“Outstanding Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64 to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 West Spring Street, New Albany, IN 47150 (Formerly Best Western Louisville West)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
Davenport, Iowa
“Outstanding Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've stayed in many different hotels during my Military career and this one has been the BEST.
Kaye in housekeeping on my first day there asked me if I needed anything special. I asked about the #2 button on her shirt and she replied I'm number 1. Carol sets up the best breakfast, she even gave me 101 instructions on the pancake machine and troubleshooting. Anthony and Ted always made sure I received my daily cookies! (chocolate chip cookies are my favorite). Kristi gave me a coupon for $free play and $5 off the buffet at Horse Shoe Casino. Jennifer provided me great customer service on the phone one week prior to my arrival. Saddens me I was not able to see her during my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear 155Shortround,

Thank you so much for your service to our Country! We greatly appreciate your feedback concerning our outstanding staff who love to go out of their way to exceed our guests expectations. Kaye, Carol, Ted, Anthony, Jennifer and Kristi are great team members who are often commended by our guests for their service.

Once again we thank you for your review and hope to see you again as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

Holiday Inn Express Louisville - NW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Evansville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Clean, convenient on/off interstate, friendly staff. Kids enjoyed the clean indoor pool. Good free breakfast. 200 character minimum? aklfl.jdlfjsl;jdfsdjflkjsdljflkdsj slfjsdkljf lf lsakl; kjf sja lsfj ;sd sdjfklj lkfj lsad

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trevor,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team as they love to hear great feedback about their work.

We look forward to having you as our guest again as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Check in was easy. When we called down to get linens for our pull out couch, (there was no linens in or around the room) there was only one person on staff. We waited and waited and finally my husband went down and got them himself. Lots of stains on the carpet. Carol the staff member working in the breakfast area, was very nice and helpful. She made sure everything was filled and always had a smile on her face. She took pride in her job and did it well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Mom2874,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate all feedback and I appreciate your comments so that we may work to better accommodate our guests in the future in regards the requests you made for linens.

In regards to the carpet in the room we are looking forward to numerous changes in the hotel to freshen our appearance, including in room carpet, in order to match our staffs bright and hospitable demeanor. As you mentioned Carol is a fantastic team member who is constantly recognized for her efforts in our breakfast every morning.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to having you as our guest as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Just wanted to say after a 200 mile drive to the hospital to see my mother and being wore out and ready for bed I come to the hotel and meet Tom he was very nice and got me a room I get to the room and the air was broken along with the bath room sink so I go back down and talk to Tom again and he gets me set up with another room no questions asked I get back up to the new room and it was a reck had not even been cleaned as bad as I wanted to be mad at Tom I couldn't be he was very understanding and very helpful he got me another room as quick as he could... I just want to say he is very professional and very considerate of his customers he is very good at his job and puts smiles on people's faces even if the hotel makes mistakes you all should be very happy to have an employee like Tom!

• Stayed June 2013
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Aalstadt,

Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. We greatly appreciate your kind comments about our awesome team member Tom. He is a recent addition to the team and has embraced the hospitality driven atmosphere we strive to provide here at the hotel.

As to the condition in which you found your room and I greatly apologize for the inconvenience. As you know mistakes can happen and we will use this information to train our team to do better in the future.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The front office staff was very courteous and personable. This attitude was seen throughout the entire staff including the housekeeping staff. As we walked through the halls, pleasant good morning and have a nice day was sincere and not routine or mechanical. Although room was nice and clean (the beds surprisingly comfortable!) there was a slight ring around the bathtub. I had not problem taking a shower but would have been hesitant to put young children in the tub.
the best part of all was the breakfast. Quite delicious...look out I Hop! The food was restaurant quality not the usual food trough stuff you frequently find at "free breakfast" buffets. The women that tends to the buffet was a gem! That gal worked her u-know-what off and with a smile. Carol should be commended for great service, a pleasing personality and going out of her way to make our experience an enjoyable one. We were running late for a plane and she grabbed a to-go box and fixed up a nice breakfast sampler for us. You don't find service with a smile like this often. Way to go Carol! We will be back since we have family in New Albany and need a comfortable, clean and friendly place to stay several times a year. LLB/Phoenix AZ

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Augustus A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS West I-64, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Laura,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and team! We do have a great team who is dedicated to the comfort and enjoyment of our guests stay. A great example of our genuine caring attitude is with Carol each morning when she greets her guests at the complimentary breakfast.

I apologize about the condition of your tub and will share your comments with our management team so that we may better accomodate our guests in the future.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to having you as our guest as your travel brings you back to the Louisville area.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We found the hotel through hotelcoupons.com. The staff was extremely friendly and Angela went out of her way to accommodate our family of 5. The pool was just what we needed after a long road trip. Carol was so hospitable to us at the free breakfast. It was clear to see that the staff cared about their guests and worked hard to make our stay enjoyable.

Dear Mary Ellen,

Thank you so much for taking the team to give us such great feedback about your stay. The dedication of our great team members like Angela and Carol are truly what sets our hotel apart from all others. We are glad that you were able to enjoy some time at the pool with your family and then at our free hot breakfast in the morning.

Once again thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we look forward to serving you again as your travels bring you back to the Louisville area.

Rural Retreat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel may be old, but they are doing a great job to keep it clean and looking good. Every staff member I met in the course of my stay greeted me and asked me how my stay was and if there was anything they could do to help us. Took my kids to the pool and it was well equipped not only with towels but well prepared in case of an emergency, they even had a backboard in case someone injured themselves by ignoring the no diving signs. The room was clean and well stocked with toiletries and items to keep the coffee maker running if need be. The breakfast bar was good and they were constantly stocking it, I saw her putting things out at least three times while I was having breakfast. I can't think of a better hotel experience that I have ever had. It is only enhanced by the fact that I had almost the worst hotel experience I've ever had on this trip. I know the next time I got visit the relatives in Iowa, where I will be staying at the halfway point.

Room Tip: Make sure and make a reservation, they were sold out, even in the middle of the week.