, I do not think it will survive. They have a great staff, but the staff can only do so much with a run down, somewhat dirty hotel. Carpets in the hallway were dirty and wrinkled and all the drains were rusty and corroded. If the hotel looked as good as we were treated, it would be a great place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
O'Fallon, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Garden Inn for two nights, the first night was fine and although the hotel is in need of many repairs, it was functional. The second night we had the sink back up with raw sewage and the desk clerk was the only one working and she tried her best to clean up the mess. She indicated that a plumber was being contacted to fix the problem but no one came to repair the problem. The sink backed up again during the night. We could not use the sink to brush our teeth, wash our face, get a drink of water...and it smelled bad as well. The desk clerk indicated there were no other rooms available and since it was the weekend of the Indy 500 it was impossible to get another room at such short notice. The manager the next morning said there was nothing she could do and would not refund our money for the room. The room next to us had the same problem so we know it must be a problem for this hotel. I would not stay here again and do not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Monticello, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

April 3, 2014...My daughter and I stayed at this motel on this date. I cannot really begin to describe the miserable conditions we stayed in while at this facility, but I will try. First, the air conditioner wouldn't work and we believe the heat may have even been running. We were miserably hot all night. We didn't get much sleep. We discovered black hair on the bed that we suspected was dog hair...not sure...Next, the bathroom was almost unusable. There was NO HOT water, there were dirty, used towels hanging on the back of the bathroom door, open shampoo packets on the sides of the tub, and many other problems. I would NOT stay here again AND would absolutely NOT recommend it to anyone else, either...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Granger, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were there for a dance competition. The rooms smelled of smoke, they had rust on the bathroom baseboards and trim. Mold on the ceilings and wall behind the commode. The wall behind the commode and the base had not been cleaned in months. Carpet was stained and ripped up in the hallway. Outside security doors did not lock. wifi only in the lobby area. Lots of x rated stations, not much for a family. (no Disney) Pool was broke down and had been for months.
All the hotels in the area were booked up. Booked through orbitz. Hotel lost one of our reservations, I hade both hard copy confirmations, they had none. Out of all the faxes that came through ours was the only ones lost. They managed to book one room though, Hmmmm. After juggling and chaos they found another room but not what was booked, it was a single we needed a double. Refused to give a 10% discount for the smaller room. Stuck for 2 days Grrrr

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We prepaid for our suite two days before our wedding. Arrived on the 7th of December. Upon entering the room noticed a large stain on the throw they use at the end of the bed. The lady at the desk Jessica was amazing and replaced it. I used the bathroom to realize the tub hasn't been cleaned there were long hairs in it. The bathroom floor was disgusting with dirty tiles. I wasn't comfortable walking barefoot in the bathroom. To top it off we found BLOOD stains on the comforter. Jessica told us since we had been there over 10 mins they couldn't refund our money. They had no other rooms available and there was no way to get ahold of a manager. I work in a hotel and know that is crap. We had to go sit in steak and shake on our wedding night so she could clean the room. She did an awesome job. We contacted the manager Becky when we returned from our honeymoon. She is the rudest manager I have ever seen and wouldn't help us she refused to give us the owner or gms phone number. It was the worst experience we have ever had! So we filed a complaint with the health department and tracked down the owners and left a message!

• Stayed December 2013
Belton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotels in New Castle are awful! But if you have to stay in New Castle (poor you) (& me right now!)
The Garden Inn is pretty dirty, the beds are better than SAAAI, and so is the breakfast, at least there's cereal! The rooms are pretty nasty, stained carpet & walls, housekeeping sucks! Better to stay on Anderson or Greenfield if you can. Staff is rude, except for Jessie, she's really nice & helpful but she's the only one!!
Try to spend your money somewhere else. And WiFi is non existent!

• Stayed December 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Before I made the reservations, I checked trip advisor and read other peoples reviews. After Looking at them and the hotels website, I decided to give it a try. The last time I was in New Castle was just a few months ago ( April) and I stayed at the Raintree Inn that time.

I went to check in to the hotel and I was an Hour early. I went to the desk and the woman and man working there were very friendly. They went to check to see if my room was ready, and because it wasn't they gave me the room upstairs. I got to the room and It was Clean, Nice, and spacious. The room was a King Suite with a nice flat Screen on the wall, a desk, a chair with a foot stool, and office chair and Refrigerator and Fridge. I had a few more interactions with staff people, and all were very nice and helpful to me. They actually appriciated your business and it showed.

In the morning they offered free breakfast : Danish, coffee, juice, toast, cereal, etc. If i had a complaint, it is that the wifi doesnt work in all of the rooms. I was told that It only worked really in the lobby or i would have to get a cord from the front desk and hook it up and some of the room internet plugs dont work. I actually didnt need it but there are some that might. The pool was closed also when i got there. It looked nice though.

I will definitly be staying here on any future trips to New Castle.

Room Tip: Stay in a King Suite. For 54 dollars plus tax a nice you cant beat it. I was in room 235 and it wa...