“Hampton” 5 of 5 stars

Double Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
“Hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean room and great breakfast Close to casino Close to great restraunts Easy access to interstate highways. A nice area of town with great places to walk. The ladies at the breakfast made sure every thing was full and the food good and hot. They were the best people at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-NewAlbany, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Albany, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
327larryt,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to see our guest enjoy their stay. I hope you won BIG at the casino! Looking forward to seeing you again when you return.

Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Room was a typical Hampton upon arrival. However, my allergies started kicking in and I knew there was mold in the room. The soap dish in the bathtub had black gunk underneath it as did the edge of the tub. Trying to get through the night, we were awakened at 11:30 by our next door neighbors who had a child. If the child had been upset, it would've been understandable, but the adults were very loud and the child was squealing and having the time of his life. We called the front desk, to no avail. No big deal. When I gave up at 7 a.m. (they were also up very early), I went to the bathroom to take a shower. The tub wouldn't drain. I had the unfortunate pleasure of pulling the biggest hair ball out of the drain. I've posted a picture for your viewing pleasure. The front desk was dismissive.... all but yawned in our face. Needless to say, we'll not stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HamptonInn-NewAlbany, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Albany, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
LTTD,

I can not even put into words how sorry I am for your experience. Please call me at the hotel to discuss your stay.

Chris, General Manager
Boerne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

A vey average motel in all respects. I'm not a person for words and am writing the remainder of this review because to be accepted, it must contain a minimum of 200 characters. I'm 73 years old and before I retired, traveled weekly for 40 years. I know good hotel versus a bad one, and this was very average. I would not stay there again and would not recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

David F,

Due to reviews such as yours we will be in a renovation project beginning in July which will include, guest rooms, lobby area, hall corridors and wall vinyl. I hope you come back and see the changes we are making and we make you a proud guest again.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We spent one night and that was enough. TV did not work; lamp did not work; black mildew around bathtub; plumbing exposed in bathtub; hallway smelled like mildew. Room 108. They offered to move us to another room - but no one from the staff helped us pack and move!

For a Hampton Inn, this is really bad. My husband called it a "dog house". And he is usually easy to please.

We would have left but we had been on the road 9 hours.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
bauthentic,

I am sorry for your experience while stay with us and rest assure this review is not going unnoticed. We are in the planning stages of starting a renovation consisting of guest rooms, carpeting/wall vinyl, halls and lobby area. I hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again and see the chances we are making.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Very Clean place to stay, wonderful staff and great breakfast! Slept so good and comfortable temperature in room! No complaints!! Highly recommended! I was pleased with my stay and have stayed with this hotel several different occasions and brought my family as well for leisure activities.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Mooresville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Low par for a Hampton Inn, they need an update. The rooms are pretty small, and so are the beds. We were allowed to reserve a room for my family of 5 (kids 10,8,6). When we asked for a roll-a-way, we were told they didn't provide them, so my daughter (6) slept on a pile of extra blankets on the floor. The tubs are pretty dated. Never saw the pool area. Everyone was exhausted anyway so it didn't matter much. Breakfast was good as usual with Hampton Inn. But we'll probably avoid this one in the near future. I think the area has real potential with it's location near Louisville/Ohio River.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Culpeper, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at our stay at this hotel with its convenient location off I-64. The overall stay at the hotel was very good .. nice place, clean and it was ready for us when we arrived. We got a superb tip for dinner at a nearby restaurant which turned out to be a great evening.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn New Albany? Share your experiences!