“One night stay on road trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64 to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   411 West Spring Street, New Albany, IN 47150 (Formerly Best Western Louisville West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fox Lake, Wisconsin, United States
“One night stay on road trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My family was on a road trip and we stayed at this hotel for one night. Room was clean, front desk was friendly, and the pool area was very nice. The breakfast had a nice selection and their was plenty of room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Katie, We are so thrilled you had a great stay with us. We know road trips can be stressful, so we strive to provide a comfortable room to rest and a great breakfast to get you started the next morning. We can't wait to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
JOLIET, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The employees were helpful with answering any questions.My room was very clean and kept that way thru out my stay.The shower was clean and came to temperature quickly.Breakfast was convenient and the menu was changed every morning. The pool area as well as the fitness room was kept clean. The staff was very attentive. Although I had a problem with the laundry service it was straightened out the next day. A pleasure to stay at this location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wally, it was a pleasure having you for the time you were here. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We have recently upgraded our breakfast and have been adding quite a few new items, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed everything. We hope to see you soon!
Albion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was a quick visit as I did not arrive until after 9:00 PM on a Thursday evening. I was able to take advantage of a coupon from one of the hotel shopping sites and received a competitive rate. At the hotel, apparently it is a requirement that the coupons be actually printed out so they have a physical copy. I was unable to do this as I lack a printer in my vehicle. I suggested to the lady working the counter when I checked in that I could just email it to her and she could print it right there. She considered this a perfectly acceptable compromise, and that is what we did. otherwise, I found her very helpful I directing me to a restaurant that late in the evening where I could get a nice meal. (actually the place was less than two blocks away) They even had a sheet printed showing numerous dining/entertainment choices, which I find a nice courtesy to anyone who is not intimate with the area. I cannot really say anything bad about my stay at all. The property is middle of the road for this price-point, and maybe a couple of notches above some others in the same price range.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bradley, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy you had a great stay and can't wait to see you again on your next visit to town.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I am currently at the hotel. I will never stay here again. The AM front desk staff has been very rude to me yesterday. I was trying to get information from them. They gave me the wrong info. Confused because Icouldnt figure it out (becsuse i was given the wrong info in the first place) I called back. The lady was unhelpful inpatient and blew me off. Finally on my own I realized she did not give me the correct information. They are dry every time I call down. The night shift desk clerk was plesant. I The hotel is clean breakfast was fresh. However I will never stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
This is absolutely unacceptable and not how we treat our guests. I have sent you a private email and I would love to speak with you regarding your experience so I get to the bottom of what happened and take immediate action. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service to every guest. We clearly dropped the ball during your stay and I will do what is necessary to make it right. I look forward to speaking with you.
Crown Point, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Purchased from HI, was under construction on the outside. Not crazy about the color. The stone pillars are nice. Rooms were immaculate. Always a good idea to stay in a newly renovated hotel. Close to downtown NA and Louisville - 5 minutes

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your great experience with our other guests. Our entire team is thrilled we were able to provide you with such a great experience. We have been working on our renovations for several months now and love when guests like our progress. I agree that the stone columns in the front of the building look wonderful. We can't wait to show you our other improvements on your next trip to Louisville!
Kokomo IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our first stay in the metro Louisville area in almost 15 years. We selected this hotel based on web reviews, and were generally not disappointed. Unbeatable value for the price (we paid $89+taxes). Absolutely OUTSTANDING staff: uniformly helpful, pleasant and professional. Internet services were the only drawback. Wired access with a laptop was acceptable, but slow, and often produced strange "error" messages. iPad never did connect properly. Very-good-to-excellent breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff works hard to make each guest's experience outstanding. I appreciate your feedback on our wireless internet. We are working on a solution now to improve connectivity. We look forward to showing you our improvements on your next visit.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 8 months due to family needs. However we have always stayed in a regular Queen or King room. This time we were going to be in the area for our niece's wedding and our 41st anniversary and thought we would splurge a little. Our original reservation mad earlier was only for one night, May 10th and with the online reservation we got the room for $107.10 but our plans changed due to a family emergency (a family member with cancer) and we needed to arrive a day earlier. When we called the hotel directly on that day and tried to extend it to 2 nights, the hotel clerk advised us to make the reservation online again because they could not give it to us for that discounted price. While on the road, we went to the online sight and we could only get that same room on 5/9/2014 for $179.99. We knew we would be arriving late and did not want to change rooms the following day and decided to just go with it. To our surprise this "King Suite with Hot Tub" was nothing more than a reg room with a very small oval shaped tub off in the corner. I am barely 5'2" and there was barely room for just me and when I sat down in the tub, I could reach the opposite end of the longest part with no spare room. The $107.10 charge was acceptable considering the accomodations but almost $200 with taxes for the first night was highway robbery at it's best! If you do stay here, a regular room is a great value, the staff is excellent and the breakfast bar is average. It's conveniently located close to the interstate as well and the entire campus is "SMOKE FREE".

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brandon F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for providing us feedback on your stay. I would like to start with an apology. This is certainly not a normal experience for our guests and we dropped the ball this time. I have already had a training session with our entire team to make sure they are properly explaining our Jacuzzi suites. Our team takes pride in WOW-ing our guests and we are all quite disappointed that we did not provide that experience this time. We hope to see you again and show you were still provide the excellent service and experience you have received in the past.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Albany
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 9 in Jeffersonville
3.5 of 5 stars 58 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64? Share your experiences!