“My stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64 to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 West Spring Street, New Albany, IN 47150 (Formerly Best Western Louisville West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“My stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It's clean. But slow to get service if you need linens or bedding changed. And the breakfast could be improved on and they need to offer more that vegetarians or vegans can eat. Staff however is friendly.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
ekron, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I love Best Western Hotels but this on is more like a motel 8. They room was dirty and the staff was rude. They did not honor my Best Western Gift Card because they are not a corporate hotel. I stated at this hotel because my husband had emergency surgery out of state! They had nothing to help me because I had not luggage toothpaste, comb, tooth brush, comb, ect....

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Henry,

I would to apologize for your experience. I would also like to speak with you further. If you can contact me at the hotel 812.945.2771, I would like to get some more information from you and make this right. We do accept the Best Western Travel Cards, so if you have that, we will get it credited for you.
Enfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Best Western Plus Hotel room on Spring Street in Albany IN was hotter than Hades. I trekked down to the desk and asked for a fan. "I'm sorry we don't have any fans", the desk clerk said sweetly.

"You have one blowing on your legs right now", says I, also sweetly.

She looked uncomfortable for a minute and then said, "Let's see what I can find." She went into a storage room and came back ten seconds later saying all she had was a humidifier and that she couldn't give me a fan because it was a fire hazard. Then she went back to the desk and stood next to HER fire hazard. The maintenance man next to the desk asked me what was wrong with the air conditioning. I told him there was cold air when you touch the unit but it wasn't blowing out into the room. He nodded and said, "Yeah, I had another like that the other day." That's it. No offer to check it over and fix it. Nada.

I asked if she had another room in case my room didn't ever cool off or if I'd just have to leave. She said she had another room but didn't offer it to me. Back I trudged to my room. I'm sorry for the image I'm about to give you in the next sentence but it can't be helped. We stripped to our underwear and set about trying to sleep in the too hot room all night. Needless to say, we won't be going back to this hotel.

Room was clean. Amenities were as mentioned except for service and air conditioning. Room was $182 including tax but no air conditioning. If the windows would have opened the ac wouldn't have mattered because I could have gotten some outside air.

Room Tip: Don't let them give you room 214. I was in it April 28th and the ac doesn't work.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for sharing your comments. We obviously dropped the ball on your stay. This is not a typical experience for our guests and it is certainly not an acceptable. I have already addressed these concerns with our entire staff to ensure we learn from our mistakes and prevent this from happening again.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this location as part of a large group. The hotel has been renovated and upon arrival the desk staff was very helpful. Prior to that however, in numerous phone calls trying to work out the details we become frustrated. It was a nice surprise to such helpful desk staff while here. The rooms were nicely decorated and appeared clean. My only knock on the hotel is location. It sits just off the interstate but in an odd little congestion of one-way streets. The beds were very comfortable.

Stayed April 2015
Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am terribly sorry to hear you had reservation issues prior to your arrival, but I am thrilled to learn our staff was able to take great care of you. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in town for business and this was the only hotel available in the area that looked decent. I was unable to book online since the area was so busy and the rate for the cheapest room was too high. The hotel looks great in pictures because it is in the middle of renovation and the lobby is already done. Everywhere else in the common areas looked terrible from the hallways to the lighting to the doors. The elevators look like they might shutdown or fall apart. The door to my room would not open or shut without a nice kick to it. The curtains in my room were filthy and had some odd substances on them. The bathroom was renovated by the lowest bidder and it shows. There are dispensers in the shower for body wash and shampoo but they are hard to use because there is nothing supporting them. The internet was atrocious as I had could barely look at my travel plans online. The breakfast was not of value either. The oatmeal was still in the bag and just placed in the heater with the ladle through a hole in the bag. Overall if you want to stay at a hotel with everything done at the lowest possible cost for a high rate then stay here but I wont. Next time I am in the area I will stay at any other establishment.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Andrew,

Thank you for your comments. I have shared your experience with our staff so we can better improve ourselves. I am terribly sorry for the experience you had with us. I hope you give us the option to change your impression of us. We do make our oatmeal in house, but have begun to line the oatmeal pot for sanitation reasons. Out bathrooms have not yet been renovated, they are next on our list.
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here during the Thunder over Louisville event. My family and I only got about 4-5 hours of sleep due to the severe hallway noise. There was a drunk altercation outside of our room with what sounded like someone falling on the floor and hitting the wall all while dropping four letter words, multiple people talking loud, yelling obscenities, and laughing including some staff members. I understand the hotel cannot fully control patrons behavior but they should at least have had a security guard on duty to control disruption. My wife talked to the front desk staff that morning and asked for a manager. She was informed that they relay all complaints to the manager. My wife explained what had happened and she said there was a log book that they document all problems to later discuss and improve upon. The reason for my 1 star is we stopped one last time at the desk on the way out to see if she had discussed this with the manager and said yes and they would see about getting better for next time. There won't be a next time for us!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Aaron,

Thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologize for the disruption during your stay. We respond to all noise complaints and do our very best to prevent them from happening. I am sorry we were not able to prevent this altercation from happening. I have shared this info with our entire staff and we will continue to walk the property each night to ensure we provide the best experience for our guests.
Chicago, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were extremely dissatisfied with our stay. Wrong room type although my email stated a certain style room they said that that was only a request. I made this reservation back in December. My request should have been honored. Dirty shower / Not enough towels Tv stations did not work Set up of room was poor, we were in a handicap room although we did not need this type of room. They could not accommodate a reservation made back in December.

Brenda,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the experience you had with us. This is certainly not a typical experience and not one we want any guest to have. Since your reservation was made through Expedia, we had to go by the room type they told us was booked. We realized you needed two beds in the room, which is why we relocated you to the accessible room. Generally, we would not make that move, but we wanted to try to minimize the impact. On behalf of our team, we are very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you during your travels.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64? Share your experiences!