Stayed at this hotel in June 2013. Very nice hotel until 2nd night awoke in the morning to find a bug that looked like a bed bug. We then pulled the covers off both beds to see small black specks all over the sheets and what looked liked cast off skins. We immediately Called the front desk and asked them to come up and look. The girl came up and looked said she didn't know and would have someone else come and look. We left for breakfast and gave them our cell phone numbers to call us immediately when they found out. I had to go to the front desk and ask about getting our clothes dry cleaned as that is supposed to kill bed bugs. They then offered to dry clean clothes and said they would comp our first night. They said they were calling an exterminator to come and look. Then the girl called back and told us we had to change rooms. So we packed and went to another floor. We gathered everything we owned and placed in a garbage bag. they told us to bring to front desk. I told them they should pick it up we would leave it in the room. We asked again to please call our cell phones and let us know. then we showered and left. Went to visit friend in ICU and some sight seeing. Waited all day but no one called, so before we went back to hotel we called the front desk. The man said that they had called an exterminator and pulled the box springs and headboard away from the bed and found a nest, said our stay was free. At no time did we ever see a manager. We immediately went to Wal-Mart and bought new clothes and XL Large Ziplock bags. As we had looked up bed bugs on internet and were scared and crying at how hard it is to eradicate. We went to the hotel and picked up our belongings and bagged them in the XL Ziplock bags. We then changed into our new clothes in the lobby restroom put the clothes we had on in zippered bag. Then picked up our dry cleaned laundry. At which time we then double bagged them in the zip locked bags. Never once did the hotel management ever speak to us and apologize. I did check my credit card and so far have seen no charge.. drove straight home that evening. Spent the next day washing one bag of clothes at at time then dried them for over and hour at high heat just to be safe that we did not bring any home. Found those instructions from internet. In the process we threw away everything that we couldn't wash and dry. Some articles especially our shoes were ruined by the high heat. We lost between us 3 purses 3 pieces of luggage 3 pair sandals 5 pair shoes 3 of which were special Nike basketball shoes. We had 2 large 45 gallon garbage bags of clothing luggage. After all said and done our vacation ruined new clothes 24 hrs spent re laundering clothes just the sandal and shoe replacement was over $500.00. For three of us. Anyway there were adult bed bugs which means they had been there at least 6 weeks. Plus bed bug bites. Although they comped the room it just ruined everything.. Also no guarantee we still didn't bring them home so now it will be months of waiting and praying! Apparently management didn't think it was important to actually speak to us instead we only dealt with front desk help.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Louisville-Nw @ New Albany Hotel New Albany
- Holiday Inn Express Louisville-Nw @ New Albany Hotel
- Holiday Inn New Albany
- New Albany Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only five miles from downtown Louisville, Kentucky, this newly renovated Best Western Plus offers convenient access to some of Indiana and Kentucky's finest attractions. Once known as a quaint, historic little river town, New Albany has flourished in the past few years. The downtown district has become the new hotspot with locally owned on trend restaurants and shops popping up continually. Now celebrating its 200th year, New Albany has come alive and is making its mark on the region. We are confident that leisure travelers will also appreciate our hotel's location near Louisville, home of the Kentucky Derby. Nearby family attractions include Extreme Park, Waterfront Park and Falls of Ohio State Park. Adults can spend an afternoon at Horseshoe Casino or enjoy a wine tasting at Huber's Orchard and Winery. River cruises offer a unique view of the city, so we suggest that you climb aboard the Belle of Louisville while visiting our New Albany, Indiana hotel. Because of our close proximity to Louisville, business travelers find the trip in and out of the city to be quite easy. Nearby businesses include Bass Pro Shop, Floyd Memorial Hospital & Health Services, UPS, the Kentucky International Convention Center and the Kentucky Fair and Expo Center. Our hotel also features excellent business amenities, such as three on-site meeting rooms and a 24hr Business Center. Committed to promoting higher education in the region, you will find the campuses of Indiana University Southeast, Ivy Tech, Purdue Technology Center, and the University of Louisville within minutes of each other. Unlike other hotels near Louisville, we offer New Albany's best indoor pool, which is a great place to relax after a long day of meetings or sightseeing. We hope our guests take advantage of our daily, complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Other amenities include free high-speed, wireless Internet and 24 hour business center. Book your next stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Best Western and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.