“Great food and atmosphere!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sellersburg, IN
“Great food and atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This little restaurant is tucked away on Market Street in New Albany, Indiana in the up-and-coming-food district. Oh my what a gem!!! While you might look at the menu and say "Oh my, those prices are high!", you cannot put a value on the atmosphere and experience of this establishment!. My husband and daughter are lovers of French food. They were ecstatic! Both ordered the Chicken Roulade. The taste was perfect, temperature just right, and sauce just the correct amount. The entrees come with a salad. I had the French Onion soup which was delicious. The Crème Brule was so tasty!! We also saw the special order Grand Marnier soufflé as it was delivered to another table. What an experience!! A guitarist played softly in the dining area and we were treated to one of the servers singing with him. A wonderful night. This restaurant would serve you well for a romantic dinner and evening!!!

• Visited August 2014

Jeffersonville, IN
“Pricey but good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Sonya and I went Friday evening 7/25/2014. It is a nice setting in Downtown New Albany on Market Street very close to several other small ethnic restaurants. I wanted to try the Bouillabaisse but it was $42 and that is too much to lay out on your first trip to an unknown restaurant when it is Friday evening and it isn't crowded. I went with roasted pork tenderloin, that is usually a safe bet and it was a little more reasonable at $19. Sonya ordered a chicken dish that I can not pronounce or spell but it was basically Chicken Cordon Bleu without any breading served with a champagne sauce. My pork tenderloin was served with a mustard sauce and was quite good. The service was good. We don't drink alcohol but they seemed to have a good selection of wine. They had several deserts, Sonya chose Chocolate mousse which she said was very good. I will probably go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jeffersonville, IN
“Wonderful French restaurant in Kentuckiana!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant for dinner. The menu had quite a few items to choose from. I ordered the special of the night which was they take on Chicken Cordon Bleu. Andy ordered the pork tenderloin. My dish consisted of pieces of chicken with a slice of ham and chicken mousse wrapped up inside. It was served in a champagne sauce which was quite delicious. Andy's pork tenderloin was served with a mustard sauce and it was also delicious. I topped my meal off with the chocolate mousse. I really enjoyed dinner and I will be returning to try something else on the menu. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited July 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I am always reluctant to write review that rate a restaurant poorly. Even good restaurants can have a bad evening, as can cooks and waiters. But sometimes the experience is so bad that a poor review seems warranted. That is especially so in this case, since I perused TripAdvisor reviews for this restaurant and found most of them to be highly favorable. Our experience certainly was not.

The four of us had reservations for a Saturday evening, during which there were only four tables of patrons. We began by ordering drinks: three kir royale (champagne with kir liquor), and one tonic water with a twist of time. We were served three glasses of champagne sans kir, and the fourth order was evidently forgotten. As the champagne became flat we signaled the waitress and pointed out that we had ordered kir royale, at which point she returned with a bottle of kir and poured it into the champagne. Much later the bartender brought me a complimentary tonic water and apologized for it being late, since the order had not been communicated to him. Strike one.

For appetizers, three of us ordered escargots (snails), and one ordered quiche. The quiche was terrible, and the escargot shells contained only minute traces of snails. I estimate that the 18 shells contained perhaps one or at most two snails that had been minutely sliced. Having had snails at numerous restaurants in the US and in Europe, we were astonished. Strike two.

Entree orders consisted of two coq au vin, one duck breast, and one beef bourguignon. The person who received the beef entree asked the waiter what he had been served, and she confirmed his order, but he swears that the entree had little or no resemblance to what he had ordered. Strike three.

Two of us ordered cabernet sauvignon. It was served at a temperature that we estimated to be 40 or perhaps 45 degrees, well below the accepted international recommendation of 55 degrees. This considerably reduced its aroma and taste. Strike four.

Dessert was OK, but not by no means good enough to outweigh the problems just described.

We will not be visiting this restaurant again, and have encouraged others not to do so. We are not food snobs, and are relatively forgiving in most situations like this. But my wife and I agree that our meal here was the second worst we have ever experienced anywhere in a restaurant that aspires to be upscale, as this one certainly does.

Since dining there, we have encountered several couples whose experience was similar to ours.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Valparaiso, IN
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We went for Mother's Day brunch, we had reservations, it was very busy. The food was excellent the atmosphere was delightful. There was a live guitarist playing mellow tunes at a reasonable volume that did not interfere w/ conversation at all. It was a great experience, we will be returning for sure.

• Visited May 2014