“Cockroach in beverage” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
New Albany, Indiana
“Cockroach in beverage”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I took 2 teenage daughters out to lunch for their buffet. When you enter the building, you are asked to ay first. They also take your beverage order.

We went through the buffet, and than sat down at our table to enjoy our lunch. A few minutes into our lunch, one of my daughters pointed to my cup and said there was a large bug in it. Upon closer examination, it appeared to be a small cockroach trying to swim to the top of the glass. my daughters and I were completely grossed out. I uderstand that things can happen, but a live cockroach crawling around made us lose our appetitie.

We had literally eaten just a few bites of our food. I called over a server who said she would get me a new beverage. I told her that we wanted to leave, and asked for a refund (sometning I have never done before). The gentleman at the register kept giving us different feedback. First "no refund" then he said "only yours" then "I give you half back." He told me I had to leave the table and come up to the register. Then another gentleman came out and they spoke in Chinese back and forth. He then changed his mind again and told us no refund.

A regular customer than approached us at the register and accused us of trying to defruad this poor man and claimed that we put the bug in our beverage to get a free. I couldn't believe this was happening to us, so....we left.

Calling the health department on this establishment. The gentleman at the register even told me "we had things like this happen before." Wow, I guess I should not be suprised. Paid over 20 dollares for 3 lunches that we barely touched. Tried to quitely bring it to the owners attention, and were treated rudely. Do NOT eat here. There are plenty of other restaurants to choose from in New Albany, IN.

• Visited July 2012