“Couldn't have picked a better hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
Indianapolis, United States
“Couldn't have picked a better hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is tops! Staff is wonderful, very pleasant to deal with. The room was clean and the bed oh so comfy! It had been awhile since we stayed at a Hampton and I had forgotten how wonderful, clean, and comfortable it was.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-NewAlbany, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Albany, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Caroline P.

Thank you for such a nice review. I have shared your survey with the staff and everyone is appreciative. Please stop by again the next time you are in the area.

Chris N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Morristown, IN, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have stayed in Hampton Inns while traveling for many years, but their recent upgrades to high countertops in the bathrooms is making us rethink that decision. I am 4'11'' and have a very difficult time using the sink. It would be impossible for children to wash hands or brush teeth in these sinks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hindman, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I like Hampton in new Albany because it is close to the casino.I have stayed here several times and the rooms have always clean and well equipped. I do however wish the parking lot was better lit at night.

Room Tip: Park near a light if possible, I saw a car intentionally destroyed (windows) by an angry person when...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fred T.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Always apleasure seeing you back and hope you continue your winning ways at the casino.

va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Close to highway and restaurants. In dire need of updating. Staff friendly but seemed overwhelmed. Hotel was completely booked, we checked in late and had an issue with linens. Staff did the best she could to accomodate since no one was available in housekeeping. Breakfast was decent but rooms were a bit dated. I would pass this Hampton the next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
bdinnab,

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate every guest letting us know how we are doing and I am sorry we fell short on this stay. Due to comments like yours we are starting the remodel stage of carpeting, wall vinyl and in room lighting. Please reconsider giving us another chance the next time you are in the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean room and great breakfast Close to casino Close to great restraunts Easy access to interstate highways. A nice area of town with great places to walk. The ladies at the breakfast made sure every thing was full and the food good and hot. They were the best people at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-NewAlbany, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Albany, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
327larryt,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to see our guest enjoy their stay. I hope you won BIG at the casino! Looking forward to seeing you again when you return.

Chris
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Room was a typical Hampton upon arrival. However, my allergies started kicking in and I knew there was mold in the room. The soap dish in the bathtub had black gunk underneath it as did the edge of the tub. Trying to get through the night, we were awakened at 11:30 by our next door neighbors who had a child. If the child had been upset, it would've been understandable, but the adults were very loud and the child was squealing and having the time of his life. We called the front desk, to no avail. No big deal. When I gave up at 7 a.m. (they were also up very early), I went to the bathroom to take a shower. The tub wouldn't drain. I had the unfortunate pleasure of pulling the biggest hair ball out of the drain. I've posted a picture for your viewing pleasure. The front desk was dismissive.... all but yawned in our face. Needless to say, we'll not stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HamptonInn-NewAlbany, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Albany, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
LTTD,

I can not even put into words how sorry I am for your experience. Please call me at the hotel to discuss your stay.

Chris, General Manager
Boerne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

A vey average motel in all respects. I'm not a person for words and am writing the remainder of this review because to be accepted, it must contain a minimum of 200 characters. I'm 73 years old and before I retired, traveled weekly for 40 years. I know good hotel versus a bad one, and this was very average. I would not stay there again and would not recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

David F,

Due to reviews such as yours we will be in a renovation project beginning in July which will include, guest rooms, lobby area, hall corridors and wall vinyl. I hope you come back and see the changes we are making and we make you a proud guest again.

Chris

Been to Hampton Inn New Albany? Share your experiences!