“Tasty Cuban Cuisine” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Habana Blues is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in New Albany
Description: small plates/tapas
New Albany, Indiana, United States
“Tasty Cuban Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Any dish I've had here is delicious. It is a little pricey, and servings are modest, but the food and presentation is well-worth the cost. You can get half-size orders which makes it more affordable, and they have tasty and refreshing drinks. They offer outdoor seating as well.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Albany, Indiana
“Excellent Cuban food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have been here several times - great traditional Cuban food! Service is prompt and polite and they won't hesitate to recommend dishes according to your tastes. (Cuban food is NOT spicy.) The only issues we have had here is with the rude local people, no manners, demanding - just very poor public behavior. When coming to a CUBAN restaurant, order CUBAN food to truly experience their culture - you want a panini or fish sandwich - go someplace that specializes in that.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crown Point, Indiana
“Habana is the Manna!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very different way to eat. Lots of fun with good food. You will need your Adventurer hat and do not forget your wallet. it is not cheap but worthwhile!
Most items are a-la-cart. we passed everything around the table. this was about 2 years ago so that would be 2012 or 2011

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clarksville, Indiana
“Anniversary dinner done right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife & I recently visited Habana Blues for our wedding anniversary & thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was delicious, as was our view eating in the courtyard (we enjoyed live music & the soothing sound of the fountain as we ate). What made the visit was the unbelievable service. With our permission, our waiter made suggestions to/modified our order & it was the right call. Overall it was a great trip & we can't wait to go back!

louisville, ky
“First and Last Visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I expected much more. I was extremely disappointed in the food, the service, and the cleanliness of Habana Blues. A friend and I went there for lunch and sat in the courtyard, which did have a charming atmosphere other than the odd mix of Latin music and Hip-Hop blaring through the speaker. I ordered the grilled vegetable Panini, took one bite, and decided I was not sticking that in my mouth again. It was definitely not as the menu described, but consisted of pickled, limp vegetables that tasted of vinegar. The mixture made the bread disgustingly soggy. My friend was half way through her grouper sandwich, which was definitely not grouper as the menu stated, before the waitress came back to check on us, so I didn't even bother to order a replacement. She didn't seem very concerned about the lack of quality in my sandwich and never came back again until it was time to deliver the check. The silverware was dirty. After watching the loose screen on the kitchen door flap in the wind and watching the waitress stick her foot through, where a lower screen should have been, the door to open it when her hands were full, it made me wonder about how sanitary the kitchen was. Needless to say, I won't be visiting this restaurant ever again.

• Visited June 2014