“Very good overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
Moore, Oklahoma
“Very good overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel was very good overall. My only complaint is that the bed wasn't very comfortable. I have stayed at many Hampton Inns, and this was the least comfortable bed of all the Hampton Inns I have visited. However, the location is great being so close to Louisville, and the hotel was clean. The staff was professional and friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Second time we have stayed here. Heather, hotel clerk, was very helpful, friendly and courteous. Our room was clean, breakfast had a variety of food, morning staff was very nice. The only disappointment was the low lighting in the room, especially the bathroom area. Would recommend they place a pull-out mirror on the bathroom wall. However, will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Broomfield, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This facility is in dire need to refurbish. Carpet, paint, etc. Just feels and looks old and tired. Rooms are not in as bad a condition as general areas. Housekeeping was terrible. It was a family death that took us to this location and the lack of housekeeping service here added to our stress

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-NewAlbany, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Albany, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
I apologize for the condition of the hotel and surveys like yours are what is leading to a remodel plan. I can not express how sorry I am for your loss. I invite you back to see the changes we are making.

Christopher Nokes
Columbus, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

First, I travel every week for work and choose Hampton Inns primarily but from the minute I pulled in to this property, I was leery. This hotel does not seem to be in a great area and was definitely not up to Hampton standards. The rooms felt more like an motel- old and very worn. The shower was gross for lack of better words and I was really wishing I could skip taking a shower there. I slept horribly on the uncomfortable mattress which never happens at other Hampton Inns. The floor was peeling up by the AC and there were just a number of eyesores. But to top it off, when I went down to get breakfast, I was so disgusted by how filthy and stained the chairs and couches were, I couldn't bring myself to eat anything there or even try the coffee! I have never seen anything like it. So my tip would be to go right across the bridge into Louisville where there are plenty of other options!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HamptonInn-NewAlbany, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Albany, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Lindsay M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.

Christopher Nokes
Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We happened to end up in New Albany, IN, one night on our vacation. Decided to try the Hampton Inn but they were booked. Two guys overheard our conversation and said that they
had booked 4 rooms for a bachelor party but only needed 3 so we were welcome to buy their room if we wanted. The staff made the arrangements so we stayed there only 1 night but it was a very nice room, very clean, had a nice indoor pool that our 10 year old used, they stayed open late so he could swim. They also had a wonderful hot, continental breakfast! We were very pleased with the stay!

Room Tip: Was a surprisingly nice town to land in for the night! All of the restaurants had some sort of live...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HamptonInn-NewAlbany, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Albany, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Joye H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate you comments and glad you were able to take advantage of the other guest overbooking. I am also pleased you and your 10 year old were able to take advantage of the pool. Please come back the next time you are in town.

Chris Nokes
Valparaiso, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Member - and normally love all the brands. But this place is bad. Nice employees, but dirty room (101) bugs, stained wall paper, dirty tub - yuck. Very noisy in room 101. This place must be hit or miss depending on the rooms not all reviews are bad - but seriously consider another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Patty S.

I am sorry your experience was not to your satisfaction. Please contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your stay further.

Chris Nokes
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is tops! Staff is wonderful, very pleasant to deal with. The room was clean and the bed oh so comfy! It had been awhile since we stayed at a Hampton and I had forgotten how wonderful, clean, and comfortable it was.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Caroline P.

Thank you for such a nice review. I have shared your survey with the staff and everyone is appreciative. Please stop by again the next time you are in the area.

Chris N.

Been to Hampton Inn New Albany? Share your experiences!