“Bed bugs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64 to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 West Spring Street, New Albany, IN 47150 (Formerly Best Western Louisville West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in New Albany
“Bed bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in June 2013. Very nice hotel until 2nd night awoke in the morning to find a bug that looked like a bed bug. We then pulled the covers off both beds to see small black specks all over the sheets and what looked liked cast off skins. We immediately Called the front desk and asked them to come up and look. The girl came up and looked said she didn't know and would have someone else come and look. We left for breakfast and gave them our cell phone numbers to call us immediately when they found out. I had to go to the front desk and ask about getting our clothes dry cleaned as that is supposed to kill bed bugs. They then offered to dry clean clothes and said they would comp our first night. They said they were calling an exterminator to come and look. Then the girl called back and told us we had to change rooms. So we packed and went to another floor. We gathered everything we owned and placed in a garbage bag. they told us to bring to front desk. I told them they should pick it up we would leave it in the room. We asked again to please call our cell phones and let us know. then we showered and left. Went to visit friend in ICU and some sight seeing. Waited all day but no one called, so before we went back to hotel we called the front desk. The man said that they had called an exterminator and pulled the box springs and headboard away from the bed and found a nest, said our stay was free. At no time did we ever see a manager. We immediately went to Wal-Mart and bought new clothes and XL Large Ziplock bags. As we had looked up bed bugs on internet and were scared and crying at how hard it is to eradicate. We went to the hotel and picked up our belongings and bagged them in the XL Ziplock bags. We then changed into our new clothes in the lobby restroom put the clothes we had on in zippered bag. Then picked up our dry cleaned laundry. At which time we then double bagged them in the zip locked bags. Never once did the hotel management ever speak to us and apologize. I did check my credit card and so far have seen no charge.. drove straight home that evening. Spent the next day washing one bag of clothes at at time then dried them for over and hour at high heat just to be safe that we did not bring any home. Found those instructions from internet. In the process we threw away everything that we couldn't wash and dry. Some articles especially our shoes were ruined by the high heat. We lost between us 3 purses 3 pieces of luggage 3 pair sandals 5 pair shoes 3 of which were special Nike basketball shoes. We had 2 large 45 gallon garbage bags of clothing luggage. After all said and done our vacation ruined new clothes 24 hrs spent re laundering clothes just the sandal and shoe replacement was over $500.00. For three of us. Anyway there were adult bed bugs which means they had been there at least 6 weeks. Plus bed bug bites. Although they comped the room it just ruined everything.. Also no guarantee we still didn't bring them home so now it will be months of waiting and praying! Apparently management didn't think it was important to actually speak to us instead we only dealt with front desk help.

Room Tip: Avoid third floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Klanc,

I would like to first greatly apologize for the inconvenience of your stay. It is never the intention of our team to have our guest go through this experience. We strive to create a great experience for each and every guest and if we do not meet that expectation we try our best to make it right.

On the afternoon that you speak of we did speak concerning you experience and that is when I informed you that we would be making your multiple night stay complimentary. As the General Manager of the hotel I am involved in all matters concerning a complaint of this magnitude and also took the time to go through advice and tips for how to work with your concerns.

Once again I apologize that we did not meet expectations and that I was not clearer in my introduction so that you knew that management was involved in the handling of your complaint.

Thank you for your time and if there is anything else I can do please contact me directly at 812-945-2771 ext 5103.

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've stayed in many different hotels during my Military career and this one has been the BEST.
Kaye in housekeeping on my first day there asked me if I needed anything special. I asked about the #2 button on her shirt and she replied I'm number 1. Carol sets up the best breakfast, she even gave me 101 instructions on the pancake machine and troubleshooting. Anthony and Ted always made sure I received my daily cookies! (chocolate chip cookies are my favorite). Kristi gave me a coupon for $free play and $5 off the buffet at Horse Shoe Casino. Jennifer provided me great customer service on the phone one week prior to my arrival. Saddens me I was not able to see her during my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear 155Shortround,

Thank you so much for your service to our Country! We greatly appreciate your feedback concerning our outstanding staff who love to go out of their way to exceed our guests expectations. Kaye, Carol, Ted, Anthony, Jennifer and Kristi are great team members who are often commended by our guests for their service.

