“Quality and comfort at an affordable rate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64 to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 West Spring Street, New Albany, IN 47150 (Formerly Best Western Louisville West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
“Quality and comfort at an affordable rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our stay was superb! The room was clean the bed was comfortable and the staff was exceptional! They took every effort to ensure our satisfaction with zero hiccups along the way. Check in was fast and breakfast was above average!

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Having such good success staying the first time at Holiday Inn New Albany I decided to return for another stay! I arrived at a late hour and Ted Scheafer was there to help. I really have to say he went above the call of duty to make sure the room was ok. In addition, he informed the breakfast manager that I would be down late because of arriving so late that night! Although I did not catch her name on Aug 22, I can't thank her and Ted enough for looking out for me so thoughtfully! The kindness I have experienced here makes me feel like I am coming to see family! What am awesome team!!

• Stayed October 2013
Monica P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate the response and I am thrilled our staff assisted you and made your stay more enjoyable. We are now a Best Western Plus with renovated rooms! We hope to see you again soon!
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express a number of times when in the Louisville Area and it has suited me well. This fall, the owner switched affiliations after a rather complete renovation of the common areas and guest rooms. The theme is now much more modern (lots of clean lines and muted colors) and the result is quite nice. Overall feel is a bit more upscale but very welcoming. Though the reservations staff appeared to have difficulty during transition, all the rest of the staff (e.g., front desk, breakfast area, cleaning, etc.) are superb - very upbeat, friendly and efficient. The guest rooms are well-decorated with a requisite horse country motif, complete with new carpet, wall coverings, artwork and furniture. Bed is one of the most comfortable I have encountered recently, especially at a mid-level chain. Complimentary breakfast is standard fare but quite plentiful (and again the staff were very friendly and helpful). If you are in the Louisville area (and especially on the Indiana side of the border) you can't beat the value and accommodations at the new Best Western.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful response. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our new beds! We are officially a Best Western Plus and training for reservations is ongoing, but I apologize if you experienced an inconvenience. Again, glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Dates of stay - 9/28-10/3/2013. I stayed here for a convention at the Louisville Kentucky Exposition Center. It was about a 12 mile drive to the expo center. I was not pleased that marketing booked a hotel so far away. Then on Tuesday night we discovered a nice little downtown area with a few bars and restaurants. The hotel was under renovation and ownership change to a best western. They are renovating the pool. A sign said that the pool would be done by 10/7/2013. I would check. As far as hotel renovations go, they hid it prettying well. Decent breakfast served - cereal, toast, muffins, bagels, cinnamon rolls, pancakes. Scrambled eggs, sausage and sausage gravy and biscuits (these were under a heat lamp and was not very appealing, so I stayed away). There is also a Subway connected to the hotel and a Waffle House across the parking lot. It is situated right off the highway and not in a visually appealing area. About 3/4 of a mile and easy, seemingly safe walking distance is a nice downtown area that seems to be experiencing a revival. Some good restaurants and bars. I went to the New Albanian Brewing Company. I would recommend that and will write a review under the restaurants section. Paid $106 per night and thought it was worth it. I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response. We are thrilled you enjoyed the town of New Albany. We have completed our renovation and the pool area is open! We hope to see you again in the future!
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for a haunted house review weekend. The hotel itself looks nice on the inside. The room was newer and had fresh furniture and a new coat of paint but half the light bulbs were either missing or burned out. The carpet was newer in the hall but looked dirty in need of cleaning. The pool was closed for renovations and they advertise a "Bar" in the hotel. This is not true. They do not have a bar like the website advertises. Just a Subway next door and a free breakfast. The breakfast was good and there was a nice variety for a complimentary breakfast. All in all, for the price I would stay here again when in Louisville but they need to finish the renovations first.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for your response. I apologize for the miscommunication on the "bar" advertisement. I will ensure this was corrected. Our hotel has undergone a complete renovation and we hope you will visit us again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was under renovation during our stay; not too disturbing at night but a lot of work going on during the day. Hallways are cluttered with people and parts. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
During our stay a sign just appeared in the lobby saying, the hotel was changing over to a Best Western. Now this make sence. This place isn't quite up to H-I standards, it's better suited as a Best Western. You can polish a turd but remember, it's still a turd.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your response. We have completed a major renovation as of November 2013. We have all new beds and bedding, furniture, paint and carpet, plus much more. We upgraded our pool area and fitness center and we are now a Best Western Plus. Hopefully, you will give us a chance to show you all our improvements the next time you visit the area.
Emporia, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were driving back frm the east coast and wanted to stop outside of Louisville and decided to stay in New Albany at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel seemed newly remodeled and it has a very large breakfast area included in the room price. Our room was quiet and clean. The location was great with many restaurants a few blocks away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hi Robert D.,

Thank you for sharing your very nice comments about your visit to our Holiday Inn Express. We are indeed still in the process of remodeling. It sounds like you stayed in one of our newer rooms and I am glad you enjoyed it. The next time you are passing through, we would love to have you stay with us! Our new, beautiful bedding package should be in by then too!

Best Regards,
Mary Elizabeth Collins

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64? Share your experiences!