“GREAT place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Louisville, Kentucky
“GREAT place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a family owned cafeteria type restaurant. Although they are usually fairly busy you can get through the line VERY quickly. The food is VERY good and is "down home" type food, Very good selection, great quantities, VERY good prices. My wife and I eat there often and our cost with drinks, desert, and usually I order more than a regular serving, is $20.00 or less. The place is clean, the staff are VERY friendly, and it,s a pleasure to eat there. .

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great home cooking, friendly staff, what a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

I took two bus loads of high school kids to Lancaster's after having it recommended to me by the staff at Holiday Inn Express, where we were staying overnight. All I cam say is, it was excellent. The food was exactly as advertised, "comfort food like your grandmother would fix." Troy Lancaster, the owner, worked with us and even kept the restaurant open late for us to have dinner. I only wish we traveled through this area more often, as I would love to stop here again.

Scott Co Indiana
“AWESOME FOOD AND FAIR PRICES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Try the Fish on Wednesdays and Fridays. The Cod is delicious. The BBQ, Chciken and the Chicken and Dumplings are also very good. I go here on ocassion for Lunch as the Bridge is closed and this is by far the BEST place to eat in the area. I belive that I have tried them all. It usually is around 6 to 7 dollars to get more Home cooked food than one can eat. Plus they have different desserts available each day.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU TRY THEM.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Old school good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Busy, with cafeteria style food. I love the fried chicken. Good side dishes and this place is cheap. Nothing fancy, just real good.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
louisville, ky
“Great Food. Good Selection. Reasonally Priced. More Than Friendly Hospitality.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

All Servers Are Knowledgable. In Fact I Got To Know Three Servers and The Owner Dee Lancaster. What A Wonderful Lady. This Was Our First Time Of Coming To Lancasters. The Food Is What The "Good Old Boys" Talk About When They Say; "That Taste Just Like Grandma's Used Too". Enough Said: Go Visit Lancasters For A Pleasant Suprise. Meet The Folks.
Earl