Once again we thank you for your review and hope to see you again as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

Evansville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Clean, convenient on/off interstate, friendly staff. Kids enjoyed the clean indoor pool. Good free breakfast. 200 character minimum? aklfl.jdlfjsl;jdfsdjflkjsdljflkdsj slfjsdkljf lf lsakl; kjf sja lsfj ;sd sdjfklj lkfj lsad

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trevor,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team as they love to hear great feedback about their work.

We look forward to having you as our guest again as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Check in was easy. When we called down to get linens for our pull out couch, (there was no linens in or around the room) there was only one person on staff. We waited and waited and finally my husband went down and got them himself. Lots of stains on the carpet. Carol the staff member working in the breakfast area, was very nice and helpful. She made sure everything was filled and always had a smile on her face. She took pride in her job and did it well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Mom2874,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate all feedback and I appreciate your comments so that we may work to better accommodate our guests in the future in regards the requests you made for linens.

In regards to the carpet in the room we are looking forward to numerous changes in the hotel to freshen our appearance, including in room carpet, in order to match our staffs bright and hospitable demeanor. As you mentioned Carol is a fantastic team member who is constantly recognized for her efforts in our breakfast every morning.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to having you as our guest as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Just wanted to say after a 200 mile drive to the hospital to see my mother and being wore out and ready for bed I come to the hotel and meet Tom he was very nice and got me a room I get to the room and the air was broken along with the bath room sink so I go back down and talk to Tom again and he gets me set up with another room no questions asked I get back up to the new room and it was a reck had not even been cleaned as bad as I wanted to be mad at Tom I couldn't be he was very understanding and very helpful he got me another room as quick as he could... I just want to say he is very professional and very considerate of his customers he is very good at his job and puts smiles on people's faces even if the hotel makes mistakes you all should be very happy to have an employee like Tom!

• Stayed June 2013
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Aalstadt,

Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. We greatly appreciate your kind comments about our awesome team member Tom. He is a recent addition to the team and has embraced the hospitality driven atmosphere we strive to provide here at the hotel.

As to the condition in which you found your room and I greatly apologize for the inconvenience. As you know mistakes can happen and we will use this information to train our team to do better in the future.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The front office staff was very courteous and personable. This attitude was seen throughout the entire staff including the housekeeping staff. As we walked through the halls, pleasant good morning and have a nice day was sincere and not routine or mechanical. Although room was nice and clean (the beds surprisingly comfortable!) there was a slight ring around the bathtub. I had not problem taking a shower but would have been hesitant to put young children in the tub.
the best part of all was the breakfast. Quite delicious...look out I Hop! The food was restaurant quality not the usual food trough stuff you frequently find at "free breakfast" buffets. The women that tends to the buffet was a gem! That gal worked her u-know-what off and with a smile. Carol should be commended for great service, a pleasing personality and going out of her way to make our experience an enjoyable one. We were running late for a plane and she grabbed a to-go box and fixed up a nice breakfast sampler for us. You don't find service with a smile like this often. Way to go Carol! We will be back since we have family in New Albany and need a comfortable, clean and friendly place to stay several times a year. LLB/Phoenix AZ

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Laura,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and team! We do have a great team who is dedicated to the comfort and enjoyment of our guests stay. A great example of our genuine caring attitude is with Carol each morning when she greets her guests at the complimentary breakfast.

I apologize about the condition of your tub and will share your comments with our management team so that we may better accomodate our guests in the future.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to having you as our guest as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We found the hotel through hotelcoupons.com. The staff was extremely friendly and Angela went out of her way to accommodate our family of 5. The pool was just what we needed after a long road trip. Carol was so hospitable to us at the free breakfast. It was clear to see that the staff cared about their guests and worked hard to make our stay enjoyable.

Dear Mary Ellen,

Thank you so much for taking the team to give us such great feedback about your stay. The dedication of our great team members like Angela and Carol are truly what sets our hotel apart from all others. We are glad that you were able to enjoy some time at the pool with your family and then at our free hot breakfast in the morning.

Once again thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we look forward to serving you again as your travels bring you back to the Louisville area.

Holiday Inn Express Louisville - NW

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64? Share your experiences!